Ni Ni In Balenciaga – Sina Weibo Awards

Ni Ni In Balenciaga -  Sina Weibo Awards

Ni Ni also attended the Sina Weibo Awards Ceremony held in Beijing, China on Wednesday (January 15).

The actress, who we saw yesterday wearing Dior, opted for a Balenciaga Spring 2014 frock on this occasion.

The black off-the-shoulder micro-mini dress featuring a fold detail going from shoulder to hemline was styled with Jimmy Choo accessories, including their popular ‘Candy’ clutch and ‘Typhoon’ double-strap pumps, plus a silver necklace and perspex cuff.

I feel this dress should be styled with a much more minimalist approach; I would save the necklace and lose the bracelet.

You may remember that Zoe Kravitz wore this same dress to the LA premiere of ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’.

Jimmy Choo

Jimmy Choo ‘Typhoon’ PumpsJimmy Choo US and Jimmy Choo UK
Jimmy Choo ‘Candy’ Clutchfarfetch.com US and farfetch.com

Vanessa Hudgens In Giorgio Armani - The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Vanessa Hudgens In Giorgio Armani – The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Chris Pine In Ralph Lauren Purple Label - 'Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit'

Chris Pine In Ralph Lauren Purple Label – ‘Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit’

10 Responses to Ni Ni In Balenciaga – Sina Weibo Awards

1. Christine January 16, 2014 at 11:01 #

I like this dress better on Zoe. Like her shoes though!

• Yeliz January 16, 2014 at 11:18 #

+1.

2. Tess January 16, 2014 at 11:21 #

I prefer the sleek and modern runway styling. She’s to tizzed up with her girly accessories making the dress loose its appeal and look cheap.

3. Serenity January 16, 2014 at 13:16 #

Less accessories and a modern, minimally styled hair-do would’ve made this perfect. I do like the shoes with it.

• Nat39 January 16, 2014 at 16:17 #

It’s not just the accessories, it’s the hair as well, exactly. It’s too cutesy for this cool and modern little number.

4. dee January 16, 2014 at 13:34 #

I like this better on her than on Zoe or the model.

5. Badaboum January 16, 2014 at 13:38 #

Loves the dress but I agree with the comments about the accessories.

FC,
    Some times ago, you used to do posts named something like “what she should have worn instead”, in which you suggested the shoes that would have been preferred with the look in the post.
    I really liked those! It would be perfectly fitting with this post for example.

PS. This is not a criticism at all: I love your blog, it is beautifully maintained and I check it every single day. When I saw the picture in the post I mentally changed and added the accessories in my head and remembered that you used to do something similar on this blog :).

6. Alina January 16, 2014 at 13:39 #

IMO, Zoe wore it better.

7. Anne Gallagher January 16, 2014 at 14:50 #

I think she looks wonderful, but I agree that the modern feel of the dress requires a minimalist approach and so yes, the extra jewelry must go. I also think the black shoes as worn on the runway might have worked better.

8. kane January 17, 2014 at 09:10 #

I’ll go with the model. While I prefer Zoe’s styling to Ni’s, both felt the need to add all these fussy little accessories, necklace, bracelets etc, which I don’t like with the dress at all. One statement necklace and you’re done.