Who Wore Tom Ford Better…Jourdan Dunn or Hayden Panettiere?

Who Wore Tom Ford Better Jourdan Dunn or Hayden Panettiere

Back in November Jourdan Dunn attended the Harper’s Bazaar Women of the Year Awards wearing a Tom Ford black-and-white panel halter gown with a side slit, which she styled with a black Stark clutch and white sandals.

On the red carpet at the Golden Globes on Sunday, Hayden Panettiere shared with Ryan Seacrest that she has been asking Tom Ford to loan her a dress for quite some time. I wonder if she knew she was being given a re-run.

Hayden’s styling was completely different. She opted for an ivory clutch and black pumps, adding a Jennifer Meyer diamond-encrusted flower brooch to the neckline.

Jourdan’s styling is much preferred. Hayden’s is a bit all over the place, starting with those heavy pumps.

Credit: Getty

Reese Witherspoon's Tabitha Simmons 'Alexa' Flats

Reese Witherspoon’s Tabitha Simmons ‘Alexa’ Flats

Anna Kendrick In Reem Acra - 2014 UNICEF Ball

Anna Kendrick In Reem Acra – 2014 UNICEF Ball

20 Responses to Who Wore Tom Ford Better…Jourdan Dunn or Hayden Panettiere?

1. Nicole January 15, 2014 at 09:16 #

Maybe if she actually had let someone lend her a dress instead of buying it of the rack she would have been more succesful. This is such a dated look that is badly styled

2. vanditapai January 15, 2014 at 09:20 #

Tom Ford didnt dress her for the golden globes…. tom’s policy has always been dressin only 1 celebrity for major event. Hayden got her dress 4m a retail outlet….

3. alice January 15, 2014 at 09:20 #

Jourdan Dunn hands down. Beautiful dress but it doesn’t work on Hayden. Maybe it’s the awful hair that distracts from the dress.

4. Winnie January 15, 2014 at 09:42 #

When I first saw Hayden, I hated the dress. Her styling just makes her look older than she is. Whereas, Jordan keeps it fresh without the overload of accessories, and actually managed to change my opinion. Personally, I think buying retail is a little desperate.

• liz January 15, 2014 at 14:25 #

buying retail is desperate but borrowing all your clothes when you’re a millionaire is ok? give me a break.

• towanda January 15, 2014 at 16:36 #

i agree with liz. she wanted wear a tom ford dress and bought it. i think it’s humility. i prefer buying a dress which i love, than wearing a enforced terrible dress…
        however i don’t like this dress and she style badly.

• sara January 15, 2014 at 18:38 #

I completely agree… Hayden commented how much she loved and respected Tom and really felt sexy and comfortable in this dress. I would rather pay for a dress that I feel sexy in and honestly, not look that BAD in than be forced to wear an awful creation that doesn’t suit me and have my demeanor match my discomfort (i.e. JLaw) Kudos to Hayden for stepping out of the box- I think had she skipped the earrings in favor of studs and swapped the pumps for sandals this would have been a great look on her.

• sara January 15, 2014 at 18:42 #

Also, I don’t feel its desperate at all- shows she truly appreciates a designer and won’t settle to wear what she can get for free… Settling for whatever you can get your hands on regardless of how you look/feel in it when you have means- THAT sounds desperate to me. Tom thought she looked great, which is why he sent her roses and a note saying so the next day.

• liz January 15, 2014 at 20:42 #

Exactly! very well said, Sara!

what’s pathetic is the hate and derision she’s received for having the GALL to actually pay for her own clothes!

It’s hilarious!

maybe we should ALL borrow our designer goods so as not to come off as desperate? i’m sure the designers would REALLY appreciate that!

• gabis January 17, 2014 at 14:28 #

I agree. There’s nothing desperate about buying a dress that you want and can afford. If her tacky styling had not cheapened the look maybe no one would’ve brought to attention the fact that she bought the dress herself.
                Also, I’m sorry, although it was a nice gesture from Tom Ford to send her the flowers and card on the hand I thought that not sending a handwriting card or at least a typed but signed one was very insensitive from him. My opinion.

• amy January 15, 2014 at 23:15 #

I think that’s cute. instead of waiting for the dress to fall in her hands she went out and bought it herself. the best thing is when most actresses will be returning their borrowed stuff she gets to keep her dress and show it years later. It was also a good move, Tom Ford heard her story and sent her flowers with a card thanking her. I guess the next time she wants to borrow stuff,she’s probably get a great dress.

5. Charlotte January 15, 2014 at 09:49 #

The dress looks dated and cheap.
    Hayden’s look is the worst, with the brooch and the hair ! So Jourdan wins by default.

6. Shiny January 15, 2014 at 10:03 #

I’m going yo go with Jourdan – simply bc classic ornate jewelry should never be worn with Tom Ford. On Hayden the brooch is totally off kilter with the minimalist vibe of the dress and hair.

7. Serenity January 15, 2014 at 10:12 #

I actually feel bad for Hayden. I don’t thinnk Tom Ford would have let this happen, it’s definitely her own mess.

8. Yeliz January 15, 2014 at 10:16 #

Jourdan.

9. Coco's Tea Party January 15, 2014 at 10:17 #

Someone needs to give Hayden my number. I just want to help her! She could look SO SO hot but it always goes wrong.

10. liz January 15, 2014 at 14:24 #

neither. this dress looks so basic and cheap. nobody could rescue this mess.

11. Peony January 16, 2014 at 04:20 #

On Jourdan, this is minimalist chic. On Hayden, it looks like a badly-dated 90s prom-slash-clubbing outfit.

• gabis January 17, 2014 at 14:11 #

Totally agree. She bought the dress she wanted but unfortunately wasn’t able to style it properly.

12. Tess January 16, 2014 at 11:44 #

It’s hard to compete with a supermodel unfortunately, Hayden.