15.01.14

Fashion Critics’ 2014 Golden Globe Awards Roundup

Globes BD1

Globes BD2Globes BD3Globes BD 4Globes BD55

Credit: Getty & NBC

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2014 Critics' Choice Movie Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2014 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards?

50 Responses to Fashion Critics’ 2014 Golden Globe Awards Roundup

1. Rafael January 15, 2014 at 22:10 #

For me, Best Male was Matthew McCounagey. He was different from the others. Loved him

• Alex January 16, 2014 at 08:37 #

Can’t agree more.

2. sherry parker January 15, 2014 at 22:20 #

Kerry Washington was outstanding in maternity…the real winner

3. Lina January 15, 2014 at 22:25 #

I always love these kind of posts you make! They are so funny. :)

4. Susan N. January 15, 2014 at 22:25 #

I think “The Destiny’s Child ‘No No No & No’ Award” just might be the best award you’ve ever given out.

Thank you again for all of your coverage!

• Catherine Kallon January 16, 2014 at 10:14 #

my pleasure.. :)

And thanks for the compliment

• Sa'a January 16, 2014 at 18:17 #

No,no,no!I can’t stop laughing.

• Jess2 January 16, 2014 at 11:15 #

Best.Award.Ever!!!

5. Rouel January 15, 2014 at 22:28 #

Exactly what i was thinking about Amy Adams. This version needs to be on BDOTW.

6. Prudence January 15, 2014 at 22:33 #

Disagree with the Amy Adams part, her dress was a mess to start with the cape would have helped but not made it into a showstopper. And Matthew with his green tuxedo is best male. kate is not deserving of any ” best ” award she wears the same dress in different variation all the friggin time.

• koma January 16, 2014 at 00:45 #

agree witth evereything you said!

7. Nat39 January 15, 2014 at 22:36 #

Lupita was the star of the event, hands down. Chris is dashing in his impeccably tailored suit, timeless perfection.
    Amy’s look is so much stronger with the cape. W/o it, the look was a bit too basic/overly simple with that very plain halter top. Also wish she had worn the cape on the red carpet, it would’ve been a winning statement.

8. Carrie January 15, 2014 at 22:39 #

Perfectly summarized, FC! :)

9. Alex January 15, 2014 at 22:45 #

I still say Cate was best dressed. Lupita looked amazing but it was too reminiscent of Gwyneth’s Tom Ford Oscars look.

• MissCru January 15, 2014 at 22:58 #

+10000000000000000000000

• dee January 16, 2014 at 13:25 #

I also co-sign. I didn’t think her gown was that amazing. Cate was best dressed to me as well.

10. Serenity January 15, 2014 at 22:45 #

I agree completely with these awards. Matthew McCounaghey was also my best dressed male, as the others said, but Chris Pine was a close second, followed by Jared Leto.

I’m glad you acknowledged BOTH Lupita annd Cate, as they were my two favorites, and I’ve had a hard time deciding which one tops the other, especially since they are so different. But, your categories sum it up perfectly! Never thought of it in those tterms.

I’m just so pleased with the event as a whole-fashion-wise. I thought there were a lot of great moments, and only a few cringe-worthy ones. And you definitely called those out correctly!

11. Carolina January 15, 2014 at 22:52 #

I think best couple optiones could’ been Matthew McCounaghey and Camila Alves or Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts…But that people for best couple? My lord….

With everyone else i feel right :D

12. EmmaWoodhouse January 15, 2014 at 23:03 #

Overjoyed to see Lupita and Cate topping your list, FC! Bet you’re thrilled that your two awards-season-ones-to-watch are doing you proud :D
    Fun round up as always and the Destiny’s Child No, No, No, and No award made me laugh :D

13. Katey January 15, 2014 at 23:03 #

Do you really think Lupita was the best dressed at this event?? I’m shocked.

and I disagree. I don’t like this red colour with her skin tone. and I don’t like the sleeves at all. The only thing that I love in her look is her hair.

Sandra Bullock and Julianna Margulies were the best dressed for me. and I was Surprised Sandra even did not appear in the best dressed poll.

• Serenity January 16, 2014 at 00:35 #

Sandra was panned pretty harshly if you read the comments. But Julianna did look beautiful.

• Katey January 16, 2014 at 10:00 #

Yes. I read but I don’t understand why. :) because for me Her look was perfection :)

• SilentVisitor January 16, 2014 at 01:58 #

Just as Sandra and Julianna were your best dressed, Lupita was probably FC’s best dressed. Why is it so hard to understand? That’s HER opinion just like you have yours. You do not have to agree!!!

14. Yeliz January 15, 2014 at 23:08 #

Totally agree with all these awards, but the most with Amy. Her look without the cape didn’t even made it to my personal Top 5. I really really wished she had worn the cape on the red carpet, because she would’ve been my best dressed too.
    Don’t know which look I’ve disliked more in the last row. I guess Gwyneth.

15. Valissa January 15, 2014 at 23:28 #

IMO Cate was by far the best dressed. That dress is stunning and not easy to pull off, but she did and she looked divine from head to toe! It’s one of my favourite red carpet looks in a very long time!!
    Lupita was beautiful and I loved the dress on her but her style is slowly becoming overrated. As nice as it is, it’s not BD worthy IMO.
    I agree with everything else.

16. callmesimon January 15, 2014 at 23:29 #

FC: you managed to find a way to recognise my top 3 who I couldn’t split – Lupita, Cate and Adele. I had to vote three times in the poll just to share my love around. I was disappointed not to see Adele’s dress in any TV coverage as I would’ve like to see how it moved and see it from the back. ss

• Catherine Kallon January 16, 2014 at 10:06 #

I was disappointed to with regard to Adele, I guess it is because she isn’t so well known, so no one picked up on her.

17. mm January 16, 2014 at 00:16 #

I agree with you picks. Love the No No No award. LMAO

18. lee January 16, 2014 at 01:03 #

FC, I always look forward to the unique awards you come up with.

Love,
    a long time reader :)

19. CreoleLady January 16, 2014 at 01:15 #

Just wanted to thank FC and the RCFA team for the fantastic GG coverage. What an interesting parade of looks — a little glamour, a lot of fun and some surprises. Great start to the awards season. No no no no award, rotfl.

20. SilentVisitor January 16, 2014 at 02:01 #

Lupita was my best dressed followed by Cate. I would probably also add Sofia Vergara to the No No awards

21. Catherine January 16, 2014 at 03:07 #

Definitely agree with your choices, Lupita and Cate were so breathtaking.
    FC-Thank you for your excellent coverage, I always love reading your website!

22. Fiona - Perth January 16, 2014 at 04:01 #

My favourite was probably Cate but would also give mention to Julianna Marguiles. It is possible that Amy Adams saw Lupita’s dress and whipped off her cape, but it was not going to be practical to wear through dinner and was purely a statement piece for the red carpet. Without the cape though the dress was very skimpy and she looked a little bare. Great work FC, I have loved all your coverage, thank you.

23. Prian January 16, 2014 at 04:33 #

Great coverage FC !
    For me, “best from the back” would be Cate Blanchett, it was elegant and sophisticated from the front, and when she turned *BAM* Party from the back

24. Lashae January 16, 2014 at 04:41 #

I think you could have added Jennifer Lawrence dress for the ‘no,no,no’ award.

• kevinappears January 16, 2014 at 08:12 #

Her dress is beyond “no”, maybe we’ll see it in WDOTY later.

25. kevinappears January 16, 2014 at 08:10 #

Why is cape a must??!! You guys chose Lupita for her cape feel dress instead of Amy Adams for missing the cape. The cape thing is what Gwyneth Paltrow already did early last year!! This is just an effortless repetition in my eyes.

• Lashae January 16, 2014 at 10:37 #

G. Paltrow wore her dress in early 2012 for the Oscars.

26. bijuk January 16, 2014 at 08:27 #

My best dress is Cate followed by Julianna . Lupita is alright but not in mind-blowing way IMHO

• Markness January 16, 2014 at 09:00 #

Agree. It was a moment for her but not a fashion moment. Gwyneth already shut it down. Too bad she looks frumpy at this night. Amy Adams clearly is my best dressed as well as Emma Watson!!!!!

• dee January 16, 2014 at 13:26 #

I agree. Don’t get all the love for that look.

• Zee January 17, 2014 at 13:38 #

Cant agree more. Gywneth in tom ford was great, and the winning look has been much copied since then. Cate looks fabulous. Lupita looks great for a newcomer though.

27. Dhppy January 16, 2014 at 08:32 #

None of the photos of Lupita do justice to how amazing she looked in motion on that carpet. She was electrifying. She shut it down!

• Lashae January 16, 2014 at 10:38 #

ia. I saw pictures of her after the GG and she looked spectacular. So much better than on the red carpet.

28. Jess2 January 16, 2014 at 11:28 #

100% spot on as always :D
    I especially love how you got Luipta and Cate in as best dressed awards. It was extremely difficult to pick one over the other.
    These two lovely ladies and Jenna have made it onto my BDOTY Contenders list.

29. Alina January 16, 2014 at 13:46 #

The last award is hilarious! :))

30. Manuel January 18, 2014 at 14:59 #

My Queen Cate is looking as regal as ever!

Im surprised that Matthew McConaughey i snot your best dressed male and also Camila and Matthew is the best dressed couple. They looked smashing!

Im digging the No, No, No award lol