Louise Roe In Monique Lhuillier – 2014 Golden Globe Awards

Louise Roe In Monique Lhuillier - 2014 Golden Globe Awards

Louise Roe gave use a double dose of Monique Lhuillier Spring gowns for the 2014 Golden Globe Awards, which took place on Sunday (January 12) at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in California.

Golden Globe Awards: For the main event the TV presenter wore a pretty coral-hued long-sleeved crepe-and-Chantilly-lace Spring 2014 gown styled with side-swept wavy tresses and bedazzling accessories, including a Marchesa clutch, Chopard jewels and Jimmy Choo sandals.

Golden Globe After-Parties: Later that same evening Louise swapped one stunning Monique Lhuillier look for another, this time selecting a striking multi-coloured strapless Spring 2013 gown, keeping the same hairstyle but changing her diamond jewels for gold.

Of the two, the after-party gown is the grandstand gown and would’ve worked better for me for the main event. Do you agree?

Monique Lhuillier

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sandra Bullock & Cate Blanchett’s Prabal Gurung Red Carpet Gowns

Sandra Bullock & Cate Blanchett’s Prabal Gurung Red Carpet Gowns

Angela Bassett In Ines Di Santo - HBO's Golden Globe Awards Party

Angela Bassett In Ines Di Santo – HBO’s Golden Globe Awards Party

13 Responses to Louise Roe In Monique Lhuillier – 2014 Golden Globe Awards

1. Yeliz January 14, 2014 at 11:22 #

I kinda like the first look more.

2. Alina January 14, 2014 at 11:24 #

Yes, I agree, but both looks are beautiful.

P.S.: After seeing that practically EVERYONE in Hollywood attended the Globes, I’m really sad that Naomie Harris didn’t make an appearance. :(

3. june January 14, 2014 at 11:34 #

she’s a tv presenter and not an actor or director or involved in making movies or tv series (also i doubt most americans know her?), so this awards show isn’t really about her, so to speak, so maybe she went for the orange gown because it was more low key? i like both, though the after party one is really amazing.

4. Christine January 14, 2014 at 11:34 #

I like the second look for the main event as well.

5. Rebecca Z January 14, 2014 at 11:35 #

While I agree that the second gown is more interesting and exciting, I also think it is more casual. I can see why she decided to wear the lace one to the Globes and the print to the after parties. Both look great on her.

• Serenity January 15, 2014 at 01:07 #

I agree. And though I love both dresses, (the second being my favorite), I actually think the first one suits her best.

6. Jones19 January 14, 2014 at 12:13 #

The second look is stunning! I wish she would have worn it on the RC since prints are so rare when it comes to awards season.

7. AG January 14, 2014 at 12:54 #

Both are good looks but I’m in love with the second one! That colours in that print are beautiful.

8. AG January 14, 2014 at 12:54 #

9. kane January 14, 2014 at 13:24 #

I adore the first gown. The second one’s fine too, but with her awkward pose she’s not selling this one to me.

10. Carrie January 14, 2014 at 15:16 #

I actually have the ML gown on the right, and I have to say that it is even more stunning in person. The vibrant jewel tones are lovely. I totally agree that it should have been the gown for the main event!