Gwyneth Paltrow In Valentino – 2014 Golden Globe Awards

Gwyneth Paltrow In Valentino - 2014 Golden Globe Awards

Gwyneth Paltrow didn’t take to the red carpet at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards, held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California on Sunday (January 12), but she was spotted inside enjoying the show alongside hubby Chris Martin.

The actress, who had attended Diane von Furstenberg’s Journey of a Dress Exhibition the day before, wore a Valentino Pre-Fall 2014 mini dress for the occasion.

Her look, featuring a shapeless aqua-and-gold brocade dress, limp hair and Valentino suede platform ankle-strap pumps, isn’t as glamorous as I wish it had been.

It all screams ‘I just couldn’t be bothered’ and makes her look rather frumpy.

Credit: Style.com & NBC

Get The Look: Kate Beckinsale's 2014 Golden Globes Punk-Inspired Hair Do

Get The Look: Kate Beckinsale’s 2014 Golden Globes Punk-Inspired Hair Do

Jennifer Lopez In Ermanno Scervino - FOX All-Star 2014 Winter TCA Party

Jennifer Lopez In Ermanno Scervino – FOX All-Star 2014 Winter TCA Party

29 Responses to Gwyneth Paltrow In Valentino – 2014 Golden Globe Awards

1. Yeliz January 14, 2014 at 12:06 #

This is an awful look from H2T.

2. Christine January 14, 2014 at 12:07 #

I agree this is frumpy and not a good look

3. Alina January 14, 2014 at 12:07 #

She just took away from Emma Stone the award for ‘Most out of place’.

4. Charlotte January 14, 2014 at 12:08 #

The dress is not good and the shoes are awful ! The bag, the hair and the make up are a fail too.

5. Anne January 14, 2014 at 12:31 #

When I watched her sitting in the audience, I was dying to see the full dress she was wearing. Now, sadly, I wish she’d just stayed sitting. Frumpy is right! :(

• Christine January 15, 2014 at 01:29 #

6. AG January 14, 2014 at 12:51 #

This is really bad! On what planet do those shoes match that (super frumpy) dress??

7. Rebecca Z January 14, 2014 at 13:43 #

ITA–clearly not interested in attracting any attention.

• gabis January 14, 2014 at 19:39 #

Yeah but the problem is that she’s Gwyneth Paltrow and she will attract attention whether she looks frumpy or not.

8. Arina January 14, 2014 at 14:07 #

Not the best shape of dress indeed. However, her posture in this pic isn’t exactly fortunate either. She looked gorgeous at the table during the broadcast.

9. dee January 14, 2014 at 14:36 #

Of all the things to pick for an after party, she chooses this? This is ugly and unflattering.

10. m January 14, 2014 at 15:20 #

looking at her on screen, she actually looked good… i guess its one of those looks that does not photograph well..

• anonymous as always January 15, 2014 at 21:36 #

Yeah that is what I thought too. I mean I like it on the lookbook and I like her styling too, but in I can’t love it. Maybe the colour washes her out…??? Don’t know…

11. Rouel January 14, 2014 at 15:44 #

I loved it in the lookbook but it’s a no here (these shoes):( .

12. Camille January 14, 2014 at 16:31 #

The fabric is gorgeous and it flattered her coloring in the headshots of her during the awards show. The dress itself is a shapeless sack and the shoes are fugly in the extreme! If this had been a sleek, chic sheath dress out of the same fabric and paired with some gorgeous gold strappy shoes and accessories this would have been lovely. As it is, I’m surprised her husband didn’t speak up and say “Really, is that what you’re wearing?”

• Rebecca Z January 14, 2014 at 17:35 #

Too funny–she looks a lot better when she goes out alone. But he wasn’t exactly dressed up either.

13. Laura January 14, 2014 at 17:17 #

The dress isn’t that bad it’s her posture thats making it look awful.

14. Joy January 14, 2014 at 18:25 #

What a bizarre choice? Kinda disrespectful towards all the people who took the effort to give a s@#t. I saw her during the ceremony, on TV and thought she looked pretty but couldn’t see more than the shoulders up. This is far from acceptable unless it was for the after party.

• Catherine January 14, 2014 at 23:16 #

Completely agree, disrespectful and inappropriate for the occasion.
      This dress is so frumpy and shapeless, the hair is awful, and the shoes are horrible too. This is honestly rude.

15. Anne Gallagher January 14, 2014 at 19:49 #

It also isn’t that flattering for her slender figure. I never thought it would be possible to make Gwyneth Paltrow look chunky, but she looks so in this dress. Perhaps it is just her clumsy posture in this picture.

16. gabis January 14, 2014 at 20:15 #

I also liked when I saw on TV but then I searched and felt underwhelmed. The dress itself is acceptable for someone who wanted to keep low-key but not quite like this. She should’ve at least adjusted it for her size. The shoes are terrible even on the look book.
    I think she could’ve worked on her looks a bit more given her husband was a nominee.

17. Serenity January 14, 2014 at 23:05 #

When she wants to, she can look realllllly unfortunate. The tragedy is that the dress is actually really beautiful in the lookbook, but she ruined it.

18. Cass January 15, 2014 at 00:02 #

I like the look but would have preferred gold sandals to the brown heels.

19. Christine January 15, 2014 at 01:30 #

20. Billy January 15, 2014 at 04:53 #

I like the color on her and the fabric is obviously amazing, but the shape is a bit underwhelming. But she was not there to present, just to support, so I guess her choice to be low key was appropriate.

Love her hairdo!

21. cherrysoftness January 15, 2014 at 06:53 #

The shoes are the main offender for me, they are irredeemably ugly. If RCFA had a worst shoe category my vote would go to these sad, sad shoes. The color and texture look like they’ve been through a storm and stayed damp for two days – they have a threadbare, faded quality.

22. Jess2 January 15, 2014 at 15:06 #

I was a little taken aback by how terrible this look was. Quite disrespectful.

23. Dhppy January 16, 2014 at 08:41 #

Those shoes are nail in the coffin. I remember seeing her from the waist up at her table, being intrigued and wishing I could get the whole head to toe shot. If she had gone with a spectacular shoe, this ensemble could have been acceptable. What was she thinking?

24. Paccana.com January 17, 2014 at 22:06 #

Paltrow looks beyond gorgeous there.