Amy Adams’ Valentino Couture Shanghai Look From The Golden Globe Awards

Amy Adams' Valentino Couture Shanghai Look From The Golden Globe Awards

During the 2014 Golden Globe Awards on Sunday (January 12) some of you spotted Amy Adams wearing a cape with her Valentino Couture gown from the Shanghai collection, while others like myself missed it.

After a sweep of the pictures agencies I found this picture, and I think the gown is even more beautiful with the cape.

Perhaps her team had spotted Lupita’s gown and felt two red capes on the red carpet was too much, or perhaps the star simply intended the cape only for carriage, but for me the look is on another level of brilliance with the cape.

Do you agree?

Valentino

Credit: Harper’s Bazaar & PacificCoastNews

Ellen Page In Saint Laurent - Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Ellen Page In Saint Laurent – Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Nail Trend Spotting: 2014 Golden Globes Moody Darks

Nail Trend Spotting: 2014 Golden Globes Moody Darks

19 Responses to Amy Adams’ Valentino Couture Shanghai Look From The Golden Globe Awards

1. Charlotte January 14, 2014 at 14:15 #

I like the look with and without the cape. I think just the dress on the red carpet was enough.

• Christine January 14, 2014 at 19:50 #

Agreed. I prefer without. The dress is gorgeous enough. Some looks look even better with capes but this was fine on its own.

2. kane January 14, 2014 at 14:22 #

Agree absolutely–great gown to begin with, but brought to a whole new level with the cape.

• Alina January 14, 2014 at 14:37 #

• Cass January 14, 2014 at 23:58 #

3. Rebecca Z January 14, 2014 at 14:29 #

I am not a huge fan of the cape–maybe if it were longer. I LOVE Amy, but this was not among my favorite dresses she has worn.

4. Anne January 14, 2014 at 14:35 #

I liked her dress to begin with, but ADORE this with the cape! While I thought Lupita was stunning, her look instantly made me think of Gwyneth Paltrow’s Tom Ford caped look, so that kept me from considering it as my best dressed.
    The addition of the cape for Amy does indeed elevate the look into my BDOTNight with Cate.

5. dee January 14, 2014 at 14:44 #

I like this better without the cape. I thought she looked beautiful at the Globes. She was one of my best dressed.

• Anj January 14, 2014 at 18:35 #

Agree. I think it’s more dramatic when you can see the open back of her dress. The length of the cape is off.

6. Maria S. January 14, 2014 at 15:06 #

This look is far better with the cape, true that. However, since the cape is way shorter than her gown, I am not really sure how well it would have worked on the red carpet, especially compared to Lupita’s look.

P.S. She actually wore the cape for some of her interviews but at some point she decided to take it off.

7. CreoleLady January 14, 2014 at 15:32 #

I prefer the cape with the day dress as shown on the runway. In fact, I hope someone wears that day ensemble, I love it.

Wish I didn’t know that Adams wore hooves beneath the dress. Probably the only way to make her tall enough since tailoring isn’t apparently an option. Still, wish I hadn’t seen them.

8. Nat39 January 14, 2014 at 15:40 #

Beautiful, an entirely different, stronger impact. Without the cape, the look felt more ordinary/oversimplified. Now seeing it with the cape, it’s a top 3 for me. Wish she had worn it, J’adore.

9. Yeliz January 14, 2014 at 17:11 #

Like I’ve said before, I loved this look more with the cape. She looked so stunning, I’m sad she didn’t wore it on the red carpet.

10. Joy January 14, 2014 at 18:21 #

I noticed her wearing the cape while sitting during the award show. I wondered when I saw it, why she didn’t wear it on the Red Carpet, but I thought maybe it was more comfortable to have while sitting? I totally agree, the cape makes this already outstanding look perfection. Seriously, I’ve said this before Amy is SOOOO under appreciated. I love the red with the deeper red combination. She was my first fav of the night and then I got a little uncertain but this puts her in the definite category for BDOTNight.

11. Serenity January 14, 2014 at 19:16 #

I love the cape, and I do think it really elevates the overall look. Which is saying something, because even without it, it’s an extraordinary look!

12. Markness January 15, 2014 at 02:03 #

I wish she wore the cape to the red carpet. This would’ve eaten Lupita’s look! Major by Amy Adams! I am reserving this on my BDOTY already! :D

13. anonymous as always January 15, 2014 at 21:32 #

This is magical!!!

14. Aline January 16, 2014 at 07:17 #

Thank you SO much for finding pictures of Amy wearing the cape, FC! I was dying to see it.

I already loved her look without the cape, but now I’m absolutely in love with it. She just looks so regal. Princess Gisele gone queen.

But, anyway, when she ditched the cape I thought the same thing, that her team must’ve felt like it would be better to avoid instant comparisons.