Stana Katic In Naeem Khan – 2014 People’s Choice Awards

Stana Katic In Naeem Khan - 2014 People’s Choice Awards

Stana Katic attended the 40th annual People’s Choice Awards held at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on Wednesday.

The ‘Castle’ star wore a dramatic long-sleeved Naeem Khan gown from the Spring 2014 collection.

Between the velvet accenting and the long-sleeves, Stana certainly stood out from the crowd, and I love that she went in such a different direction from pretty much everyone else on the night’s carpet with this dramatic number.

A center-parted low chignon, brown-smokey eyes and glossy nude lips were the perfect accent to the gown, as they kept things romantic yet simple and really let the dress make its mark.

Despite my total love for this look, I suspect there may be some naysayers, because it is just so different. So tell me–are you a love it or a leave it?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jennifer Hudson In Kaufmanfranco - 2014 People's Choice Awards

Jennifer Hudson In Kaufmanfranco – 2014 People’s Choice Awards

Malin Akerman In Cushnie Et Ochs - 2014 People's Choice Awards

Malin Akerman In Cushnie Et Ochs – 2014 People’s Choice Awards

30 Responses to Stana Katic In Naeem Khan – 2014 People’s Choice Awards

1. Christine January 9, 2014 at 03:38 #

She is not selling this look. I like it better on the runway.

2. Nat39 January 9, 2014 at 03:45 #

I love it – a beautiful unexpected dramatic look, her simple styling is on point and she carries it very well.

• gabis January 9, 2014 at 13:05 #

3. Lynn Leonard January 9, 2014 at 04:03 #

She looked like Freda Kahlo minus the uni brow! It is worse than Scarlett Ohara’s drapery dress re done by Carol Burnett! Bad bad horrible choice. The designer should never ever make another dress. Even as pretty as Stana is even she could not save this wreck!

4. Marina January 9, 2014 at 04:24 #

Beautiful but agree on not really selling it to me.

• Alina January 9, 2014 at 06:19 #

• Elle January 10, 2014 at 05:40 #

+1.Totally agree

5. Anj January 9, 2014 at 04:28 #

I think the dress is beautiful but maybe on someone else like Eva Green.

6. Beth Rodrigues January 9, 2014 at 04:29 #

love it, love it, love it!!!!!!

7. RPA January 9, 2014 at 04:40 #

I love that look, believe me when I say that the picture above isn’t doing her any justice, she looked stunning

8. Lauren January 9, 2014 at 04:44 #

Looking through other pictures of Stana in the dress I definitely say she pulled it off! Other notes on her look, her makeup was flawless and she wore an ear jacket, which is a trend that should absolutely start to take off!

9. LeighLee January 9, 2014 at 04:47 #

Love the woman, leave the dress.

10. Nuraikhan January 9, 2014 at 04:59 #

Love it! <3

11. Congratulations Stana On Your PCA January 9, 2014 at 05:59 #

Love it, love it, love it!
    Stana is breathtakingly stunning!

12. Malinda Jane January 9, 2014 at 06:36 #

This is from the same collection as one that Kat Dennings wore to one of the Thor premieres and I liked hers much better, I think all the pattern worked better on a short dress.
    I’m guessing Stana’s gown is lined, but something about it feels a lot heavier than on the runway, especially down the sides. It’s just not translating for me.

• Serenity January 9, 2014 at 23:58 #

I liked it on the shorter version which Kat wore also.

13. Gaby January 9, 2014 at 07:17 #

She looks GORGEOUS. Stana’s always breathtaking, but she looked amazing in this dress. Love it, love it, love it!

14. kane January 9, 2014 at 08:04 #

I agree with the not selling it to me. I feel like we have seen sooo many dresses of this kind already and it’s not outstanding enough to leave a mark.

15. Anna January 9, 2014 at 08:10 #

Love it!

16. june January 9, 2014 at 08:15 #

i really love this dress, but i’m not sure stana is selling it to me. also, in a sea of semi-casual/relaxed cocktail dresses it looks way too ott and not event appropriate.

17. Yeliz January 9, 2014 at 08:17 #

I love this, but I don’t think that it is event appropriate.

• dee January 9, 2014 at 16:48 #

Agreed.

18. Joy January 9, 2014 at 11:22 #

I love the intricate detail of the red lace. It really attracts my eye in a great way, but I really don’t like the lining. It attracts my eye in a not so good way. For me it’s good, but could have been great if the lining was different. Like, I completely love it on the model. It does seem a little OTT for the event compared to every other dress.

19. MissBehave January 9, 2014 at 15:48 #

Love Stana and the dress was exquisite on her! She totally deserved more airtime (not just for the dress) than some of the ridiculous jokes heard on primetime TV last night for the PCA.

20. Grey January 9, 2014 at 16:48 #

Imo it’s hard for her to look bad in anything (she’s so long and lean) but I don’t think this was her best look. Her hair looked great from the side but the style doesn’t flatter the shape of her head straight on (maybe if she’d worn some strong earrings to balance things out?). Also, I think this is one of those gowns that’s probably stunning in person with all the intricate appliqué work, etc. but does not photograph well. Under the broadcast lights it did not look that great (at least on my TV) but in some of the pics I’ve seen this morning it looks a lot better. I also wonder what this dress would look like if it were black and white or a dark indigo or forest green & white.

21. nikky January 9, 2014 at 16:56 #

I love the dress on her she looks prety

22. Frank By Nature January 9, 2014 at 19:17 #

Sure, this dress might have looked better on the runway but, then again, during fashion week it was worn by some poor, half-starved professional rag doll under flattering light whereas Ms. Katic was presenting front and centre beneath blown out TV lighting after a long day at work. And, considering that this was the first big individual award of her career, I think she wanted to make sure that wore a classy ensemble in order to mark the occasion. Did everyone note her shoes and accessories? Pitch perfect. Over the top for the PCAs? Hardly. As stated before… first big win. Well played, Stana, well played.

23. Serenity January 10, 2014 at 00:03 #

What did she win for? I mean, Castle, obviously, but what was the category?

24. shirley January 11, 2014 at 20:11 #

Stana looked great. I am a fan. She can wear anything.
    Should get more attentention than she does.

For those who did not know the catagory-fav dramatic actress from Castle.

25. rakrti January 14, 2014 at 15:59 #

Stana outclassed everyone at the awards show in this stunning gown! Unlike the other “cookie cutter, let’s see how much skin we can flash and leave nothing to the imagination” designs, Stana’s gown one showed off her gorgeous, willowy figure to a tee without being over the top costumey
    !