Margot Robbie In Oscar de la Renta – ‘The Wolf Of Wall Street’ London Premiere

Margot Robbie In Oscar de la Renta - 'The Wolf Of Wall Street' London Premiere

Margot Robbie attended the UK premiere of ‘The Wolf Of Wall Street’ held at the Odeon Leicester Square on Thursday (January 9) in London.

My first reaction to this was, “oh dear”.

While I applaud the newcomers fearless approached when it comes to her carpet choices, I don’t believe – by any stretch of the imagination – that she manages to pull of this Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2014 gown with a tulip shaped skirt.

In fact I’m struggling to picture who could, as I don’t find the silhouette to be particularly flattering; the material is so heavy that it’s stretching at the seams, and for someone as hot as Margot she comes off quite boxy here.

A side pose and a seamless bra could have saved this look.

The only thing I like here are her metallic bronze Christian Louboutin ‘So Kate’ pumps plus her hair and makeup.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Scarlett Johansson In Max Mara & Michael Kors - Late Show With David Letterman

Scarlett Johansson In Max Mara & Michael Kors – Late Show With David Letterman

Hair Trend Spotting: People’s Choice Awards Relaxed Waves

Hair Trend Spotting: People’s Choice Awards Relaxed Waves

25 Responses to Margot Robbie In Oscar de la Renta – ‘The Wolf Of Wall Street’ London Premiere

1. amy January 9, 2014 at 18:48 #

I don’t get it. After the apron dress, this! and to say she started off so well with the white Armani. Is her stylist trying to sabotage her or what?

• Christine January 9, 2014 at 19:15 #

Agreed. That one look was amazing and it’s been downhill ever since lol.

2. Nat39 January 9, 2014 at 18:49 #

Ouch, this is bad. Bulky, widening, overwhelming. Not sure if anything could save this. Major fail.

• Nat39 January 9, 2014 at 20:09 #

It doesn’t matter how charmingly and confidently she is working it, she doesn’t make this awful gown look any better. The lighter strapless version on the model looks much more presentable.

3. Yeliz January 9, 2014 at 18:54 #

Unfortunately she really can’t pull this off. I also only like the shoes and her hair and makeup.

4. oksana January 9, 2014 at 19:00 #

it is a difficult dress very difficult to pull it off so i think highly of her i wish the dress was sleveless or strapless though. i applause her. i aggree on your points actually but i rather see this kind of styling and dresses over bland so safe ones. in the and this is just a dress right, why not be bold and have fun.

5. Christine January 9, 2014 at 19:10 #

This is no good at all. I prefer the look book version. I believe she is blowing her load way too soon

6. dee January 9, 2014 at 19:16 #

Lovely hair, makeup and shoes.

7. jen January 9, 2014 at 19:20 #

really? i think the dress is a mess, but to me it looks like she is actually able to save it & she carries it quite well. idk, that’s the vibe i get from this pic

• jen January 9, 2014 at 19:22 #

i looked at more pix, & yes, she is working it, posing so confident :). i think she did well :)))

• lucas January 9, 2014 at 19:38 #

me too. I love this.

• Koma January 9, 2014 at 19:55 #

+1!
        more photos I see more I like her in this dress. I think she’s pulling it of quite good actually!

8. Serenity January 9, 2014 at 19:42 #

She has yet to hit her fashion stride, but someone this poised and beautiful has lots of potential. Though this is clearly a miss, I have much faith in her for the future. Hey, they can’t all be Lupitas right outta the gate.

• Serenity January 9, 2014 at 19:47 #

I have to admit, after looking at the rest of the pics on getty, as jen mentioned above, she IS working this. In fact, it’s kind of amazing!

9. Beth Rodrigues January 9, 2014 at 20:44 #

Knee length, please!!!!!!

10. Dressaddict January 9, 2014 at 20:59 #

I actually like it a lot. It’s different and she makes it work.

11. Valissa January 9, 2014 at 21:01 #

I’m surprised about all the hate. It’s not amazing or anything but I don’t think it’s completely hopeless. The colour is beautiful and she wears it well. Also, I’m assuming it’s quite cold in London so at least it’s weather/season appropriate.
    She’s still on my “must watch” list of 2014…hopefully she can improve. She’s too beautiful and charming not to

12. britta January 9, 2014 at 21:14 #

wow. i actually thought it was gorgeous. best dress of the year so far.

13. kane January 9, 2014 at 22:56 #

I actually like the skirt. But it seems ill-balanaced by an overwhelming top half with the problems starting right at the belt. As Oksana suggested, a different top with way shorter sleeves or no sleeves at all might have helped. But maybe her torso is also just not long enough for this dress–for whatever reason, it works much better on the model. Too bad, I like the make up and hair, the ring and the shoes, and I would have liked to applaud her for taking the risk, but it didn’t quite pay off.

14. Markness January 10, 2014 at 00:21 #

I wish she had worn the runway version. The red one is growing on me but I feel it’s a dress for someone with more red carpet experience like Diane Kruger or Kerry Washington.

15. Cat January 10, 2014 at 00:55 #

The ultimate problem with this is….. She is working the dress because she can, BUT the styling and dress itself is so awful it doesn’t matter. I have yet to be wowed by her and don’t see the fuss. Pretty, yes. Talented, we shall see. Style/Fashion Maven, not yet. Maybe she just needs a stylist to make her look as good as she is pretty.

16. Teleholic January 10, 2014 at 02:10 #

The bra outline actually helps me picture this dress strapless as it should be, but with a sweetheart neckline. How stunning that would have been.

17. cherrysoftness January 10, 2014 at 02:28 #

I think the reason why this looks so poor is that, first, the top looks like an ill-fitting blouse with the way she’s posing. Along with the shiny material it looks a bit like an off-the-rack costume on her. And I don’t get the charming/poised comments… I checked the other images (I actually thought this dress was good, it could possibly look stunning on someone else) expecting her to look great but she kind of looks hilarious posing so smugly in her cheap looking outfit.

18. Alina January 10, 2014 at 06:15 #

I don’t think it’s THAT bad. With a different pose, it would’ve been much better.

19. d January 10, 2014 at 10:17 #

dont like it. well if it is black and white maybe it would help a bit