07.01.14

Melissa McCarthy In ASOS - Variety’s Creative Impact Awards And 10 Directors to Watch Brunch

Melissa McCarthy joined Marisa Tomei at Variety’s Creative Impact Awards and 10 Directors to Watch Brunch during the 25th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival held at Parker Palm Springs on Sunday (January 5) in Palm Springs, California.

The actress, who will be attending the People’s Choice Awards on Wednesday, wore an ASOS floral-print wrap dress with a tulip skirt styled with a colourful snakeskin clutch and Jimmy Choo ‘Hammer’ strappy sandals.

I love everything about the look, from the way the wrap dress gives her a flattering silhouette to the colours, but I don’t think the sandals are doing her any favours – stumpifying her legs.

Melissa McCarthy In ASOS Floral Wrap Dress & Jimmy Choo Hammer sandals

ASOS Floral Print Wrap DressASOS US, ASOS UK and ASOS International
Jimmy Choo ‘Hammer’ SandalsJimmy Choo US and Jimmy Choo UK

Credit: Getty

Jennifer Lopez In ASOS - 'American Idol' Season 13 - Top 9 To 8 Live Show

Jennifer Lopez In ASOS – ‘American Idol’ Season 13 – Top 9 To 8 Live Show

Little Mix On Good Morning America

Little Mix On Good Morning America

10 Responses to Melissa McCarthy In ASOS – Variety’s Creative Impact Awards And 10 Directors to Watch Brunch

1. Christine January 7, 2014 at 12:43 #

The clutch feels out of place but she looks nice.

• kane January 7, 2014 at 13:49 #

+1. Nice dress, but lose the clutch.

2. Alina January 7, 2014 at 14:46 #

I really like this from h2t – fun and flattering.

• Yeliz January 7, 2014 at 15:05 #

Me too.

3. Ericka January 7, 2014 at 15:56 #

I love this head to toe. The dress is super flattering and gorgeous print. Shoe add a nice edge. Fab hair.

4. Rebecca Z January 7, 2014 at 16:02 #

I don’t like the clutch or the shoes, but the dress looks good on her.

5. Nat39 January 7, 2014 at 17:26 #

While the dress does give her a shape, the busy floral print isn’t a good choice for her – it only widens her visually, and a leg-elongating shoe would’ve def. been preferred.

6. Serenity January 7, 2014 at 17:35 #

I am tickled pink about this look over here! I don’t know that I have ever seen her looking so fab! I adore everything about this well-coordinated and super-flattering ensemble. I am always rooting for her; she is so talented and attractive. It makes me very happy to see her fulfill her beauty and fashion potential. ….my one teeny tiny niggle is that pink lippie. I don’t really think it complements the dress. Red or a neutral would’ve made this an 11 out of 10.

7. Dhppy January 8, 2014 at 04:56 #

I really like this. I think the shoe choice is great, it’s the hem length that’s stumping the legs. If it went just a little higher, to the knee, it would look better.

8. Cass Parsnip January 8, 2014 at 09:45 #

She looks much better in this dress than I did! I notice that you have the short / small version from the regular asos collection, but obviously she is wearing the Curve version available here http://www.asos.com/ASOS-Curve/ASOS-CURVE-Wrap-Dress-In-Floral-Print/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3133934&SearchQuery=curve%20floral&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Multi