Sandra Bullock In Alex Perry - 2014 Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala

Sandra Bullock attended the 25th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala held at the Palm Springs Convention Center on Sunday (January 4) in Palm Springs, California.

The actress continued to embrace colour wearing an Alex Perry pink front, orange back, sleeved frock with lace accents from the Australian designer’s Resort 2014 collection.

While I want to give Sandy major style points for this look just for the colours and fit alone, that visible so-called “illusion” neckline ruins the look for me.

This is such as shame considering the styling was perfect with the gold Jimmy Choo ‘Charm’ clutch, nude Atwoods and complementary pink lip.

Are you as fussy as me? Does the simple neckline pull this look down for you?

Credit: Vogue.au & Getty

13 thoughts on “Sandra Bullock In Alex Perry – 2014 Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala

1. Anne

I like this look so much (the color, the fit, the accessories and hair and makeup) that I can overlook the odd design choice of the illusion panel’s neckline.

2. Rashmi

I tried a lot ignoring it and was quite successful in doing so until i read your post.. hahahaha :D
    the unsuccessful illusion is really a bothersome since the rest is wow !!

3. gabis

The sheer neckline doesn’t bother me. I love this look head-to-toe. She looks incredible. I especially love her flawless complementary makeup.

4. Serenity

I’m disappointed too, FC, because I LOVE this dress to pieces, and her styling is all kinds of great, but that neckline is all kinds of bad! One of the worst we’ve seen, IMO. Bum-mer!!

5. Joy

I REALLY love everything about this dress. Honestly, I didn’t really notice the sheer neckline until you brought it to my attention. I thought it was an abstract neckline that was part of the dress. And, I think that’s just what it is. It can’t mean to be skin matched? It looks the same on the model. So for me, it is still fabulous. I’m still riding the Sandra can do no wrong train.

6. Marybeth

I’m with FC on this one. That neckline just doesn’t work for me. As Charlotte (above) says, it makes the dress look rather cheap.

I think it was worth the try —the colors alone make the dress a tempting choice!

7. Yeliz

I can overlook the neckline, because I think she looks simply gorgeous. Love the colours and the lace accents.