Matthew McConaughey In Saint Laurent and Camila Alves In Mikael D - 2014 Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala

Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves made quite the dashing couple as they arrived at the 25th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala held at the Palm Springs Convention Center on Sunday (January 4) in Palm Springs, California.

Matthew McConaughey : The actor, who lost a lot of weight for his role in ‘Dallas Buyers Club,’ looked suave in a Saint Laurent metallic gold blazer with black satin lapels styled with a white shirt, black trousers and a bow tie, which is yet another side-step from the usual Dolce classics he tends to favour. While he optimizes Dolce & Gabbana like no other, I am loving this experimental phase with other designers. Are you?

Camilla Alves: Forever the stunning plus one, the TV presenter opted for a sassy Mikael D black sleeveless gown, from the designer’s Spring 2014 collection, with sexy sheer lace panels playing second fiddle to that thigh-high slit. Casadei t-bar ‘Blade’ heels, a satin clutch and voluminous curls completed her look.

Credit: Mikael D & Getty

Kerry Washington In Jason Wu - Oscars 2014

Kerry Washington In Jason Wu – Oscars 2014

Pace Wu In Valentino - 'Pace Wu's Style Book: Fashion Alive' Book Launch

Pace Wu In Valentino – ‘Pace Wu’s Style Book: Fashion Alive’ Book Launch

12 Responses to Matthew McConaughey In Saint Laurent and Camila Alves In Mikael D – 2014 Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala

1. Serenity January 6, 2014 at 15:48 #

She looks gorgeous, though I wish her hair were up, since the dress is especially interesting from the back. I love the way the dress is twisted and draped, even though it took me looking at quite a few pictures to figure it out. Also, I’m not feeling that clutch.

Matthew is dressed impressively, I love that jacket. However, he is looking so different these days even though he’s gaining the weight back. I can’t quite put my finger on what it is. I just used to think he was so hot, but not anymore so much. And he definitely looks overly tan IMO.

• Rebecca Z January 6, 2014 at 16:52 #

I think it is his haircut–too short on the sides over-emphasizes his long head–he needs more fullness on the sides. Love his jacket–perfect for Palm Springs–harkens back to Rat Pack days–Dean Martin would have worn this.

• Serenity January 6, 2014 at 16:55 #

Good point.

2. Alina January 6, 2014 at 15:52 #

Even if I don’t always like Matthew’s outfits, I think he looks great here.
    Camilla is beautiful and the dress fits her well.

• Yeliz January 6, 2014 at 22:00 #

3. amy January 6, 2014 at 19:42 #

Matthew’s suit is pretty cool. Camilla looks fine

4. Christine January 6, 2014 at 19:55 #

Matthew looks good. Nothing the dress on Camilla.

• Christine January 6, 2014 at 19:55 #

Not liking the dress

5. Jacqueline January 6, 2014 at 20:20 #

I don’t mind his look. I get what he is going for given it is Palm Springs.
    She looks tacky and trashy unfortunately. I’ve never found any of Mikael D’s dresses so far to be original or expensive. They usually remind me of cheap Essex girls. Maybe that’s what she was going for in Palm Springs? Sunset Blvd plus 1?

6. Dhppy January 7, 2014 at 05:11 #

Hmm. His jacket looks a little short for me, and I strongly dislike her gown – too much pointless use of lace and straps.

7. kane January 7, 2014 at 14:03 #

Gorgeous dress, but I hate the clutch with a vengeance and the hair would have needed to be up.

8. gabis January 7, 2014 at 14:46 #

The clutch is truly a disaster but what I dislike the most about this look is the color. The dress is gorgeous but black does nothing for her.