06.01.14

Julia Roberts In Gucci - 2014 Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala

Julia Roberts arrived at the 25th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala at the Palm Springs Convention Center on Saturday (January 4) in Palm Springs, California.

Continuing to meander outside of her comfort zone, the actress delights wearing a Gucci one of a kind beige-and-black leopard pattern lace mini dress featuring gold embroidered detailing on the sleeves and hemline.

Styled with black Gucci pumps, a Wilfredo Rosado ring and a black Roger Vivier ‘Boite de Nuit’ clutch, Julia completed her look with long sweeping bangs covering an eye with ‘barely there’ makeup providing the finishing touch.

Are you enjoying the resurgence of style from Julia? It looks like it’s not only Nicole Kidman who has rekindled her love for fashion.

Credit: Getty

Solange Knowles In Paper London - Falls Music and Arts Festival

Solange Knowles In Paper London – Falls Music and Arts Festival

Sarah Michelle Gellar's Marc By Marc Jacobs Lace Shirt And Gucci 'Soho' Metallic Leather Disco Bag

Sarah Michelle Gellar’s Marc By Marc Jacobs Lace Shirt And Gucci ‘Soho’ Metallic Leather Disco Bag

16 Responses to Julia Roberts In Gucci – 2014 Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala

1. Alina January 6, 2014 at 11:24 #

There is something about this that still translates ‘mumsy’ for me. Maybe it’s the shape…

2. Christine January 6, 2014 at 11:34 #

I wanted to like this but the styling and the dress is translating into old lady styles

3. Yeliz January 6, 2014 at 12:09 #

Nice look from the ankles up.

4. amy January 6, 2014 at 12:16 #

the shape is off It makes her appear heavier than she is. that said, I like the hair and I admi that lately Julia’s style has been quite exciting

5. Anne January 6, 2014 at 13:32 #

I like this dress, but I feel like the silhouette is very repetitive of the Elie Saab she wore for the Hollywood Film Awards. I preferred the styling of that look much better.

6. dee January 6, 2014 at 14:11 #

A different pair of shoes and some earrings would have helped this look better for me.

7. sanette January 6, 2014 at 15:26 #

I don’t like this at all. The whole cut makes her look wider and older than she is.

8. Amy January 6, 2014 at 16:57 #

Her hair looks great and I like the subtle makeup. From the shoulders down, I’m not a fan.

9. Marybeth January 6, 2014 at 18:36 #

My first thought is that she needs a better bra, but I don’t think that’s the issue. Maybe she just needs a belt.
    The dress has a shapelessness to it, lacking definition between the bust, midriff, and waist.

Other than that, she looks great and I am glad to see her wearing more interesting things these days.

• Serenity January 7, 2014 at 03:46 #

I think she does need a better bra, and better posture. I feel like if she would just stand up straight and put her shoulders back, she’d look ten times better…and slimmer.

10. Joy January 6, 2014 at 18:46 #

She really appears to be enjoying fashion SO much more than a year ago. Thank heavens. As I’m hitting 40 myself this year, I’m finding myself really interested in what more mature women are putting together. I find it really inspiring and refreshing. Love this dress. Keep it up Julia!

11. Nat39 January 6, 2014 at 19:24 #

Looks kinda dowdy.

12. justine January 6, 2014 at 23:28 #

She needs to move the hair out of her face, it’s too distracting for me. I just wanted to reach my hand through the screen and fix it for her.

13. Dhppy January 7, 2014 at 05:20 #

Shapeless with bell 3/4 length sleeves? This is meant for a much older woman.

14. kane January 7, 2014 at 14:09 #

Her face is gorgeous. But I agree with those remarking on the shape of the dress. And then there’s the print. Nope, my dear.

15. Betelgeuze January 9, 2014 at 02:57 #

She looks very beautiful and the dress is gorgeous, but this look desperately needs two things: a belt and a hairpin.