24.12.13 Best Of

Best Dressed Teen 2013 – Kiernan Shipka

Best Dressed Teen 2013 - Kiernan Shipka

Kiernan Shipka was voted your best-dressed teen star of 2013.

The ‘Mad Men’ actress, who narrowly lost out to Elle Fanning last year, was stylish, event appropriate and totally adorable for each of her red carpet appearances.

Going from cutesy dresses to single-handedly putting Spanish brand Delpozo on the fashion map, I still feel that there is more greatness to come from this young fashionista.

She had many great looks this year, but if I had to narrow down my favourite it would have to be her Oscar de la Renta SAG Awards dress followed by her Delpozo Emmys dress.

The best thing about Kiernan is that she doesn’t appear to be in any hurry to dress too maturely, a la Miley Cyrus during her Hannah Montana latter years.

Credit: Getty

Best Ensemble Cast 2013 – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’

Best Ensemble Cast 2013 – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’

Promo Tour Star 2013 – Elizabeth Banks for 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire'

Promo Tour Star 2013 – Elizabeth Banks for ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’

12 Responses to Best Dressed Teen 2013 – Kiernan Shipka

1. Alina December 24, 2013 at 10:36 #

I love this girl! She’s probably the best dressed teen EVER! She has this elegance about her which at 13 years old is remarkable.

Her look at the Emmy’s even made my BDOTY top, so… Enough said!

2. Bec December 24, 2013 at 10:37 #

Never thought I’d have a style crush on a 14 year old!! She is just divine though, her Preen look made me swoon!

3. Alex December 24, 2013 at 10:40 #

Love her!

4. Christine December 24, 2013 at 10:46 #

Yes! My pick! She deserved this award. She can put dress almost any adult. Love her style.

• Christine December 24, 2013 at 10:46 #

Out dress*

5. Serenity December 24, 2013 at 13:07 #

I voted for Hailee Steinfeld simply because I liked some of her edgier choices like the Kenzo ‘eyes’ at Comic Con, and that Saint Laurent sequined red lips top. It was very quirky cool and age appropriate plus fashion forward. In addition, I felt like since she’s older than Kiernan, and she’s been nominated before but lost, that this should be her year….

HOWEVER, Kiernan is not to be denied. She certainly deserves credit for her impeccably dressed teenage self. To be a young girl in the spotlight, yet handle yourself with such grace–that’s no small feat. My favorite was her other Delpozo: http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2013/09/22/kiernan-shipka-in-delpozo-variety-women-in-film-pre-emmy-event/

6. Yeliz December 24, 2013 at 13:48 #

She is one of my biggest style crushes. I mean how can one not love her, when she always dresses so flawlessly? My favourite look of her this year was her stunning SAG Awards look, which also made it to my BDOTY list.

7. Jess2 December 24, 2013 at 15:20 #

Well deserved, I adore her and she is yet to put a foot wrong in my eyes. Can’t wait to see what she delights us with next.

8. Tina December 24, 2013 at 20:19 #

I adore her style picks – they’re simply fabulous. Age-appropriate, pleasing to the eye, and perfectly styled to boot. She totally deserved this.

9. EmmaWoodhouse December 25, 2013 at 21:51 #

Kiernan and Hailee are my red carpet favorites, but I voted for Kiernan…she SO deserved this award and has not really had a misstep in my opinion!

10. Carrie December 26, 2013 at 15:46 #

Well deserved! I adore her style. :)

11. Kathy December 26, 2013 at 18:09 #

Hailee was my pick for Best Dressed Teen this year. While Kiernan always looks adorable and event-appropriate, she sticks to very cutesy, doll-like dresses. Hailee is only older than her by a few years, yet has shown much more range and personality in her sartorial choices.