23.12.13 Best Of

Most Underrated 2013 – Emmy Rossum

Most Underrated 2013 – Emmy Rossum

Emmy Rossum is no shrinking style violet, continually giving us elegantly timeless, yet still trendy ensembles that are always appropriate and that never fail to raise the fashion bar on the red carpet.

Despite her impossibly chic statements, she seems to be missing the fashion cred she’s so certainly owed.

This past year, she has shown off sweet and sophisticated Oscar de la Renta frocks, ritzy-glitzy, embellished numbers from Elie Saab and Naaem Khan, and all-out glamour girl gowns from the likes of Andrew Gn, Carolina Herrera and Zuhair Murad.

She even channelled her version of pretty-punk in her dazzling Donna Karan Atelier design at the 2013 Met Gala.

She may be a quiet fashion victor, never generating the kind of chatter lauded upon the likes of Jennifer Lawrence, but she should with head-turning looks that have perfection written all over them.

Runner up: Miley Cyrus

Credit: Getty

Shoe Of The Year 2013 - Casadei 'Blade' Pumps

Shoe Of The Year 2013 – Casadei ‘Blade’ Pumps

Street Style Star 2013 – Miranda Kerr

Street Style Star 2013 – Miranda Kerr

17 Responses to Most Underrated 2013 – Emmy Rossum

1. Serenity December 23, 2013 at 15:46 #

I voted for Kate Beckinsale, whom I still adore, but in hindsight, Emmy really deserved ot. I’m glad she won!

2. anne g December 23, 2013 at 16:00 #

She’s underrated but Emmy is boring.
    Yes , Emmy is very well dressed but she don’t have personnality.
    Jennifer Lawrence is not very well dressed but she have something in her who make you notice her.
    This that make you a movie star.

Sorry for my english

• lola December 24, 2013 at 01:56 #

lies!!!lol

3. Mm December 23, 2013 at 16:15 #

She deserves this win.

4. Alina December 23, 2013 at 16:35 #

My vote was Jessica Chastain because I feel like she had an outstanding run at Cannes, but Emmy comes as a very close second.

Runner up: Miley Cyrus – Seriously? -_-

5. Christine December 23, 2013 at 16:35 #

Yes this is my pick too! She definitely deserved this. This is a girl who have no stylist!

6. Serenity December 23, 2013 at 17:26 #

Wait! Stop the presses! Miley Cyrus was runner-up? I really had faith in the voters! WTF?!?!

7. EmmaWoodhouse December 23, 2013 at 17:45 #

I voted for Cate Blanchett, because I voted for Emmy as most consistent. However, I LOVE this girl (she’s a style-star and one of my icons!) and am so glad to see her recognized! She looks just beautiful in everything she wears and I can’t remember her having a *bad* look. Rock on, gorgeous!
    P.S. MILEY for runner-up? PUH-leeze!!!

8. freja December 23, 2013 at 17:51 #

I’ve always liked Emmy’s style. She may not always be showy but she does know what works for her, she has taken risks and she always looks good.

I’m much more concerned that Miley was runner up, I mean, what?

• Nadine December 24, 2013 at 02:50 #

9. Elise December 23, 2013 at 18:05 #

Glad to see Emmy recognized. Emmy & Carolina Herrera is a winning team.

I can’t believe Miley is the runner up. It’s true she had two or three good moments (LV), but the rest of the year is a nightmare of good taste

10. kane December 23, 2013 at 21:04 #

I’m not sure if I actually ended voting for Emmy in any category because she didn’t really seem to fit anywhere… did we have “fashion crush” category? She certainly would have made this one for me. I actually even ended up preferring her MET outing over Maxima’s inauguration dress for look of the year because she completely knocked me out there. I’m glad she, Emmy again, won something. But I can’t call her “underrated:” She’s already set the bar quite up for whenever she appears on this blog.

11. Bec December 23, 2013 at 22:53 #

Yay! So glad to see Emmy win this one….she is so consistently lovely it’s good to see her recognised.

Thanks for all your grey work FC, Merry Xmas!! Xx

• Bec December 23, 2013 at 22:54 #

Great work, not grey work :-/

12. Yeliz December 23, 2013 at 23:19 #

Voted for Emmy, because she is definitely underrated. Her looks, which she styles herself, are almost always flawless to me. Hope she gets more notice next year.

13. Dhppy December 24, 2013 at 00:19 #

I never thought of Rossum as underrated. She seems to be known for her great style.

14. Jess2 December 24, 2013 at 04:39 #

Yay! Love Emmy’s style, she always looks impeccable and has presented many looks that I have absolutely loved :)

Miley Cyrus runner up? Nearly choked on my coffee hehe.