23.12.13 Best Of

Stella’s Got Her Groove Back & Film Festival Queen 2013 – Nicole Kidman

Nicole Kidman

Nicole Kidman has long been a red carpet favourite, from when she was first introduced on Tom Cruise’s arm in the ’90s. She dazzled us in Dior, Gucci, Versace, YSL, and Nina Ricci, to name a few. Then she kinda lost her fizz.

This year she was back to her best, giving us drop-dead-gorgeous look after drop-dead-gorgeous look, starting with Alexander McQueen at the Golden Globe Awards, then onto Vivienne Westwood at the SAG Awards before her epic run during Cannes Film Festival, which really saw her get back in the saddle.

Even by her own admission the Australian actress said that she fell out of love with fashion, but thanks to her starring role as fashion icon Grace Kelly in ‘Grace of Monaco’ that passion has been ignited once again and we are all grateful to that casting director.

When the film is released in 2014, we can look forward to an amazing promo tour.

I have to give an honourable mention to Olivia Wilde, who also got back into her groove this year.

Nicole Kidman Cannes Film Festival

Credit: Getty

Brand Ambassador of the Year 2013 - Marion Cotillard for Christian Dior

Brand Ambassador of the Year 2013 – Marion Cotillard for Christian Dior

Hilary Duff's A Fine Line 'After Hours' Sweatshirt

Hilary Duff’s A Fine Line ‘After Hours’ Sweatshirt

20 Responses to Stella’s Got Her Groove Back & Film Festival Queen 2013 – Nicole Kidman

1. Alina December 23, 2013 at 20:31 #

Stella’s got her groove back – ITA! There was a time when she only wore L’Wren Scott (boring!), but this year she has shown diversity and versatility.

Film Festival Queen – Worthy winner! I’m really excited to know who will be in the next year jury.

2. Caroline December 23, 2013 at 20:40 #

Nicole was by far the best dressed of the year.
    I can’t believe how many fantastic looks she wore.
    I can’t find a miss

3. Jessica12 December 23, 2013 at 20:44 #

When Nicole is at the top of her game, no one beats her, not even Blanchett or Switon.
    She had so many incredible looks this year, specially at Cannes! The Dior and the McQueen are my favorite. So glad, her face is looking more natural again

4. CNorth December 23, 2013 at 20:45 #

The only gown she wore that I don’t really like is the Prada one, probably because of the sleeves. The rest is perfection.

5. Amie December 23, 2013 at 20:46 #

Worthy of both!

Her run during Cannes really reminded me of what an icon she can be. So many diverse looks and she pulled all of them off with ease. I’m glad she’s interested in fashion again as we all get to benefit from it.

She also had my favorite Dior look all year and she’s not even a brand ambassador lol.

• Serenity December 23, 2013 at 21:41 #

This!

• Jess2 December 24, 2013 at 05:17 #

+1 couldn’t agree more. this year has been spectacular for her! So effortlessly chic.

6. EmmaWoodhouse December 23, 2013 at 20:47 #

So worthy for both awards!!! Especially festival queen!

• Yeliz December 23, 2013 at 23:40 #

7. Christine December 23, 2013 at 20:50 #

Yes!! Some of her red carpet moments are on my BDOTY list.

Glad to see her fall in love with fashion again!

8. ber December 23, 2013 at 20:57 #

She’s always been one of my fashion favorites and I’m so happy she’s back to the top of her game!

9. kane December 23, 2013 at 21:08 #

Festival Queen–happy to go with that. Otherwise, I’m not quite as overwhelmed with her style actually.

10. msd December 23, 2013 at 21:30 #

The main thing I noticed about Cannes was how fantastic her hair and makeup looked. She needs those people to always do her hair and makeup!

• Serenity December 23, 2013 at 21:40 #

So. True.

11. Serenity December 23, 2013 at 21:39 #

Nicole cannot be denied. She has that something special that makes her stand heads above the rest! (Pun intended!)

She is in my top ten twice, and my top twenty FOUR times!! And I had a seriously hard time narrowing it down to that. Truth be told, she should have a top ten of her own, because she is truly in a league of her own. I loved every dress pictured above, but I could never forget her off-white Armani from Cannes, either.
    She deserves both awards, and no one else even comes close for me.

12. Valissa December 24, 2013 at 03:12 #

Excellent choice for both!! Nicole has been spectacular all year! She picks amazing pieces and then wears them so well! Hope she keeps it up in 2014!

• Fiona-Brasil December 24, 2013 at 09:01 #

13. Tiger Nueng December 24, 2013 at 14:57 #

This year she so amazing! !!

14. Little My December 30, 2013 at 19:33 #

Wowzer, she nailed every look, and it all looked so effortless. Nicole Kidman is Queen of the Red Carpet 2013. I’m also very glad Grace of Monaco has rekindled her love for fashion.

15. coll July 14, 2014 at 21:42 #

Just a really unique combination of elegant and fun.