23.12.13 Best Of

Magnifique To Tragique 2013 – Marion Cotillard

Magnifique To Tragique 2013 – Marion Cotillard

Would you believe this is the second time Marion Cotillard has received this award?

It may seem harsh, but if we were to chart her red carpet looks from the sublime Dior Couture gowns during awards season to the Marrakesh Film Festival looks it would depict a sharp decline.

Maybe we expect so much from Marion because she has delivered so magnificently in the past, but wearing tent-like dress after tent-like dress had us losing faith and wondering if she had a baby on board.

That was the reasoning behind her last style shift and, if you remember, that was also the reasoning behind Kerry Washington’s autumnal blip prior to her announcement.

Hopefully we will see a resurgence in 2014 and she’ll go back to being Miss Consistent.

Credit: Getty

Best Dressed International Star 2013 – Nieves Alvarez

Best Dressed International Star 2013 – Nieves Alvarez

Shoe Of The Year 2013 - Casadei 'Blade' Pumps

Shoe Of The Year 2013 – Casadei ‘Blade’ Pumps

12 Responses to Magnifique To Tragique 2013 – Marion Cotillard

1. Alina December 23, 2013 at 14:22 #

A while ago I took the time to take a look back at all her outfits and I have to say that she has never been VERY consistent.

It’s a shame that a truly beautiful and elegant woman doesn’t make the right moves in the fashion department.

2. Christine December 23, 2013 at 14:24 #

I didn’t realize this is her second time around of winning this award. How sad!

I also wondered if she is pregnant.

Will see in 2014!

• helene December 23, 2013 at 15:28 #

Agree with you Christine, I wonder also if she is not pregnant in view of the two last looks.

• Milla B. December 23, 2013 at 15:54 #

3. Charlotte December 23, 2013 at 14:26 #

She was better in the begining of the year but still a little bit boring !
    A think it’s really time her collaboration with Dior ends !

4. AnderBoBo December 23, 2013 at 14:28 #

She’s just become so boring lately. Everytime it is some new hideous, unflattering, laughable Dior look. I’d love love love for her to just break free of this Dior partnership and experiment with some much more beautiful looks. She is such a beautiful woman she shouldn’t be chained to such disastrous garments.

5. Jess2 December 23, 2013 at 14:52 #

It is a real shame that she went so down hill. Fingers crossed next year is more consistent.

• Yeliz December 23, 2013 at 23:10 #

Agreed.

6. Serenity December 23, 2013 at 15:06 #

Makes me so sad, but unfortunately, this title is warranted. I don’t think that the Dior ambassadorship is completely to blame, though. Looking back she has had some equally disturbing looks from other brands as well. Case in point: that Preen disaster above. It’s not just the label–it’s the outfit choice, the styling, the overall presence, etc, etc. But I have such faith in her. 2014 surely must be her year for redemption!

7. EmmaWoodhouse December 23, 2013 at 17:41 #

Marion always starts great and ends terribly, it would seem. What a shame, because when she gets it right, she GETS IT RIGHT. But when she gets it wrong..*shudders at the prison-striped tent*

8. kane December 23, 2013 at 21:06 #

“Tragique”? Sadly, yes. But I have never ever found her style “magnifique.”

• lola December 25, 2013 at 02:13 #

Right! She always bores me a little…okay a lot.