23.12.13 Best Of

Fashionista of 2013 – Olivia Palermo

Fashionista of 2013 – Olivia Palermo

Stylista, fashionista, accessory aficionada… Olivia Palermo has marched to the beat of her trendsetting style drum throughout the year, whether she’s on the red carpet or on the sidewalks of New York City.

More often than not, the socialite favours a signature boho-chic, ethnic-inspired approach matched with a feminine aesthetic, which is often manifested through a range of refined, yet relaxed, looks by London designers.

Her ensembles are never without an accessory (or five), as she always fluffs up her ensembles with plenty of accoutrements—think armloads of bangles, doorknocker necklaces, oversized shades, her go-to Aquazurra heels, and bold belts and handbags.

We’ve seen her in everything from Alexander Wang to Louis Vuittion, Tibi and Willow, with her embrace of the high-street quite evident, as well. Over the past year, she’s shown off outfits from ASOS, Topshop, Whistles and Zara.

Yet she is also not afraid to go bold with sultry Roberto Cavalli gowns such as those at the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala and the Cannes Film Festival.

Whether she’s posing at a posh party, or on her best street-chic behaviour in off-duty looks that are perfectly put-together, or retaining her place as a front-row regular at Fashion Week, Olivia works the fashionista angle in more ways than one.

Credit: Getty

Designer of the Year & Couturier of the Year 2013 - Elie Saab

Designer of the Year & Couturier of the Year 2013 – Elie Saab

Model of the Year 2013 - Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Model of the Year 2013 – Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

8 Responses to Fashionista of 2013 – Olivia Palermo

1. Alina December 23, 2013 at 17:09 #

My vote went to Solange Knowles, because I think Olivia had more misses on the red carpet this year.

2. Christine December 23, 2013 at 17:24 #

My vote went to solange. Olivia had more misses than hits this year. Solange knocked it out of the ballpark.

3. Serenity December 23, 2013 at 17:44 #

Interestingly enough, I also voted for Solange. I think Olivia has a good eye for fashion, but I think she has a tendency to way over-accessorize, which often muddies the overall look for me. I really was not impressed with her this year, whereas Solange makes such bold and risky sartorial selections, and nails it again and again. This is the first category that I either didn’t vote for the winner, or wasn’t pleased with them, regardless. Very disappointing….

4. EmmaWoodhouse December 23, 2013 at 17:48 #

Sometimes she over-accessorizes but I think she has a creative fashion-sense so she was my pick.

5. Cassan December 23, 2013 at 18:45 #

Whoaaa i was expecting solange. hmmm

6. kane December 23, 2013 at 21:07 #

I like her looks at times, but find her quite overrated. Solange for me too.

7. Yeliz December 23, 2013 at 23:29 #

Ashley Madekwe was my pick. I don’t love every look of Olivia’s, she loves to overaccessorize mostly. I love the second look in the pictured looks from H2T though.
    And this one was memorable too;

8. lola December 24, 2013 at 01:54 #

How did she beat solange this year? *scratching my head*