18.12.13 Premiere

‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ New York Premiere Menswear Roundup

'The Wolf of Wall Street' New York Premiere Menswear Roundup

Here is a roundup of the guys attending the New York premiere of ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ on Tuesday evening (December 17) held at the Ziegfeld Theatre.

Matthew McConaughey: The actor joined his partner Camila Alves on the red carpet. While she kept to the Dolce & Gabbana script, he broke with tradition and wore a grey wool two-button suit from Brunello Cucinelli. I would’ve favoured this wide-peak-lapel suit had it not been for the satin trims.

Leonardo DiCaprio: The actor never steers far from black or navy classic suits. On this occasion he wore a Prada navy kid mohair three button suit, white stretch popeline shirt, and fumo grey satin tie. Would you like to see him mix things up like Matthew often does?

Jonah Hill: Opting for a navy one-button suit, the maroon-printed tie injects a bit of personality into Jonah’s look.

Credit: Getty

Wish List Wednesday

Wish List Wednesday

Rumer Willis' 6397 Denim Jumpsuit

Rumer Willis’ 6397 Denim Jumpsuit

11 Responses to ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ New York Premiere Menswear Roundup

1. meghan December 18, 2013 at 14:40 #

Matthew is wearing a tuxedo (satin lapel, satin stripe down trousers = tuxedo) so he really ruined the look with a casual cotton tie. The premiere wasn’t black tie, so I’m a bit thrown off by this entire look. And the trousers are too wide, sleeve of jacket are too short.

2. Christine December 18, 2013 at 15:13 #

I like Leo’s look!

3. pipsqueak December 18, 2013 at 15:41 #

Let me guess, Leo is wearing Armani. He looks nice but almost like Superman or Karl Lagerfeld – they don’t seem to change outfits. I’d give Jonah my vote for best dressed of the three. Also major kudos for slimming down. He looks so great! And congrats on a successful transition from a teen comedy regular to a serious actor!!

• Alina December 18, 2013 at 16:25 #

I agree with everything you said.

• Serenity December 18, 2013 at 20:27 #

I double agree!

4. dee December 18, 2013 at 16:23 #

I like Leo’s look the most but I wish he would experiment more with color.

5. Rebecca Z December 18, 2013 at 17:16 #

Matthew McConaughey looks just awful. The suit looks cheap and I really hate his haircut. He has a long face and this style with the close cropped sides and the volume on top makes him look like a cartoon character. Why doesn’t someone tell him? He can look as hot as anyone, but not when he goes for the cheap look.

• Serenity December 18, 2013 at 20:29 #

I thought he looked unusually bad too. So disappointing since he used to be one of my crushes!

6. Yeliz December 18, 2013 at 18:43 #

Leo is my favourite of the bunch.

• lola December 18, 2013 at 23:37 #

Amen! I’ll take classy and repetitive over sloppy any day.

7. Noemi December 19, 2013 at 10:41 #

When it comes to Leonardo DiCaprio I’m biased, but I think he looks great here. I don’t think he’s very interested in fashion so I don’t see him taking fashion risks like other actors and I don’t mind. Matthew McConaughey’s suit has something that I don’t like, maybe the proportions, the jacket looks very slim and fitted while the pants are a but baggy, I don’t know but it’s a no for me, even if of course the fabric look beautiful. When I look at Jonah Hill I just see that ugly tie.