Celine Dion In Atelier Versace – The Voice Season 5 Finale

Celine Dion In Atelier Versace - The Voice Season 5 Finale

Celine Dion and Ne-Yo performed their latest single ‘Incredible’ during day two of The Voice Season 5 Finale on Tuesday (December 17) in Universal City, California.

The Canadian singer showed off her amazing figure wearing an Atelier Versace Fall 2013 black mini dress featuring crystal hook-and-eye detailing which traced the dress’ anatomical seams and a provocative open panel exposing the lace lingerie-inspired corset underlay.

In the wrong hands *coughs Heidi Klum/Anna Dello Russo coughs* this could’ve been tragic, but on Celine as a performance piece I’m totally sold on the look.

Overtly sexy without a hint of try hard or trashy.

Do you agree? Or do you deem the 45-year-old singer too old to be wearing this type of frock?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Margot Robbie In Armani Privè - 'The Wolf Of Wall Street' New York Premiere

Margot Robbie In Armani Privè – ‘The Wolf Of Wall Street’ New York Premiere

Jessica Ennis-Hill's Victoria Beckham Mesh-Trimmed Dress

Jessica Ennis-Hill’s Victoria Beckham Mesh-Trimmed Dress

29 Responses to Celine Dion In Atelier Versace – The Voice Season 5 Finale

1. DorianGray December 18, 2013 at 10:59 #

Congratulations to Celine Dion, a lot of young girls could have turned this look to tragic. She looks flawless.

2. Juliana December 18, 2013 at 11:01 #

Totally agree!!! Celine rocks, FC she also wore a white dress too, I loved, you should take a look too ;)

3. Chanel December 18, 2013 at 11:05 #

Honestly, I think Celine looks so much better than the model in this dress. She manages to make the dress her own style and it’s not too much – it suits her perfectly.

• Yeliz December 18, 2013 at 18:23 #

I agree on all points.

4. kane December 18, 2013 at 11:12 #

Classy… not.

I’m not a fan of doing things half way so this half up-cover up doesn’t work for me. Having said that, I don’t really like the dress aesthetically and conceptually to begin with.

• DorianGray December 18, 2013 at 11:16 #

This dress in not intended to be wore in the mall with kids but for a performance on stage or a special event.

• kane December 18, 2013 at 11:32 #

Nobody said anything about malls and kids. If anything I consider couture from the art point of view, and in many cases I can then appreciate a piece even if it is not wearable outside the context of an artsy photo shooting or off the runway. I take the runway presentation as the way the designers intended this piece. If someone doesn’t feel comfortable wearing it that way, it might not be for them or the right context and I personally prefer them not to wear it rather than line it or cover it up.

• DorianGray December 18, 2013 at 11:51 #

I understand your point of view but this collection was all about uncovering without being tacky (except Lady Gaga) and for me Celine Dion showed the concept in the best way possible.

5. Rye December 18, 2013 at 11:13 #

This is a great look for preformance on stage. She looks sexy and young and those legs..

6. Charlotte December 18, 2013 at 11:17 #

I don’t like this dress on her.
    It’s a sexy dress and it doesn’t suit her.
    Plus her hairstyle is not working with the dress.

• dressaddict December 18, 2013 at 12:57 #

+ 1,it’s so not for her. Apart that, the “tore” cleavage is kind of vulgar.

7. Christine December 18, 2013 at 11:37 #

I like this look on her. It does not read vulgar, tacky or cheap on Celine.

8. Leo December 18, 2013 at 11:43 #

Luv this. Celine always rocks the hell out of couture. So sexy and elegant.

Speaking of The Voice, you never cover what Xtina wears there. She was wearing a gorgeous vintage Azarro last night.

9. Caro Chanel December 18, 2013 at 12:01 #

Didn’t Selena Gomez wore the gown version of this earlier this year? Yes, she did, I just googled her. They both looked great. I like the dress both in short and long. Well done, Celine!

• H December 18, 2013 at 13:51 #

Yes she did, a longer version, to the VMA’s and she looked great! And now Celine is rocking this and she looks sexy sexy sexy! I couldn’t love it more!

• Carrie December 18, 2013 at 15:21 #

Exactly. I too was having flashbacks to Selena wearing this earlier this year.

• Gossip Girl December 19, 2013 at 13:15 #

Yes, she did! My first reaction to this photo was “Wow, Celine has great legs! She rocked this dress” and second “Selena wore the long version” :)

10. Fiona December 18, 2013 at 12:03 #

Don’t like this dress at all. It looks tacky and unfinished

11. amy December 18, 2013 at 12:08 #

this is stage appropriate and Celine wears it with class. they are not many who could pull this off without looking trashy.

• Quinn December 18, 2013 at 12:21 #

12. pinksugar December 18, 2013 at 13:40 #

Too old? I would rather see this phenomenal looking woman who knows how to wear it than Selena Gomez who I feel is ‘too young’ and can’t ever pull off any Versace look. When you are an entertainer over 30 like Celine,JLO,Beyonce you can slide by the age ‘rules’ a little more than your average woman I think.

• Alina December 18, 2013 at 15:54 #

ITA! She wears this dress with class and really looks gorgeous!

13. dee December 18, 2013 at 15:17 #

I normally would find a dress like this tacky but I think Celine looks great in it. I think she manages to look classy.

14. easyBlake December 18, 2013 at 16:28 #

I think I like this dress better as a gown. Something about the shorter length makes it boxy or stumpifying. The peeled back panel looks less like a secret/surprising reveal. Celine looks great, I just don’t care for this version of the dress.

15. Daisy December 18, 2013 at 17:20 #

This dress is not tragic on her. It is weird. I don’t appreciate it aesthetically, I find Versace overtly, trying to hard to be sexy. I always prefer something naturally sexy and modern.

16. Mateo December 18, 2013 at 19:10 #

Both of her performance outfits were amazing. She is a class act with the best voice (and legs!) in the biz. This was edgy (for her) but perfect for the occasion. Other pop tarts would be happy to age as gracefully.

17. Serenity December 18, 2013 at 22:34 #

I was listening to the radio this morning, and the deejay said ‘Celine Dion looked like she was in the middle of a major waldrobe malfunction last night. It was awful, it looked like she forgot to pin the top of her dress up over her bra, and it just hung wide upen for everyone to see her in her underwear on National TV.’

I think that pretty much sums it up. I didn’t know what she was talking about, but now that I see her in this dress, it makes perfect sense.

A NO.

18. lola December 18, 2013 at 23:41 #

It’s not her age that bothers me. If you got it, flaunt it! I just really hate this dress, it did not work on her nor Selena.

19. the ogre December 20, 2013 at 14:56 #

I agree with those of you who feel that the dress is not that great. But, Celine being what she is carries it off with a lot of grace which is what I admire about her. She does wear short dresses as well as risky ones during her performances that one wouldn’t wear on any other occasion but the high point is that she wears them gracefully. There is nothing that says wardrobe-malfunction over here, either. She’s great and has the confidence to look this great even at this age. I mean I know she can afford it and all but still attitude counts.