TVB Anniversary Awards 2013

TVB Anniversary Awards

The TVB Anniversary Awards took place in Hong Kong, China on Monday evening (December 16), with celebs taking to the red carpet for the event.

Niki Chow: Putting the capital D into drama, the actress wore a Stéphane Rolland Fall 2013 Couture look consisting of a bandeau top, high-waist black pants and a dramatic cape with a jewelled neckline and shimmering appliqués at the hemline.

Nancy Wu: The actress wore a Roberto Cavalli Fall 2013 long-sleeved suede-and-chiffon gown embroidered with Swarovski crystals, which you may remember we saw on Liya Kebede during Cannes Film Festival.

Myolie Wu: This look is also a repeat. You may remember that Sonam Kapoor was the first to wear this Prabal Gurung Resort 2014 black-and-white ensemble. The look features a tuxedo jacket in a wrap-style silhouette with a notched lapel, styled with wide-leg tuxedo pants with contrast stripes and waistband; on this occasion the pants are way too long for Myolie and have been poorly hemmed.

Runway

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Tia Mowry-Hardrict In Ellery - International Fashion Film Awards

Tia Mowry-Hardrict In Ellery – International Fashion Film Awards

Meryl Streep In Gucci - ‘August: Osage County’ LA Premiere

Meryl Streep In Gucci – ‘August: Osage County’ LA Premiere

12 Responses to TVB Anniversary Awards 2013

1. Alina December 17, 2013 at 14:52 #

Niki is my favourite here! Really dramatic.

• Francois Bresmal December 17, 2013 at 19:39 #

Soooooooooo dramatic! This (unknown) girl just joined my BDOTY list, I’m amazed by this outfit, she looks ethereal

2. Cam December 17, 2013 at 16:50 #

Thank you for posting TVB anniversary awards. I look forward to the red carpet fashion yearly!

3. Christine December 17, 2013 at 17:01 #

Niki look is my fav from the the bunch

4. Serenity December 17, 2013 at 17:40 #

Niki looks angelic, and the drama of the ensemble plays nicely against her aura. I don’t like the way the Cavalli is fitting/looking on Nancy; I liked it much better on Liya. I really like the suit on Myolie; it looks very chic, and stands out amongst the other looks. But the pant length and messy hemming are definitely a fail. Though I noticed that even in the lookbook they appear to be too long on the model as well.

• easyBlake December 18, 2013 at 02:57 #

+1 Everything you said, yes.

5. Nat39 December 17, 2013 at 18:39 #

Niki’s look is the most fascinating but my fave is Nancy. I thought it was a bit heavy for the season when Liya wore at Cannes but it’s very nice and season-appropriate now.

6. kane December 17, 2013 at 19:47 #

Not crazy about anyone here, but I’ll give this to Myolie. The first gown is so dramatic, but I don’t think Niki pulls it off–at least in this one shot.

• julyol1972 December 18, 2013 at 06:15 #

Totally agree! This brings up one of my fashion pet peeves. On many occasions, the Asian actresses and entertainers are first to wear gowns that are gorgeous, and I think, perfect for the Oscars, SAGS, Globes, etc. But often times, they don’t have the height or presence to carry off these gorgeous gowns. So now there goes a dress that will now most likely never see the light of day again.

Case in point, this gorgeous Stephane Rolland! *Sigh*

7. dee December 17, 2013 at 20:07 #

I like Niki’s look.

8. Yeliz December 17, 2013 at 20:16 #

Niki Chow looks absolutely amazing. That is such an original ensemble, I love it. Nancy Wu looks good too.

9. k6wing December 17, 2013 at 21:59 #

I like Niki’s styling, but i dont think she can puff off the entire look. Nancy Wu’s look is my favorite here.