12.12.13

Zac Posen Pre-Fall 2014 Celebratory Dinner

Zac Posen Pre-Fall 2014 Celebratory Dinner

Zac Posen and MAC Cosmetics’ John Demsey hosted a dinner to celebrate the designer’s Pre-Fall 2014 collection at Mr Chow on Wednesday evening (December 11) in New York City, inviting celebs who of course wore his stunning gowns.

Dita von Teese: On this occasion I can find no fault with Dita’s look. I Iove that she opted for a deeper-red lip to complement the Bordeaux hue of her satin mermaid gown. The Van Cleef & Arpels necklace may be deemed too OTT, but that along with the fur shrug adds an even more glamorous flourish to her celebratory dinner-party look.

Uma Thurman: The actress also opted for a gown, selecting a pale-blue flutter-sleeve frock with a draped back and gathered waist, which she styled with silver embellished heels which dazzled as brightly as her chandelier earrings.

Both look sexy and glamorous, but Dita totally wowed me with her look.

Credit: Getty

Debra Messing In Christian Siriano - The New York Pops 31st Birthday Gala

Debra Messing In Christian Siriano – The New York Pops 31st Birthday Gala

Melonie Diaz In Zac Posen - 2014 National Board Of Review Awards Gala

Melonie Diaz In Zac Posen – 2014 National Board Of Review Awards Gala

15 Responses to Zac Posen Pre-Fall 2014 Celebratory Dinner

1. Noemi December 12, 2013 at 12:34 #

I hate real furs, but I must admit that Dita looks awesome as usual. The color of the dress is gorgeous. Uma Thurman looks beautiful, too.

2. Christine December 12, 2013 at 12:40 #

Love Dita’s look!!!!! She looks so good. BDOTW worthy.

• anonymous as always December 13, 2013 at 15:28 #

3. Pedro December 12, 2013 at 12:48 #

Uma looks gorgeous but Dita looks PERFECT! BDOTW

4. molly December 12, 2013 at 12:53 #

Why are Uma’s dresses always so short in the front? Its not because of her height, all designers will be willing to accommodate her height, so really, why is it that they never seem to be proper? Im the same height as Uma and I have no problem finding gowns to be long enough, and I dont even have access to designer gowns like she does. I feel like every great look is ruined because the length is never right and this is no exception.

5. CreoleLady December 12, 2013 at 13:38 #

Love how each gown complements the wearer’s coloring and figure. In the mood for rich winter textures though. So Dita ftw.

6. dee December 12, 2013 at 13:52 #

They both look gorgeous.

7. Rouel December 12, 2013 at 14:08 #

Take off that fur and i would vote for Dita.

8. Alina December 12, 2013 at 14:19 #

Dita looks so regal! BDOTW worthy!

• Rosanna December 12, 2013 at 20:44 #

9. Rebecca Z December 12, 2013 at 16:18 #

As usual, Dita looks picture perfect. But for mere mortals, I like Uma’s look better. She looks like a real woman,not like a cardboard cut out.

10. the ogre December 12, 2013 at 16:51 #

Oh damn! Both of them look beautiful but Dita just takes this to another level. From the rich wine colour of her gown to the softly complementing fur shrug to even the antique necklace, everything works in harmony. The hair and make up take this up another notch. After a long time I’m completely wowed by a Dita look. In the speechless way.

11. kane December 12, 2013 at 18:14 #

Both looks are winners for them. I agree though that Dita’s is a bit more spectacular.

12. Yeliz December 12, 2013 at 21:55 #

Dita looks stunning, although I don’t really like the fur coat, but I love the rest. Don’t really like Uma’s look and definitely not her pose.

13. Serenity December 13, 2013 at 02:07 #

I am truly impressed by both women here. Obviously, Dita looks more dramatic, and everything is just per-fect-ion. But Uma looks especially beautiful too–more so than I usually find her looks. That dress is so flattering on her, and the styling works well too. As much as I find them both stunning, I have to give this one to my fashion fave-Dita! She really can do no wrong in my eyes.