12.12.13 Screening

Catherine-Duchess-of-Cambridge-In-Temperley-London-David-Attenboroughs-Natural-History-Museum-Alive-3D-Screening 2

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge attended a screening of David Attenborough’s ‘Natural History Museum Alive 3D’ held at the Natural History Museum in London yesterday evening.

The Queen of Repeats wore her Temperley London ‘Amoret’ lace gown featuring a demure sleeve length and gently scalloped finish, which is a timelessly elegant choice for an evening look, especially on a cold, wet December evening.

However, this is the third time she has worn the gown. The first time was to the ‘War Horse’ premiere back in January last year, and just last month she wore it to the University of St. Andrews’ 600th Anniversary Appeal with her red McQueen clutch, so I am hoping that this gown, as beautiful as it is, is now having its final outing.

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Hollywood Reporter’s 22nd Annual Women In Entertainment Breakfast?

Dita Von Teese In Carolina Herrera - Van Cleef & Arpels Celebrates The Redesigned New York 5th Avenue Flagship Maison

Dita Von Teese In Carolina Herrera – Van Cleef & Arpels Celebrates The Redesigned New York 5th Avenue Flagship Maison

25 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Temperley London – David Attenborough’s ‘Natural History Museum Alive 3D’ Screening

1. Charlotte December 12, 2013 at 10:20 #

I think she looks great in here.

2. Noemi December 12, 2013 at 10:23 #

I like this dress so much, and she looks great with it.

3. Fiona-Brasil December 12, 2013 at 10:30 #

4. Valissa December 12, 2013 at 10:34 #

Does Catherine have a stylist? She must not if she keeps repeating dresses to public events.
    Not that there is anything wrong with that, she comes across as relatable and I adore her for it. Plus this dress is beautiful and she looks great in it.

5. Iva December 12, 2013 at 10:40 #

Although it’s repeating – I must admit she looks good.
    The last outing is the best for me (probably because of the hair).

6. Maybe December 12, 2013 at 11:16 #

she could at least change her hair!

• dee December 12, 2013 at 15:30 #

I agree.

• Vera December 13, 2013 at 15:24 #

I agree too. There is nothing wrong with repeating the dress, but at least she could try to make the complete outfit different. If she’s pretending to be one of us, she would know that even when we repeat dresses, we do not repeat outfits.

7. Christine December 12, 2013 at 11:29 #

Nothing wrong with wearing repeat looks but there is nothing wrong with wearing something new to events either.

Either way she looks elegant as per.

• Yeliz December 12, 2013 at 21:17 #

ITA. As elegant as she looks, I really hope that this is the last time we saw her wearing this gown.

• Serenity December 13, 2013 at 02:34 #

I don’t mind repeat performances either, but IMO, they shouldn’t be as close together as the last two. And I also think three times-for a Dutchess-is more than enough.

• Serenity December 13, 2013 at 02:38 #

I amend my comment, since several people have said that this was actually worn November of last year, not this year. That’s not so bad, then.

8. Anita December 12, 2013 at 12:49 #

She looks nice – safe as usual.

There is nothing wrong with repeating but when it comes down to Kate I feel that it is VERY contrived. She has a stylist and team who plan & calculate her every move etc., so I roll my eyes whenever they pull the “Look,I’m just like you” card.

• Pam December 13, 2013 at 00:57 #

Just because she is repeating a dress doesn’t mean she is pulling the “just like you” card. Most women don’t repeat their formal dresses, simply because they don’t go to that many formal events. The princess goes to a lot of events and to not repeat would be an absolute waste of money, time and resources.

9. Rouel December 12, 2013 at 14:14 #

Raise your glass for repeating gowns (although she could have changed the styling a little more).

• anonymous as always December 13, 2013 at 15:34 #

+1 She could have done some changes but I still love the fact that she wears the same clothes and keeping it as real as possible.

10. elaine2 December 12, 2013 at 16:15 #

I don’t mind repeating nice things but I’ve never been a fan of this particular gown. Maybe since it has been dragging on the floor, the bottom is ragged and it will go into storage. Can’t say the styling is very interesting, but this is the Duchess we are talking about here…..hiding behind a curtain of hair.

11. the ogre December 12, 2013 at 17:01 #

I really don’t care that she repeats her clothes. It doesn’t really remove from the fact that she has a high regard and love for fashion because she has made some scintillating fashion choices in the past.

It’s okay to repeat a classic gown like the one she’s wearing over here. It’s beautiful and timeless. She looks great in it! I don’t even care if she’s pulling a publicity look-at-me-I’m-just-like-you stunt because at the end of the day maybe she is just another girl wearing her one of her favourite dresses one more time.

12. Laura December 12, 2013 at 17:07 #

The second time she wore this dress was I November 2012 not November 2013.

I think it’s a gorgeous gown and don’t mind her repeating it but I would really like to see her in something else!

13. amanda December 12, 2013 at 17:42 #

I have worn the same dress to 3 different parties. Nice to see that I have something in common with the Duchess!! I find it very endearing that she does this knowing that it will be an issue with the press. No doubt about it – she is her own woman!

• Archana December 12, 2013 at 18:44 #

Aye! Power to Catherine!

14. kane December 12, 2013 at 18:23 #

Gorgeous dress–I’m happy to see it again, although this is its least interesting outing for me.

15. liz December 12, 2013 at 18:35 #

the st andrews university 600th anniversary was last year in november not last month.

16. Pam December 13, 2013 at 00:58 #

What’s worse, the princess repeating a gown or all of us obsessing over it?