Chanel Pre-Fall 2014 Front Row

Chanel Pre-Fall 2014 Front Row

Chanel presented their ‘Metiers d’Art’ Show at Dallas Fair Park in Dallas, Texas yesterday evening, inviting a host of PYTs to sit in the front row.

Kristen Stewart: On Tuesday night, Chanel announced that Kristen will front the Pre-Fall 2014 campaign, which is set to debut in May. It will be interesting to see how this news is received considering people had a meltdown when Blake Lively was announced as the face of their ‘Mademoiselle’ bags. As expected, the actress brought her “I don’t give a s**t” attitude to the event, going braless wearing a crop top and camel-coloured leather oversized pants from Chanel’s Spring 2014 collection. Even though it is styled almost exactly how it is on the runway, it lost all its appeal on KStew.

Dakota Fanning: Donning a Chanel Fall 2013 Couture look, the dress was styled differently from the runway, losing the belt, hat and boots in favour of a pair of satin Brian Atwood ‘Stearling’ platform slingbacks. Not to take anything away from her pretty frock, but the most welcome thing here is the braided updo.

Lily Collins: Having worn a bold lip all summer, the actress worked a gorgeous berry lip, wearing a Chanel Fall 2013 cap-sleeved embellished copper layered dress styled with the runway suede over-the-knee boots. Even with so much embellishment on her dress, she added an on-trend ear cuff to her pretty look.

Chanel Runway 2

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Blake Lively In Marchesa - Van Cleef & Arpels Celebrates The Redesigned New York 5th Avenue Flagship Maison

Blake Lively In Marchesa – Van Cleef & Arpels Celebrates The Redesigned New York 5th Avenue Flagship Maison

Maria Sharapova's J. Mendel Sheer-Hem Halter Dress

Maria Sharapova’s J. Mendel Sheer-Hem Halter Dress

49 Responses to Chanel Pre-Fall 2014 Front Row

1. Maria S. December 11, 2013 at 11:36 #

Dakota looks so refreshing here! Nothing special, but her hair and make up are flawless and I surprisngly like the dress on her. The shoes are a bit too heavy though…

2. m December 11, 2013 at 11:40 #

there is nothing i like here… boring dare i say…

3. Christine December 11, 2013 at 11:46 #

Kristen looks horrible.

Not liking the dress ad styling on Dakota.

Lily looks the best here.

4. Hannah December 11, 2013 at 12:06 #

How do you go from Tilda Swinton to Kstew? smh, Karl

5. Annie December 11, 2013 at 12:07 #

Not liking any of the looks to be honest.

I’d love to know about the decision making process Chanel went through when picking Kristen as its new face. She’s just not Chanel material (just like Blake Lively and Lily Allen). Give me Diane Kruger in Chanel over them any day!

6. Charlotte December 11, 2013 at 12:08 #

Kristen’s look could have been OK without the jumper around her waist and with a bra.

I don’t think Kristen/Chanel will be a good collaboration, like Jennifer Lawrence/Dior. I get that the brand wants to get a more youthful image but the attitude of Kristen isn’t working with Chanel spirit.

• Lena December 11, 2013 at 16:37 #

I disagree about JL. While they sometimes choose not the most flattering gowns for her, at least the campaign ads looked great and added youthfulness to the brand image plus she actually conveys emotions.

KStew on the other hand ….why would they choose someone who doesn’t seem to give a s**t to represent a brand.
      I think her dead face for balenciaga speaks for itself. Pretty sure this collaboration will be short lived.

• lea December 13, 2013 at 14:55 #

Her dead face is what is selling million. No wonder that Balenciaga just started another perfume and campaign with her name on it.
        Cry me a river

7. Andie December 11, 2013 at 12:46 #

Are you kidding me? Kstew as the face of Chanel? Can’t quite compute but its the Métiers d’Art Paris‐Dallas collection campaign. An awful collection but still. Ugghh.

8. sara December 11, 2013 at 12:48 #

everyone looks so bad…..can we talk about that collection tho…what even is that ? is karl seriouly jocking ?

• Anj December 11, 2013 at 18:58 #

Agreed. Dakota’s look is somewhat interesting but Chanel as a whole is so overrated. It all looks like something for a grandma but they’re trying to pitch to a “classy” 20-something year old. The pieces’ proportions are off, dowdy, and just not refreshing. I can honestly say Dior is better than Chanel even with their less than par recent offerings.

9. Hannah December 11, 2013 at 12:59 #

I like Lily’s look from the knees up.

But seriously, how do you go from Tilda Swinton to Kstew?

10. Ariadne December 11, 2013 at 13:08 #

Kristen looks absolutely awful here. No one looks really good for me.

11. Anne December 11, 2013 at 13:14 #

I’m not super thrilled with any of these looks, but wouldn’t say anyone looks terrible. What I can appreciate is that these three young ladies show how diametric Chanel is. Love it or hate it, it’s never one-note or boring .

• admmgz December 11, 2013 at 18:13 #

• towanda December 12, 2013 at 18:29 #

12. Michaela December 11, 2013 at 13:15 #

Kristen looks sloppy. Out of all of the Spring 2014 RTW looks, they picked that one? There were some she could have been stunning in.

I like Lily’s look! It’s very sweet and she picked a perfect lipstick.

Dakota’s dress pretty much drowns her (though to be fair, that’s definitely the dress’ fault; look at the runway model).

13. CTgirl December 11, 2013 at 13:34 #

Kristen looks like she escaped from a 1970′s Charlie cologne add. And not in a cute humorous homage kind of way. By tying the waist sweater so low it just looks sloppy.

Dakota’s hair and makeup are good but the dress is just too too much with all of the volume and folded embellishment.

Lily Collins dress suits her very well, despite being styled little blah but her hair and makeup are nice. She’s the only one who looks comfortable and I think that’s why it works for her.

14. dee December 11, 2013 at 15:18 #

I like Lily’s look minus the boots.

15. stella December 11, 2013 at 15:38 #

It’s a shame to call this Chanel -.- Kristen will be the face of Chanel for the next campaign: aside the fact that to me such jobs should be reserved to models, or at least to people that can embody the soul of a brand… IS THIS HOW YOU DRESS YOUR TESTIMONIAL???
    SORRY COCO…

16. ValS December 11, 2013 at 15:54 #

I actually had to laugh when I saw Kristen! Simply ridiculous

17. Marko_M December 11, 2013 at 15:55 #

I like all three looks cuz I love all three girls. I’m horribly biased, I know.

18. Cristina December 11, 2013 at 16:07 #

Kristen looks awful. Her worst look ever!

I love Lily’s look here.

19. liz December 11, 2013 at 16:34 #

how do the colors of the clothes change so drastically from runway to real life??? that crop top on kristen looks like it was washed 800 times!

20. Ahot December 11, 2013 at 16:35 #

Well, the meltdown is going to be EPIC considering who the new face is! lmao
    Time to slowly start looking for a successor Karl!

21. Deb December 11, 2013 at 17:26 #

Karl must be smoking Chopette’s catnip

• Serenity December 11, 2013 at 23:01 #

Love this! >^..^<

22. Yeliz December 11, 2013 at 17:57 #

Lily looks the best here, without a doubt.

23. Alina December 11, 2013 at 18:57 #

Dakota is my favourite here.

24. Livia December 11, 2013 at 19:03 #

All hideous looking particularly Kristen’s . Thank god she will be w chanel for only this campaign, hoping it will be short lived though. What a massive letdown/ downgrade from chanel for choosing this faker.

25. Nat39 December 11, 2013 at 19:09 #

Lily by default.

26. Noemi December 11, 2013 at 20:25 #

I only like Lily Collins, Kristen Stewart looks terrible as usual, those pants are really unflattering. The collection, for what I saw, is ugly. Paris-Dallas? Are you kidding? With all respect… Dallas?
    Said that, I really don’t understand the choice of Stewart as the ambassador of the house. I mean, I know that they keep on looking for young, famous people, so I wonder when Kim Kardashian or MIley Cyrus will be chosen, too. I think that giving all the power to just one person (Lagerfeld, in this case) is dangerous…

27. Serenity December 11, 2013 at 23:08 #

Kristen is just sad here. I can’t even speak on this travesty of a fashion crime.

Dakota looks very pretty, IMO. I’m so pleased to see her hair up like this, and I actually love the dress. The colors and detailing, the fabric–all beautiful. We’ve been seeing some terribly simple, non-couture-looking-couture lately. THIS is worthy of being called couture.

The same can be said for Lily’s dress. It’s gorgeous, ornate embellishment is what makes it couture-like. She looks great with the berry lip and I also likke the boots.

28. Jazz December 11, 2013 at 23:11 #

I literally felt nauseous when I read earlier today that she would be Chanel’s new face. At least she seemed semi-suitable for Balenciaga, but Chanel…? Disgusted. Lagerfeld has lost his mind with not only his representation of but also the content of this collection.

29. Maddie December 11, 2013 at 23:26 #

Couldn’t hate Kristen more, she is so insipid and lackluster, and the fact that Chanel is associating themselves with her says a lot about the brand itself. She is complete unclassless trash.

• lea December 13, 2013 at 14:49 #

Hate all you want, she has a Chanel contract and you don’t. She must be doing something right.

30. Alice December 11, 2013 at 23:51 #

Dakota looks awful! The dress is hideous, hair ridiculous…E! said she looks like a waitress at Oktoberfest, can’t agree more! She actually looks like an 80-year-old grandma who found a dress in her attic, rolled up her hair and said, I’m going to a party. So bad!

KStew is just unhappy to be there. She is a tiny girl but the outfit makes her look curvy and it’s very unflattering. Was she going shopping in Santa Monica afterwards? Who wears that kind of outfit for an event? It’s terrible! A girl with style won’t be seen wearing this around the house let alone out.

Lily is the only one who looks cute, although the photo is so dark, it’s hard to see the boots.

31. Judith December 12, 2013 at 00:11 #

Kristen Stewart has no sense of fashion at all, no style, she’s just a tomboy with beautiful but soulless eyes. She doesn’t transmit anything. Bad choice.

32. Mandy December 12, 2013 at 01:16 #

I think people are being far too harsh, kstews look is not good, but her previous chanel look at the fashion show was very nice. I dont think she will be bad for the brand, i actually though it was a hint that nicholas ghesquiere might be linked to chanel since kristen said she would follow him. I love that Dakota changed up her hairstyle and Lily’s look is quite nice as well.

• towanda December 12, 2013 at 18:30 #

33. Kathy December 12, 2013 at 02:35 #

I can’t believe Kristen is going to be the face of the Pre-Fall campaign. Honestly, that really irritates me. You can’t even argue that she’s “attracting a younger audience” because I’m pretty sure most of the 18-and-under crowd despises her (at least style-wise). Looking trashy seems to come naturally to her, and even when she puts on a decent dress, she sucks all the life out of it. She doesn’t belong in fashion, period. The outfit above is a classic example of her poor taste.

• lea December 13, 2013 at 14:54 #

Go look at sell of Florabotanica perfume. They just lunch another perfume with her name on it. Her name is selling. So please do your research.

This is business. The only selling point in Business is money. They saw how much money she brought to Balenciaga and they are trying to replicate.

She has a contract and you don’t. Her trashy self sell more that your pristine self.

34. Lila December 12, 2013 at 03:01 #

I actually think KStew looks great here. The styling is not my favorite but I think the edgy rebel look is exactly what Karl was going for by hiring her. If they had wanted her to be elegant or pretty she would have been. One thing- I hope they are not trying to bring back the shirt tied around the hips look. I thought that look rightfully died when I was in middle school and it is not one that has retro appeal or whatever.

Dakota looks awful. Who would put satin platforms with that dress? Those are practically prom shoes.

Lily looks beautiful. Does the dress make her look un-proportionally flat chested to anyone else? It’s beautiful otherwise so maybe it is just this shot.

35. Nita December 12, 2013 at 06:44 #

Kristen is neither edgy nor a rebel, she’s an immature poseur with a chip on her shoulder, and she looks terrible as per usual. I agree with Kathy, that girl has no business being in the fashion world, and I think a good majority of people despise her in general.

Not to mention these upcoming collections Chanel is putting out are just awful in general. Very disappointing.

36. Alex V December 12, 2013 at 22:56 #

Kristen wasn’t made for walking down red carpets, she was born to be the human versión of “Grumpy Cat”

• Serenity December 13, 2013 at 03:10 #

Funniest comment EVER!!

• lea December 13, 2013 at 14:58 #

And she is still making millions while you’re sitting whining behind your screen.

37. anonymous as always December 13, 2013 at 16:00 #

I love this colour on Lily and I like her make up.

38. Parvati December 16, 2013 at 16:39 #

Wow… who would have thought that a Chanel show would be so badly dressed?

Kristen Stewart’s look does nothing for her figure, it makes her appear much wider than she is and I won’t even comment on that look on her face.

Dakota’s dress is too busy and too cutesy for my liking and I really dislike the hairdo.

Lily Collins’ outfit isn’t that bad and I like the way it’s styled with these boots, but the dress is a bit shapeless and I don’t like the make-up.