10.12.13 Premiere

Felicity Jones In Christian Dior – ‘The Invisible Woman’ New York Premiere

Felicity Jones In Christian Dior - 'The Invisible Woman' New York Premiere

After a succession of black frocks, Felicity Jones gave us something different for ‘The Invisible Woman’ New York premiere held at the Museum of Modern Art on Monday evening.

Still opting for a minimalist frock, she wore a white satin sleeveless dress with a sheer hemline which was not sheer enough to be revealing.

She totally surprised me with a pair of hot-pink Dior pumps which ensured she was far from invisible on this occasion.

I had to sit and think on the white Dior clutch for a long while, and I’m going back to my first feeling that it doesn’t really work for me as it adds nothing to the look.

Working a shaggy bob, she completed her look with kohl-rimmed eyes and a glossy pink lip.

Does the British beauty win you over here after so many LBDs?

Credit: Getty

Hayden Panettiere In Paule Ka - Ein Herz Fuer Kinder Gala 2013

Hayden Panettiere In Paule Ka – Ein Herz Fuer Kinder Gala 2013

Emma Thompson In Camilla and Marc - 'Saving Mr. Banks' LA Premiere

Emma Thompson In Camilla and Marc – ‘Saving Mr. Banks’ LA Premiere

13 Responses to Felicity Jones In Christian Dior – ‘The Invisible Woman’ New York Premiere

1. Christine December 10, 2013 at 15:35 #

The shoes made this otherwise dull look. Glad she opted for the pink shoes.

• admmgz December 10, 2013 at 18:07 #

2. Charlotte December 10, 2013 at 15:36 #

I love the hair and the make up and that’s it.
    The dress and the clutch are boring, the shoes are OK.

3. kane December 10, 2013 at 15:46 #

Someone’s upping their game! I agree, it would have been boring without the pumps, which really make this look. But on top of that it’s also a non-black look for Felicity for once.

• Ally December 10, 2013 at 19:05 #

It’s the first time I enjoy the “sheer panel” skirt trend: with it not being so sheer. I also like the white clutch, keeping the shoes the main focal point. Nice makeup, could have a better hair.

4. gabis December 10, 2013 at 16:41 #

I love everything except for the hair. She wore a Dior one time and yet she’s looking a LOT better than most of Marion Cotillard’s latest Dior looks.

• Serenity December 10, 2013 at 20:10 #

She actually just wore a black Dior dress, last week, I believe, which was very sub-par. And about a month ago, I believe she wore another, much cuter, black Dior dress. But I get what you’re saying, in regards to Marion.

5. Nat39 December 10, 2013 at 19:06 #

I’m 100% sold. The dress is simple and lovely and looks great on her, the bright pink pumps liven up the look, and I think that the simple matching clutch is a good choice on this occasion as it doesn’t fight for attention or compete with the statement shoes that add all the excitement needed.

6. Serenity December 10, 2013 at 20:05 #

Loving the hair like this for a change, the makeup really brings out her best features-her eyes, and I think this white dress does way more for her coloring than black ever has. I love the pop of pink from the pumps–they do, in fact, ‘make’ this look. I’m not in love with the clutch, but it’s compromising the overall look for me, either. Very solid showing for Felicity.

• Serenity December 10, 2013 at 20:06 #

*NOT compromising*

7. the ogre December 10, 2013 at 22:23 #

Oh what a great change from her usual black outings even though I don’t mind at all when she wears black because she looks gorgeous! I love the addition of the pink pumps here. They lift the look and help me get on board with the sheer skirt. But I do agree with FC that the clutch was rather unnecessary. No problems with hair and make up too.

8. Yeliz December 11, 2013 at 17:36 #

I love this look except for the hair.

• Alina December 11, 2013 at 19:31 #