Evangeline Lilly In Alberta Ferretti - 'The Hobbit The Desolation Of Smaug' Berlin Premiere

Evangeline Lilly attended the Berlin premiere of the film ‘The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug’ (Der Hobbit: Smaugs Einöde) held at the Sony Center in Germany yesterday evening.

The actress made yet another spectacular choice, selecting an Alberta Ferretti Fall 2013 silk-tulle gown featuring full-length lace sleeves, asymmetrical gathered panels, and a tiered tulle skirt which was accented with a velvet waistband.

At first I was missing a sparkling clutch, but her stud earrings and gold bracelet, plus the red nails, are subtle touches which complement and enhance her beautiful gown.

Is something missing or did Evangeline present this gown perfectly for you?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Bianca Balti In Dolce & Gabbana - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Bianca Balti In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Carice van Houten In Christian Dior - European Film Awards 2013

Carice van Houten In Christian Dior – European Film Awards 2013

13 Responses to Evangeline Lilly In Alberta Ferretti – ‘The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug’ Berlin Premiere

1. Charlotte December 10, 2013 at 09:49 #

I prefer the dress on the model, without the lining. On Evangeline Lilly the dress is too austere.

2. Yeliz December 10, 2013 at 11:04 #

The lined version doesn’t work, I don’t like this.

3. AnnaLee December 10, 2013 at 11:15 #

I really like both looks Evangeline has worn so far. I like the lined version, the lining does not bother me at all! I think she looks very pretty and season appropriate. Thumbs up for me!

• Alina December 10, 2013 at 12:35 #

I agree with you. Even if Evangeline has done a great job during this promo tour, I can’t help to wonder why Cate Blanchett didn’t attend any of the premieres so far.

4. Christine December 10, 2013 at 12:44 #

Not liking this look

5. Prudence December 10, 2013 at 15:12 #

Bianca balti wore this to Cannes back in May and did a much better job.

6. kane December 10, 2013 at 16:05 #

I find the non-lined version far more interesting, but I can’t say I’m a big fan of the dress as a whole. Ruffles, uh.

7. Nat39 December 10, 2013 at 19:38 #

I think she wears this gown absolutely beautifully. I’m not missing anything (I’d even ditch that gold bracelet) as I can concentrate on the quietly mesmerizing beauty of this look on her statuesque frame. She is gorgeous in this look.

8. Sharon December 10, 2013 at 20:44 #

This is simply wonderful. I’m so glad she added lining to the gown. It makes it look much more dreamlike. Great choice for Evangeline.

9. the ogre December 10, 2013 at 22:04 #

Even I’m a bit disappointed about the lining on this dress because of which the details don’t stand out with clarity. Everything seems a bit mixed up. Anyway, as she looks quite pretty it’s a pass at best.

10. Serenity December 10, 2013 at 22:55 #

The lining ruined this otherwise stunningly detailed gown. I’m so disappointed. And where the hell is Cate??

• Serenity December 10, 2013 at 22:58 #

And look at that amazing backdrop. How I wish she hadd worn something amazing to play oof of it, a la Elizabeth Banks in her fire orange Elie Saab, bursting through the flames on the floor beneath her while promoting ‘Catching Fire’.

11. Cheryl December 11, 2013 at 00:03 #

Wished they used flesh toned lining instead of what she had at the premiere. The wonderful details are lost in the black. Still she looks amazing.