Cate Blanchett In Givenchy ‘For The Love of Cinema – IWC Filmmakers Award’

Cate Blanchett In Givenchy 'For The Love of Cinema – IWC Filmmakers Award'

Cate Blanchett attended ‘For The Love of Cinema – IWC Filmmakers Award’ during day two of the 10th Annual Dubai International Film Festival held at the One and Only Royal Mirage Hotel in Dubai, United Arab Emirates on Saturday after blowing us away at the opening ceremony.

On this occasion she opted for a super-simple Givenchy Spring 2014 black strapless jumpsuit featuring a draped detail sweeping down from the neckline to the right leg.

Wearing another watch by the host, she kept this look clean, styling it with a gold Roger Vivier ‘Paint Box’ clutch and black-and-gold twisted earrings.

After dazzling us with the statement necklace on Friday, does this feel too bare or (as always) did she play it right to go in the other direction?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

36 thoughts on “Cate Blanchett In Givenchy ‘For The Love of Cinema – IWC Filmmakers Award’

1. kane

Such a Cate outfit. The shoes are too mumsy, but she looks nice. Doesn’t compare to the Valentino though.

2. DM

Great pantsuit, strange shoes. But better than the runway ones! ;-) Cate’s hair is fab. A nice change from the previous heavy burgundy dress that I didn’t like.

3. Fiona

This could have gone so wrong if the tailoring had not been so perfect – the draping is just right and she wears it with aplomb.

4. mattison

I prefer the tailoring on Cate to the runway. Actually, I think I just prefer this look overall to her previous- the minimalism countered with glam hair and interesting earrings sells it to me.

5. Lisa

She always looks so elegant in everything she wears. I’m loving her makeup here and her earrings are to die for. BDOTW for me.

1. Serenity

Exactly. This is Cate perfection as only Cate can do it. It’s like a dress/jumpsuit hybrid, and I love it. On her, of course. I shudder to think how wrong this could’ve gone on someone else. The hair is impeccable, and I’m so glad she chose to wear it behind her shoulders. The earrings are artwork, and set the look off proper! Chills! BDOTW!!!

6. the ogre

I’m floored! Absolutely floored! She’s so regal that I want to cry. I mean it’s really tricky to pull off this jumpsuit. Only Cate can make it work like this. I love this! Everything is perfect!

7. Charlotte

She can do no wrong in my eyes so like always she looks perfect from head to toe and is styled to perfection (althought I would have prefer another pair of shoes).

8. Siri

I normally hate jumpsuits but she is making it work. It also helps that her styling is elevates this otherwise plain look to the next level.