Diane Kruger In Valentino Couture – European Film Awards 2013

Diane Kruger In Valentino Couture - European Film Awards 2013

Diane Kruger attended the European Film Awards 2013 held in Berlin, Germany on Saturday evening.

The German actress is used to topping the best-dressed list, but there is something about this Valentino Fall 2013 Couture offering which is failing to excite.

Considering this is an embellished Couture piece, the hairs on the back of my neck should be standing up. But, I find the embroidery a tad busy and I’m not a fan of the restrictive shoulder detailing or the sheer skirt-panty reveal.

Perhaps I would’ve been more enamoured with this look had it been sleeveless, or maybe because it is Diane I am trying force myself to like it…but it’s a no from me.

Coach Madison Caviar Framed Clutch

You can buy Diane’s Coach Madison Caviar Framed Clutch from Coach.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nicole Richie In Emilio Pucci - Lincoln Road Mall

Nicole Richie In Emilio Pucci – Lincoln Road Mall

Zoe Saldana In Lanvin - Niche Media Party

Zoe Saldana In Lanvin – Niche Media Party

37 Responses to Diane Kruger In Valentino Couture – European Film Awards 2013

1. serapart December 8, 2013 at 20:10 #

I couldnt like it either, its not flattering her body and I think it would looked better on a dark haired woman, like keira maybe…
    dont know why but the dress looks cheap on her, I prefer it on the model…

2. Alex December 8, 2013 at 20:14 #

I agree. There is something not quite right about it. I think the embroidery is too much and overwhelms her petite frame.

• SilentVisitor December 8, 2013 at 20:38 #

petite at 5’7”?

• Alex December 8, 2013 at 21:57 #

I wasn’t referring to her height. I meant the pattern overwhelmed her slim figure.

• SilentVisitor December 9, 2013 at 03:44 #

What about the model who is even slimmer? I do not think this dress can be worn by someone who isn’t slim but IMO the dress is ugly to begin with.

• Dhppy December 10, 2013 at 01:31 #

“Petite” refers to a small frame and short stature in unison, not separately.

3. shap_half December 8, 2013 at 20:35 #

While I think she’s still on pace to be this year’s most consistent, I can’t say I like this look. Maybe it’s the hair and the panty is definitely part of it, but IMO a rare misstep from Diane.

4. jo December 8, 2013 at 20:48 #

I think it’s the hair and the visible underwear that’s bothering me. It’s a shame cause it could have been a grat look

• chryssa December 8, 2013 at 21:20 #

• Yeliz December 9, 2013 at 01:37 #

Ditto.

• Alina December 9, 2013 at 13:58 #

ITA!

• Serenity December 10, 2013 at 02:13 #

These are my two issues as well. It’s a gorgeous gown, and I think it potentially could’ve been gorgeous on La Kruger, but unfortunately, that hair is ALL kindsa wrong. And though I’m no prude, and sheerness, by and large, doesn’t bother me, this is bordering on vulgar for me. A RARE misstep, indeed. Even the most perfect red carpet beauties can’t be perfect 100% of the time. Right??

5. Christine December 8, 2013 at 20:58 #

I am not liking this one.

• SilentVisitor December 8, 2013 at 21:00 #

6. Noemi December 8, 2013 at 20:59 #

There’s something I don’t like about this look. Maybe with an updo like the model. But no, I don’t like it.

7. DorianGray December 8, 2013 at 21:40 #

Instead I really like her here. It’s not the tipical Valentino we are used to see.

• amy December 9, 2013 at 08:31 #

I like it too. Valentino has been doing so many lace and tapestry inspired dresses that this one feels different

8. Angela December 8, 2013 at 22:11 #

The hair was a huge mistake. it is a total distraction from the already complicated neckline and it makes the whole thing go from fierce to a fail.

9. Nat December 8, 2013 at 23:27 #

I don’t know why would she think we want to see her panties. It killed this look for me

10. Emily December 8, 2013 at 23:33 #

I blame the hair…

11. Jess December 8, 2013 at 23:50 #

hair needs to be up & would prefer this on a brunette. And is it me or is the sheer yoke damaged?

• Serenity December 10, 2013 at 02:22 #

You know, I definitely think it IS! And I also definitely think that is the only explanation for why she wore her hair that way–to detract from the snags! I am willing to bet my favorite Jimmy Choos that’s why she wore her hair down. I just know it! And heck, maybe that’s even why she wore the black panties–to detract from the bodice! Ha!

12. Britta December 8, 2013 at 23:54 #

I so disagree! I’m in love with the look. I find it perfect in every sense. And I adore the sheer skirt – so beautiful! Go Diane – you are the best!

13. sarah December 9, 2013 at 00:29 #

I think this look is really interesting and different. I like the nonchalant hair and make up. I also think the busy dress needed to be under played in terms of styling. She looks relaxed and sexy in my opinion.

14. Cindy December 9, 2013 at 01:19 #

A definite no.

15. jj December 9, 2013 at 03:01 #

Somehow, the dress makes her look chunky. No for me.

16. june December 9, 2013 at 06:45 #

i don’t like the dress but the styling wasn’t helping. a slick bun would have sold it to me more.

17. Teleholic December 9, 2013 at 07:06 #

Definitely the hair. This look could have been typical Diane-fantastic had the hair been up or in a slick combed back high pony tail.

18. Valissa December 9, 2013 at 07:43 #

This was my least favorite piece in this collection. It looks more like Pucci than Valentino…very odd for a Valentino creation.
    I like it even less on Diane. The hair is horrid.

19. kane December 9, 2013 at 09:36 #

Wow, I’m amazed! I mean, the dress is ugly, what’s going on with the hair and visible black panties?! How would she even leave the house like this as the fashionista that she is?!

20. Quinn December 9, 2013 at 10:36 #

This dress is not flattering at all, she actually looks wider than usual. And i agree with serapart. I think this dress is better suited a dark haired woman.

21. Anne December 9, 2013 at 13:04 #

In theory, there is much to like about this dress. But, in practice it’s too much. And, I find her blonde locks and her coloring are not complemented by the hue of the dress.
    I do agree with FC’s suggestion that if it was sleeveless I think this could work. I’d even say a 3/4 length sleeve would have fared better. And, the hair most definitely needs to be up.

• gabis December 9, 2013 at 18:17 #

I agree. It’s a funny thing that I love this dress on the runway but not so much on Diane. Maybe it’s the skin tone thing you mentioned. Plus Diane has big shoulders which are accentuaded by the embroidery. That is not an issue for the runway model.

22. dee December 9, 2013 at 14:20 #

I think the dress has too much going with it. Her hair should have been slicked back in a bun or updo and nude panties or a lining would have looked better.

23. JD December 9, 2013 at 17:36 #

No. Just no.

24. the ogre December 9, 2013 at 20:34 #

I am very disappointed that she would choose to wear a dress like this. Completely unflattering and not at all up to Couture standards. Couple her choice of hairstyle and the panty-revealing style, I am in no mood to even consider this look. That Diane wore it just pains me.

25. Dhppy December 10, 2013 at 01:41 #

On the one hand, the dress is sort of ugly. On the other, it still fascinates me. Perhaps Diane is helping it, I’m just not sure. I appreciate the effort, though.