05.12.13

Michael Kors Milan Cocktail Party

Michael Kors Milan Cocktail Party

Michael Kors hosted a cocktail party at the Corso Vittorio Emanuele store in Milan, Italy yesterday evening.

Bar Refaeli: The model looked stunning wearing a Michael Kors Resort 2014 optic-white guipure-lace tunic and floor-grazing trouser combo styled with a white belt and a black-and-white Michael Kors ‘Hutton’ envelope clutch.

Carmen Kass: The model, who has walked many Michael Kors runway shows, provided the bombshell moment wearing a Michael Kors Resort 2014 open back dress with the same silver embroidery we saw on Katy Perry’s gown yesterday. She continued to shimmer with silver python sandals and a silver python clutch from the same collection.

Anna Dello Russo: The Vogue Nippon editor-at-large is back to her wacky-hat-wearing ways. Clearly her black-and-taxicab-yellow gown from the Michael Kors Fall 2013 collection wasn’t enough to garner attention, so she also donned a Piers Atkinson dunce’s hat with a furry pompom to ensure all eyes were on her. Anna styled her look with a gold Chanel bag and multi-coloured strappy sandals, which I love. You may remember that Kerry Washington wore this dress to the MTV Movie Awards. The majority of you disliked this look then; how do you feel now that it has been Dello-Russoed?

Credit: Getty

Hilary Duff's Current/Elliott Stiletto Distressed Skinny Jeans

Hilary Duff’s Current/Elliott Stiletto Distressed Skinny Jeans

Hayden Panettiere In Lover - 2013 CMT Artists Of The Year

Hayden Panettiere In Lover – 2013 CMT Artists Of The Year

28 Responses to Michael Kors Milan Cocktail Party

1. DorianGray December 5, 2013 at 10:40 #

Oh AdR, I missed you so much. Welcome back.

2. Jeremyrain December 5, 2013 at 10:48 #

I didn’t know Kors ordered a clown to his party. Clowns are ridiculous to me. Even when they dress in dresses.

• DorianGray December 5, 2013 at 11:06 #

What a boring world would be without a clown in a party, even a fashion one.

• Leo December 5, 2013 at 11:55 #

All Anna Dello Russo is missing is the red nose. If she gets one, she should never take it off, btw.

3. Christine December 5, 2013 at 11:00 #

Bar looks good. She is shutting the house down in that look.

Anna looks comical per usual.

• Denise December 5, 2013 at 11:12 #

Bar is the best dressed for me too. No words for ADR.

4. Alina December 5, 2013 at 11:17 #

Bar and Carmen look flawless. Anna is just ridiculous.

• dee December 5, 2013 at 14:20 #

5. Fanny December 5, 2013 at 11:58 #

I really like Anna’s shoes. I do believe though that they offer enough quirk for one outfit together with that yellow skirt. The clown-hat was totally not needed.

6. Noemi December 5, 2013 at 12:41 #

Bar Refaeli looks absolutely great, BDOTW worthy, for me.

• the ogre December 6, 2013 at 01:17 #

7. amy December 5, 2013 at 12:56 #

I’m digging Bar’s look here, she’s bringing it. her look is very Michael kors.
    Carmen looks fine
    ADR: no comment

8. gabis December 5, 2013 at 13:04 #

Overall I like but love none of these looks.
    Bar Refaeli is just too white, too matchy-matchy for my taste. Golden accessories would’ve worked beautifully with her ensemble. Too bad she opted for all plain white. I do adore her natural makeup and hair though.
    As for Carmen it’s the hair and makeup I have an issue with. I find them too casual for her look.
    And last but not least Anna Dello Russo with her usual OTTness. I like her shoes and bag but they surely don’t work together and neither with that dress. And if she thought her outfit was too discreet that she needed to add a furry pompom hat to get people’s attention then stop the world because I want to get out.

9. Julie E. December 5, 2013 at 13:18 #

I Think Bar’s look is so wrong that it’s right somehow, I’m surprised that I like it.

On a different note – the way the pictures are cut and put together made ADR look like a tiny Christmas-elf – it made me giggle a bit *<l:-)

• Anissa December 5, 2013 at 14:47 #

Agreed, I was just about to post that she looks like a Munchkin ;)
      PS Julie, perfect emoji choice too!

• Lisa December 5, 2013 at 19:08 #

That was my first thought also, makes ADR look silly – but she did that all herself

• Serenity December 5, 2013 at 23:36 #

Lol at emoji!

• Serenity December 5, 2013 at 23:41 #

I just looked again, and you’re so right. She looks sooooo odd!

10. kane December 5, 2013 at 14:16 #

Bar and ADR make the cut–for very different reasons. While I was never ‘under’ Carmen’s dress, I’m seriously over it now. I really don’t need to see it on a daily basis and I’d be very happy with it to be retired as of now. Thank you, fashion circus.

11. julyol1972 December 5, 2013 at 16:38 #

Bar looks beautiful, as does Carmen. Anna however, needs to take a few things off and start over! The dress looks great, but does not work with those fabulous shoes. Loathe the bag, and the hat is searing my corneas!

Some people can truly wear quirky hats with aplomp! Anna is not one of them. Her hats just never seem to complement, or contrast with what she’s wearing properly! Her entire ensemble is a NO from me!

12. Anita December 5, 2013 at 18:27 #

Ugh, ADR needs to have several seats. At 1st I liked the novelty of her aesthetic, now she just looks desperate and contrived with each outing. It’s time to switch things up, Anna.

Carmen looks great, so does Bar but I think its a tad too lacy imo.

13. Lola December 5, 2013 at 18:28 #

How to look like an idiot ADR. The worst is actually her incredibly horrendous posture. I’m not impressed by any of this…

14. Yeliz December 5, 2013 at 21:03 #

Bar looks gorgeous and is the best of the bunch.

15. Serenity December 5, 2013 at 23:39 #

Bar and Carmen both lookk equally stunning to me. ADR is having fun, which I think is important in fashion. But there’s also a desperate, attention-seeking element, which I don’t find at all attractive.

16. Amanda December 6, 2013 at 02:59 #

As much as I detest the clown hat there is an element of bravery in wearing something so audacious. I am not really sure what her rational is but maybe she is attempting to poke fun at how serious some take the business of fashion? Or maybe she was just booked to preform at a childrens party later on that evening? Whatever it is – it is certainly interesting

17. Dhppy December 6, 2013 at 04:26 #

Oh, Carmen Cass! Respect. I don’t really like her dress, but it looks so amazing on her that she’s bringing me around.

18. Alex V December 6, 2013 at 05:35 #

Imo, Carmen needs some hair extensions to let this look be even better. Bar looks amazing.

19. anonymous as always December 7, 2013 at 03:07 #

I miss Carmen Kass from the fashion world. She used to be one of my favourite models!