Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Roland Mouret  - 'Mandela Long Walk To Freedom' Royal Premiere

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (Queen of Repeats) attended the royal premiere for ‘Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom’ this evening in London’s Leicester Square.

She wore a Roland Mouret Fall 2009 long-sleeved ivory gown featuring a demure side slit which was a repeat.

You may remember that she wore this dress to the Thirty Club dinner back in May last year.

This time she styled the look with a statement necklace and black accessories.

I wanted to rejoice this repeat because of the rare sighting of the ponytail and Zara necklace (even though it doesn’t quite work with the dress for me), but when scrolling down she lost me at the black Mulberry clutch.

Both the clutch and shoes are way too heavy for this look.

Her styling of this look was far superior the first time around.

Now I understand why her last repeat was exactly the same from head to toe.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen - Queen Elizabeth II's Official Birthday

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – Queen Elizabeth II’s Official Birthday

Naomie Harris In Alexander McQueen - 'Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom' Royal Premiere

Naomie Harris In Alexander McQueen – ‘Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom’ Royal Premiere

37 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Roland Mouret – ‘Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom’ Royal Premiere

1. Silvia December 5, 2013 at 22:27 #

I love it, I think she looks much better this time. The ponytail really suits her.

• anonymous as always December 7, 2013 at 02:56 #

2. Sanya December 5, 2013 at 22:33 #

I am shocked by this hairstyle. It just looks bad.

• Nat December 6, 2013 at 15:28 #

Exactly. It looks like she made the ponytail herself and went to the red carpet. Anyway her look is as boring as usual.

3. Joy December 5, 2013 at 22:55 #

It’s amazing how the shoes & clutch COMPLETELY change the look of this dress. Love her hair back, but the ponytail looks a little unkept for my liking. A little like me on my way to the gym. She’s still lovely as ever though!

4. Sarah December 5, 2013 at 22:55 #

She always finds ways to ruin a perfectly good dress. With all the resources available to her, and he chooses these accessories?

5. Christine December 5, 2013 at 23:02 #

I like the styling the first time around.

6. Marybeth December 5, 2013 at 23:04 #

MUCH prefer the earlier styling — though it’s always nice to see her do something different with her hair.

7. gabis December 5, 2013 at 23:12 #

Overall she looks beautiful because she’s beautiful after all and so are the pieces she’s wearing but if you breakdown this look, it’s really a terrible one. The accessories are heavy including the necklace and the ponytail looks like something you do to get your long hair out of your face. Her styling was definitely better the first time. Also I much prefer the runway colour.

8. kane December 5, 2013 at 23:18 #

I don’t care for what she’s wearing, but for some reason I find her absolutely adorable on this occasion.

• Fiona-Brasil December 5, 2013 at 23:47 #

9. LeeAnn December 5, 2013 at 23:19 #

Wrong. Totally wrong. wtf with the necklace? Also to wear a dress that make her calves look huge ? And the shoes? Come on. Does this woman really not get style?

10. Yeliz December 5, 2013 at 23:27 #

The ponytail looked good from the front, but from the side it looks very messy and I don’t think that that was the intention. I like the necklace, but both the shoes and the clutch were definitely better the first time around.

• dee December 6, 2013 at 02:54 #

I completely agree.

• Alina December 6, 2013 at 05:21 #

• Iva December 6, 2013 at 08:09 #

11. Kathy December 5, 2013 at 23:54 #

She looks flawless. I don’t mind the black clutch and shoes because the ivory color of the dress is close enough to white that her accessories could pass for “contrasting” pieces.

12. the ogre December 6, 2013 at 00:36 #

I know that she has failed to accessorize this dress well but I just find it really hard to resist her charm. She’s lovely! That necklace is lovely. And that ponytail is a refreshing change.

13. Sophy December 6, 2013 at 00:36 #

I agree with you FC – it was so much better styled with silver accessories, don’t know why this dress makes her calves look thick which I know is not the case- far from it. But I do like this shade of off white on her – this is her shade not the colour of her dress for the baptism.Was relieved to see her ponytail holder is a ribbon and nit( horror) a scrunchie as I thought at first.

14. Serenity December 6, 2013 at 01:25 #

I couldn’t believe it was her when I saw her with a ponytail! I love the pony, and I think it’s done beautifully, I don’t understand why no one else sems to get it. I also think the necklace looks good with the dress and her hair up. She could’ve done better with the clutch and heels, but they’re not god-awful or anything. I think she looks really lovely. People are so hard on her, it seems, sometimes.

15. molly December 6, 2013 at 02:04 #

The hair looks great from the front but its simply awful from every other angle. They didnt even try to hide the black elastic band, they just left it there. I wish she had her hair in a loose bun.
    Agreed about the necklace, it looks like an afterthought.

16. McKenzie December 6, 2013 at 03:12 #

Dear God, why does she keep parting her hair in the middle?

17. mandy December 6, 2013 at 03:19 #

Hey FC, you wore this RM dress too right?

18. Kimi December 6, 2013 at 03:24 #

I was totally behind this look when I saw it, but then I compared it to the first time she wore it. Yes, completely agree with you. Her first time wearing this dress is way superior.

19. easyBlake December 6, 2013 at 04:00 #

I like the black accessories, makes the dress seem more winter white to me. I don’t care for the necklace with that neckline. I’m meh about the hair.

20. Prudence December 6, 2013 at 05:36 #

im so over her repeating outfits, if atleast she could have worn the blue version. second round was a total mess

21. Pedro December 6, 2013 at 10:13 #

She looks gorgeous!

22. Charlotte December 6, 2013 at 12:21 #

The necklace is Zara.
    i don’t like the clutch and the shoes but I think she looks great in this dress.

23. Sarah December 6, 2013 at 14:02 #

While I agree that the styling was better the first time around, it doesn’t take anything away from me here. I really like it and think she looks awesome.

24. Susan December 6, 2013 at 15:09 #

I’m OK with everything but her hair.

25. Tracy L December 7, 2013 at 14:58 #

I love the fact that she will wear a piece of clothing more than once.

26. elaine2 December 10, 2013 at 18:16 #

that dress looks better without a necklace. The necklace ruins the neckline of the elegant dress. Also, I don’t care for the pleated sleeve caps – they make Duchess’ shoulders look wonky.

Hate the hair, too messy.

She has a knack of making designer clothing look “off”. I hope she gets a stylist one of these days.