Keira Knightley In Chanel Couture – SeriousFun London Gala 2013

Keira Knightley In Chanel Couture - SeriousFun London Gala 2013

Keira Knightley made a welcome return to the red carpet yesterday evening for the SeriousFun London Gala 2013 held at The Roundhouse in London.

The British actress looked pretty wearing one of her favourite brands, Chanel, selecting a dress from their Spring 2006 Couture collection featuring sheer sleeves with embroidered details which she style with gold Jimmy Choo ‘India’ sandals.

If you’re having a case of déjà vu, that’s because it’s the same dress she wore at the 2008 BAFTA party and at her wedding, which took place in the south of France on May 4 of this year.

I like the fact that on this occasion the dress was modified to give it a new twist and differentiate the look.

Would you ever recycle your wedding dress for an evening out?

347743_in_pp

You can buy Keira’s Jimmy Choo ‘India’ Sandals from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Diane Kruger 'The Bridge' New York Promo Tour

Diane Kruger ‘The Bridge’ New York Promo Tour

Katy Perry In Naeem Khan - 9th Annual UNICEF Snowflake Ball

Katy Perry In Naeem Khan – 9th Annual UNICEF Snowflake Ball

27 Responses to Keira Knightley In Chanel Couture – SeriousFun London Gala 2013

1. Natalie December 4, 2013 at 10:17 #

Hah I love that she rewore the dress! She looks amazing as always. Love the new detailings with the collar and sleeves.

• Iva December 4, 2013 at 10:19 #

ITA
      She obviously likes the dress and looks good in it.
      She also wore it differently on each occasion, so I actually do not have déjà vu.

• Christine December 4, 2013 at 10:59 #

She looks cute!

• dee December 4, 2013 at 13:44 #

Agreed.

• Lex December 5, 2013 at 14:20 #

I also LOVE that she wore her wedding dress again! Fabulous! You can just imagine how special she feels each time she wears it out again.

2. Charlotte December 4, 2013 at 10:22 #

I don’t like the sleeves and I think these dress is really unflattering for her breast.

• Serenity December 5, 2013 at 02:31 #

This, not to mention how freaking strange and creepy it is, to me, that there are people’s (babies’) faces embroidered into that lace on the bodice if you look closely. Ehhh??

3. mokka December 4, 2013 at 10:27 #

This is so sweet! I really like her idea and yes, the styling is different every time. She obviously loves this dress, and what’s not to love? She’s like princess!

4. Pedro December 4, 2013 at 10:28 #

Keira looks flawless, as always!

5. Valissa December 4, 2013 at 11:01 #

She must really love this dress and I love that she keeps wearing it! I mean, if a “regular” woman owned a Chanel couture dress, you can bet that she will be wearing it more than once! Keira just comes across as very normal here and I adore her for it.
    Plus, the dress is gorgeous and she looks great in it!

6. kevinappears December 4, 2013 at 11:29 #

This dress is very basic. Although she has wore it for several times and even at her wedding, I still feel like it looks just okay on her, not ‘wow’. But who cares, maybe she just like the simplicity of it, and she’s happy wearing it is the most important thing to her.

7. msd December 4, 2013 at 11:33 #

I like the idea of wearing a special dress with happy associations in every day life. Unfortunately most wedding dresses are so over the top that it’s hard to find an occasion to wear them again.

8. Scarlett December 4, 2013 at 12:50 #

Oh I’ve missed Keira on the red carpet, feels long over due. I agree with everyone else here, I love that she’s reusing the dress. Why not, it’s Chanel Couture, she looks gorgeous in it, it’s clearly very easy to style ans change up and she loves it. You and I would do exactly the same thing, it’s a really nice to see.

• AnnaLee December 4, 2013 at 13:17 #

I totally agree, the dress is gorgeous. It’s great to see a celeb wear the same dress several times with a different styling.
      I love Keira’s style, I hope we get to see some more of her on the red carpet the next months.

9. EmmaWoodhouse December 4, 2013 at 12:58 #

I like that she rewore it. At the BAFTA party i didn’t like the styling, but I love her wedding photo–it looks like an ad for easy, breezy weddings–and I love it here!

• Alina December 4, 2013 at 17:34 #

+1!

10. kane December 4, 2013 at 13:09 #

I adore that she keeps wearing it, and also differently each time. But I don’t really care for the sleeves nor the shoes here.

11. Serena December 4, 2013 at 14:53 #

She looks so sweet and I love that she’s not “afraid” of recycling the dress! Super cute.

12. Nora December 4, 2013 at 16:30 #

Looks cute, I actually like the sleeves. Shoes are meh tho. The runway shoes are to die for.

13. kelly December 4, 2013 at 16:44 #

I love that she re-wore the dress and that she has this unique relationship with Chanel! one for the ages for sure. I also really like that clearly don’t treat fashion with too much stuffy-ness. she wears what she wants and always looks great

14. H December 4, 2013 at 17:45 #

I bet this dress costs as much as someones’s house so yes, she can wear it everyday, even for the gym if she wants to.

15. the ogre December 4, 2013 at 18:32 #

It’s so good to see her after such a long time and that too in such a gorgeous dress. I too love that she wore it once again. It’s probably the single most versatile wedding dress on the planet. I also admire the fact that she has styled it differently on every occasion. I love the addition of the ornate sleeves here. But the best was obviously the way she styled this dress on her wedding day. Excellent!

• admmgz December 4, 2013 at 19:08 #

16. Yeliz December 4, 2013 at 20:16 #

I wouldn’t recycle my wedding dress, but Keira looks good here.

17. Carol December 4, 2013 at 20:39 #

I got married in a short dress too (an ivory lace sheath), and I’ve already worn it many times after that.
    If the girl loves her wedding dress and still looks good in it, I totally approve recycling such special garment. One must only check if it’s appropriate for the event!
    Keira is the living proof that it can work! She looks awesome!

18. Noemi December 5, 2013 at 12:31 #

I like the fact that she has worn her wedding dress before and after she got married. It’s such a lovely dress, so why not?

19. anonymous as always December 7, 2013 at 03:21 #