Juliette Binoche In Christian Dior - 'Like Father, Like Son' Marrakech Film Festival  Photocall

Juliette Binoche attended the ‘Like Father, Like Son’ premiere during the 13th Marrakech International Film Festival in Marrakech, Morocco on Sunday evening.

The French actress joined Marion Cotillard and Patricia Clarkson by donning Dior, selecting a dress from the Resort 2014 collection.

Sadly for me, the look has lost all its appeal on the red carpet.

Putting the awful styling of the biker jacket and black pumps aside, the lined skirt, while necessary, loses the whimsical appeal we saw on the runway.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

19 Comments
Linda Evangelista In Dolce & Gabbana - The Children For Peace Benefit Gala

Linda Evangelista In Dolce & Gabbana – The Children For Peace Benefit Gala

Naomi Campbell In Zac Posen - 'The Face' Australia Photocall

Naomi Campbell In Zac Posen – ‘The Face’ Australia Photocall

19 Responses to Juliette Binoche In Christian Dior – ‘Like Father, Like Son’ Marrakech Film Festival Photocall

1. Christine December 2, 2013 at 13:26 #

Another terrible look from her.

2. Alina December 2, 2013 at 13:27 #

“the look has lost all its appeal on the red carpet.” – ITA!

• Sleepless in Chicago December 2, 2013 at 17:42 #

Agreed. The incredible lightness of the runway look ‘being” was lost in the red carpet version.

3. Charlotte December 2, 2013 at 13:31 #

I don’t get why so many people wear Dior on the red carpet ? It’s boring at best, often ugly !

4. zineb December 2, 2013 at 13:35 #

I would be delighted to see this look on the worst dressed list of the year

• Serenity December 2, 2013 at 22:29 #

I wanted to say the same thing. I officially nominate this.

5. LeeAnn December 2, 2013 at 13:45 #

This look screams Mom look except my mom knew how to dress. the jacket, the shoes, the length. All are hideous. I have been a supporter of Raf but I am starting to waver. For any body who is a lover of Dior look at the new Dior book of Mark shaw’s photographs from the 50’s and 60’s -you could wear the clothes now. I am beginning to lose patience with what Raf is doing and the pricetag he is commanding from these hideous clothes.

• CreoleLady December 2, 2013 at 15:02 #

Wow, if Raf Simons is losing you, that is a quite something. You have been an ardent defender. I will look for the Dior book you recommend to remind myself of what Dior once was.

• Lee ann December 2, 2013 at 15:34 #

I think Resort was the start of my discontent. I understand what he is trying to do I just don’t like how he is achieving it. Dior was a romantic; Raf is not. He is too structural/architectural in his reinterpretation. As a result the fit is very difficult and looks good only on very young girls. Also the prices have become insane.

• Serenity December 2, 2013 at 22:37 #

I absolutely agree. My undying support of Raf began with his very first show. I, as were others, completely swept away by the beauty and workmanship of that couture collection. However, he has steadily lost my interest and support more and more as each collection has been presented since then. The culmination of which peaked with his last couture collection. I literally hated almost every single look. Spring 2014 wasn’t quite as bad, but an utter disappointment, nonetheless. My feelings have been confirmed by many a red carpet appearance showcasing these pieces, the saddest of which had to be the series of looks worn by Jennifer Lawrence for THG-CF promo tour. Such a pity

• Kathy December 4, 2013 at 00:35 #

That’s interesting, because it’s been the exact opposite for me. I thought his first collection for Dior was immensely overrated, what with all the buildup and hype surrounding it, but I’ve slowly warmed up to him over the past year and a half. I adored his Spring 2013 couture dresses. Fall 2013 RTW was also one of my favorites of the season. Can’t say I loved Fall 2013 couture as it was rather incoherent, but I was quite pleased with Resort (I seem to be in the minority). So far Raf has been reinventing Dior classics with new materials and construction. He’s really experimented with unexpected fabrics and textures (like crochet dresses). To me he’s skilled in his own right, but I can see why so many people are displeased with the direction he’s going in.

6. kelly December 2, 2013 at 14:31 #

I don’t know, I don’t hate this! She’s added her own style with the jacket; the dress looks very twee and young on the runway, she’s toughened it up and added an edge. I don’t like that the jacket covers up that nice construction around the waist (the one thing Raf seems to be getting right) but overall, I don’t have the hatred others seem to…

• magdalena December 2, 2013 at 16:50 #

I agree, I kinda like this!

7. dee December 2, 2013 at 14:40 #

I like the jacket but that’s it.

• Yeliz December 2, 2013 at 21:29 #

+1.

8. Nat39 December 2, 2013 at 17:48 #

Horrible. She killed the dress with her tough styling that has nothing to do with it. The longer skirt is unfortunate as well.

9. amy December 2, 2013 at 18:05 #

she looks terrible, that’s a fact. But I don’t think she killed the dress. The dress itself isn’t exactly a great dress, the top looks lovely but the sheer wrap bottom just doesn’t cut it for me. bad dress, bad look

10. Nora December 3, 2013 at 17:19 #

Yeah… everything about this is bad. I actually love the runway version and I love Binoche (who doesn’t) but they should never have met.

11. Kathy December 4, 2013 at 00:41 #

This dress was my favorite from the collection, but Juliette ruined it with her poor styling. Where in the world did she get the idea of adding a leather jacket and heavy black pumps? Also, she didn’t need to line the skirt completely as it takes away the airy, lighthearted vibe of the runway version. What a terrible fit too. A dress meant to reach mid-calf goes to ankle length on her.