02.12.13

Alicia Keys In Toni Maticevski & Manning Cartell – ARIA Awards 2013

Alicia Keys In Toni Maticevski & Manning Cartell - ARIA Awards 2013

Alicia Keys wore two more looks on stage while presenting and performing at the 27th Annual ARIA Awards 2013 held at the Star in Sydney, Australia on Sunday; both were by Australian designers.

Presenting: Her second look was a black Toni Maticevski dress with a black structural detail at the hip, which she paired with black Giuseppe Zanotti pumps and drop earrings. Open-toe shoes and a shorter skirt would have improved this look for me.

Performance: Alicia’s third look of the evening was a Manning Cartell printed ensemble which consisted of a crop top and a high-waist pencil skirt accented with silver zippers. An on-trend ear cuff courtesy of Ryan Storer and the same black pumps completed this look.

Which look do you favour? The red carpet, presenting or performing?

Sadly, the styling let down all three looks for me.

Credit: Getty

Patricia Clarkson In Christian Dior -  'A Thousand Times Good Night' Marrakech International Film Festival Premiere

Patricia Clarkson In Christian Dior – ‘A Thousand Times Good Night’ Marrakech International Film Festival Premiere

Elsa Zylberstein In Zuhair Murad Couture, Elie Saab & Christian Dior - Marrakech Film Festival

Elsa Zylberstein In Zuhair Murad Couture, Elie Saab & Christian Dior – Marrakech Film Festival

9 Comments

9 Responses to Alicia Keys In Toni Maticevski & Manning Cartell – ARIA Awards 2013

1. Christine December 2, 2013 at 12:27 #

Apart from the necklace, I liked her red carpet look.

• Alina December 2, 2013 at 13:32 #

2. H December 2, 2013 at 12:41 #

I like how she has worn australian designers for the occasiom. I think it shows a lot of respect from her.

• Valissa December 2, 2013 at 13:08 #

It’s really thoughtful of her to wear Australian designers to an Australian event.
      I like the Maticevski on her…it fits her really well!

• Serenity December 3, 2013 at 01:46 #

+2, I was also thinking how appropriate it was of her to wear Australian designers for the event. Either she or her stylist really showed some savvy there. I like her in the first look the best, though I suppose it could have been a tad shorter. Also, I am not loving her hair like she has it here. But I’m digging those earrings! The second look is pretty good too, maybe not perfectly flattering, but not bad. I think her hair looks better here too.

• Serenity December 3, 2013 at 01:51 #

Ok, so I now realize her hair’s the same, so it’s just the angle, I presume.

3. dee December 2, 2013 at 14:36 #

Not crazy about either look.

4. julyol1972 December 2, 2013 at 16:41 #

Sorry, but Alicia is too hippy for many of the dresses she chooses to wear. And cankles is never a good look for the feet. I liked her Stella McCartney, minus the necklace, but that’s it for me!

5. Yeliz December 2, 2013 at 19:50 #

I prefer the red carpet look. From this two looks the one where she is presenting is my favourite.