Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior - ‘A Thousand Times Good Night’ Marrakech International Film Festival Premiere

Marion Cotillard continued her Christian Dior run at the 13th Marrakech International Film Festival in Morocco, when she attended the ‘A Thousand Times Good Night’ premiere on Saturday.

Dressed in a Spring 2014 design, she brought a wondrous jolt of slightly psychedelic colour to the red carpet.

The bold candy-striped, racer-back top was just the right streamlined, sporty offset to the matching tea-length skirt that ballooned out ever so faintly—and flatteringly—at the hips.

While the runway featured a dramatic, seaweed-inspired beaded necklace, the actress toned down her interpretation, keeping her accessories to a bare minimum and letting the ensemble speak for itself. A pair of lavender and black, ankle-strap Dior sandals, along with an effortless side ponytail, were the main flourishes here.

Did Marion earn her style stripes here, in your opinion?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cat Deeley In Sachin & Babi Noir - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Cat Deeley In Sachin & Babi Noir – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Naomi Campbell In Alexander McQueen - Japanese Tea Ceremony

Naomi Campbell In Alexander McQueen – Japanese Tea Ceremony

28 Responses to Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior – ‘A Thousand Times Good Night’ Marrakech International Film Festival Premiere

1. Christine December 1, 2013 at 23:58 #

Looking at the back, I am not liking the execution. This is definitely one interesting dress.

• Sleepless in Chicago December 2, 2013 at 17:53 #

Looking at the back, the look is b-o-r-i-n-g. We have seen this a thousand times. I also do not like the length – neigher her, nor there. The only redeeming quality are the pockets.

2. Christine December 1, 2013 at 23:59 #

I know she has a business obligation to wear Dior at major events but it will be nice to see her branch out a little.

• Amanda December 2, 2013 at 11:17 #

agreed! I pray for this tired business obligation to end.

3. Kathy December 2, 2013 at 00:20 #

I hate her shoes here. The strappy style mimics the skinny stripes on the dress, making the whole look very matchy-matchy. Otherwise I like the dress, it’s really interesting and has just the right amount of youthful flair.

• Kathy December 2, 2013 at 01:02 #

*top and skirt, not dress

• LeeAnn December 2, 2013 at 12:05 #

It is a dress. i have ordered it in a different colour without the asynetrical razir back-it is too long on her. The shoes are wrong and it needs the necklace.

• Jesse December 5, 2013 at 17:08 #

Top & skirt, not dress. There is however a similar dress in the collection. It was shown in blue stripes on the runway.

4. manolo December 2, 2013 at 00:44 #

dont like on runway then ,dont like on her now

5. kevinappears December 2, 2013 at 01:25 #

Just another stupid Dior dress

6. Prudence December 2, 2013 at 01:37 #

ohh god from the back it is even worst. terrible look, only the shoes are getting love from me.

• Sleepless in Chicago December 2, 2013 at 17:56 #

Agreed. The “have seen this a thousand times” detail on the back looks out of place and ruins the dress that is already a mess looking at the front.

7. Alina December 2, 2013 at 05:19 #

This isn’t too bad, but I think it’s more suited for a NY premiere or something, not a film festival.

8. towanda December 2, 2013 at 05:57 #

maybe too casual for a premier especially hair but i like it. she looks good

9. Faellie December 2, 2013 at 08:08 #

Looking at the picture showing her back, what strikes me is that Marion is totally unable to walk in those shoes with any sense of balance or posture. Which tells me they are a rotten pair of shoes.

10. amy December 2, 2013 at 08:09 #

this is better, not outstanding or great but much better. I like the dress

11. gabis December 2, 2013 at 13:22 #

I love the candy-striped fabric but this dress has a very unflattering design. Her styling is beautiful.

12. EmmaWoodhouse December 2, 2013 at 13:56 #

I think it’s a difficult dress to wear but she looks great. She really pulled it off. Her styling is spot onu. So glad she skipped whatever the model was wearing around her neck–it looked like seaweed.

• Lee ann December 2, 2013 at 13:59 #

Its a very beautiful beaded necklace that is so pretty in real life but . i went to the show. But I agree it looks like seaweed in the picture.

• Serenity December 3, 2013 at 02:24 #

I agree she looks very good. I’ve been waiting to see this dress worn, and I’m happy with this effort. I only don’t like the shoes-don’t think they work with this. I am also glad she didn’t wear that oddball necklace, which I too, think looks like seaweed.

13. dee December 2, 2013 at 14:25 #

I like the dress on her and I like her shoes better than the model’s. Her hair and makeup are lovely once again. Not an outstanding look but she looks really well put together.

14. Sandy December 2, 2013 at 15:21 #

What kind of contract does Dior make these women sign? I have seen other actresses endorse a brand but not be stuck with them for every event.

15. the ogre December 2, 2013 at 15:50 #

I think this is one of the few Dior looks that I really like. Marion hasn’t been giving us a lot of great Dior looks lately but this one hits all the right notes. I love how the dress fits her and the shoes are great with it! Simple and sophisticated Dior look.

16. Nat39 December 2, 2013 at 18:13 #

The look is nice but I can’t help but feel that she could’ve done a bit more, feels a bit plain and boring.

17. Yeliz December 2, 2013 at 18:37 #

I much prefer this look to the other one. It’s simple but gorgeous. Maybe not very event appropriate but I still really like it.

18. Dhppy December 3, 2013 at 01:09 #

I like this look a lot, and it’s not easy to sell me on Dior at this point.

19. Ash December 3, 2013 at 12:29 #

the problem is the dress. This dress is ugly.

20. k6wing December 3, 2013 at 17:00 #

The dress is hideous. it looks like a bathing suit :s