Naomie Harris In Burberry Prorsum - 'Mandela Long Walk To Freedom' Special New York Screening

Naomie Harris attended a special screening Of ‘Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom’ in partnership with Burberry and The New York Times, which was hosted by U2 and Anna Wintour at the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City yesterday evening.

The British actress looked pretty wearing a Burberry Prorsum Pre-Fall 2014 mint-green chiffon dress with a keyhole detail which she styled with brown Daniele Michetti sandals and a matching clutch.

This is our first look at a Pre-Fall 2014 look on the red carpet, proving that Naomie has come such a long way from her ‘Skyfall’ promo tour when she was wearing pieces that were three seasons old.

Naomie’s accessories may be a strange colour choice for some, especially when Burberry have shoes from their Spring 2014 collection that are the same hue as her dress, but the brown accessories keep the look distinctly fall-like so they work for me.

Credit: Courtesy of Burberry & Getty

Helen Mirren In Dennis Basso - 'Red 2' Tokyo Premiere

Helen Mirren In Dennis Basso – ‘Red 2′ Tokyo Premiere

Jessie J In Sarli Couture - Royal Variety Performance

Jessie J In Sarli Couture – Royal Variety Performance

21 Responses to Naomie Harris In Burberry Prorsum – ‘Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom’ Special New York Screening

1. Iva November 26, 2013 at 09:34 #

Love this h2t!

• Fiona-Brasil November 26, 2013 at 09:57 #

• Alina November 27, 2013 at 05:42 #

+2.

2. Charlotte November 26, 2013 at 09:35 #

I don’t really like the dress for this event and for this season.
    It’s a dress perfect for a garden party.
    Still, she looks great as usual.

• CreoleLady November 26, 2013 at 10:22 #

ITA. Shoes and clutch are deadening. Still, she’s glowing.

3. Agi November 26, 2013 at 09:41 #

To me the shoes are not a good match for the dress they make her legs look much shorter, and also to heavy for the style.

• SilentVisitor November 26, 2013 at 13:09 #

They make her legs look shorter when we do not even really see her legs?? how funny……….

4. kane November 26, 2013 at 11:08 #

I like the sandals, but not with this look. The dress is so mumsy in length and cut and the keyhole fails in spicing things up. Miss for me.

5. Christine November 26, 2013 at 11:36 #

She has definitely come a long way! Glad she was the first to wear Pre Fall 2014! She looks nice!

6. gabis November 26, 2013 at 13:06 #

I LOVE this dress but it’s not working on Naomie. Since she’s not tall enough to pull it off they should’ve shortened the hemline. The addition of the heavy ankle strappy sandals make things even worse.

7. kelly November 26, 2013 at 13:20 #

i like this colour but not so much the length.
    maybe you can post U2′s looks? they looked very handsome ❤‿❤

8. irving cares November 26, 2013 at 15:06 #

Wrong shoes
    Wrong length
    Wrong season

• dee November 26, 2013 at 16:06 #

I agree.

9. Yeliz November 26, 2013 at 15:09 #

I love both the shoes and the dress but they don’t work together.

10. Rebecca Z November 26, 2013 at 17:00 #

I love the shoes but not with the dress. The dress is okay–frankly I don’t think her breastbone is all that attractive so a keyhole bodice is wasted on her. I like the color on her, but that’s about as far as it goes for me.

• KatieKate November 27, 2013 at 03:18 #

I kinda’ agree. This reminds me of her periwinkle Vionnet that also plunged to show her bare breastbone. I found it quite unattractive then, and stiil do. She’s gorgeous-so why this style which just doesn’t flatter? Anyway, I love the dress, otherwise, and don’t even mind the shoes, though I never would’ve realized they’re brown, not black without your commentary, FC. Somehow, it works for me.

11. Nat39 November 26, 2013 at 19:12 #

Leaves me very underwhelmed, disappointing look for Naomie.

12. anonymous as always November 26, 2013 at 22:22 #

Ok. I looove, love, love the dress to the point I might look to buy it! But I think the whole look it’s too summery (what’s wrong with winter clothes and shoes???) and I find the styling very heavy for this dress. But she does look beautiful.

13. the ogre November 27, 2013 at 22:33 #

Ah well! To begin with I love the dress on her. Yes, it may be too light and floaty for this season but otherwise I see no harm in it. Her clothes fit her so well and that keyhole detail is perfect which is why I love this woman so much. As usual, the make up is gorgeous. Her shoes would have looked better if the dress was shorter.

14. royalpriestess December 3, 2013 at 23:50 #

“…wearing pieces that were three seasons old…” – slighty ‘snotty-nosed’ I think? Beautiful clothes are beautiful clothes, no matter how long ago they were made.

15. royalpriestess December 3, 2013 at 23:50 #

“…wearing pieces that were three seasons old…” – slightly ‘snotty-nosed’ I think? Beautiful clothes are beautiful clothes, no matter how long ago they were made.