Helen Mirren In Dennis Basso – ‘Red 2′ Tokyo Premiere

Helen Mirren In Dennis Basso - 'Red 2' Tokyo Premiere

Helen Mirren attended the ‘Red 2′ premiere held at the Tokyo International Forum on Sunday in Tokyo, Japan.

The British actress always looks very regal and elegant, and of course this was no exception.

Helen wore a Dennis Basso Fall 2013 long-sleeved taffeta plaid dress with scattered embroidery.

At first I wasn’t sure about the Vickisarge ‘Beatrix’ gold-plated multi-stone necklace, but then I realised that the necklace itself isn’t overkill: it’s perhaps the necklace and the earrings. Helen should’ve gone for one or the other.

Gold Gina shoes and a diamante clutch by the same designer completed her look.

Should Helen have taken one thing off?

431740_in_pp

You can buy Helen’s Vickisarge ‘Beatrix’ Gold-Plated Multi-Stone Necklace from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rachel Zoe's Rachel Zoe 'Azur' One-Shoulder Maxi Dress

Rachel Zoe’s Rachel Zoe ‘Azur’ One-Shoulder Maxi Dress

Naomie Harris In Burberry Prorsum - 'Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom' Special New York Screening

Naomie Harris In Burberry Prorsum – ‘Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom’ Special New York Screening

16 Responses to Helen Mirren In Dennis Basso – ‘Red 2′ Tokyo Premiere

1. Charlotte November 26, 2013 at 09:30 #

She looks great in this dress but the styling is a fail.
    The necklace AND the earrings AND the ring are too much, the shoes are boring and the clutch is not really pretty. I like the nail polish, a great touch.

• Christine November 26, 2013 at 11:35 #

Agreed. The styling is not good.

• Sleepless in Chicago November 27, 2013 at 16:23 #

The dress is gorgeous and needed just minimal amount of accessories, including standout shoes and earrings.

• spring November 27, 2013 at 02:59 #

I was going along with all the accessories, and then … I spotted the ring. I say take two things off. (But she still looks great.)

2. CreoleLady November 26, 2013 at 10:31 #

Love the hair cut and the necklace is a stunner. That’s a lot of jewelry.

3. kane November 26, 2013 at 11:10 #

I don’t like any of this. It’s over-accessorised and the dress itself brings back bad memories of chavs dressing in beige Burberry patterns from head to toe. No thanks.

4. Yeliz November 26, 2013 at 15:07 #

She should’ve taken the earrings off, the necklace is gorgeous and so is the rest, I love it.

5. dee November 26, 2013 at 16:04 #

I don’t mind the jewelry. She could have done without one piece of jewelry but I still think she looks pretty.

6. Rebecca Z November 26, 2013 at 17:01 #

She looks lovely, but I would have lost the earrings and gotten more interesting shoes.

• anonymous as always November 26, 2013 at 22:16 #

• Alina November 27, 2013 at 05:43 #

• Kaz November 27, 2013 at 10:51 #

Lose the earrings – and the tights!

Otherwise I like this classy look from the Dame.

7. Nat39 November 26, 2013 at 19:46 #

Not liking this, the skirt doesn’t suit her in this length/cut to begin with, and the necklace and the earrings are def. a bit too much together.

8. KatieKate November 27, 2013 at 04:02 #

She looks like she is having such a great time, which helps sell just about anything, IMO. However, tjis look was already pretty great to begin with. Not her best, mind you, but pretty great. While I definitely agree, that the baubles were overkill, I do think she nailed this look in nearly every way imaginable. One less item of jewelry? Sure. But I won’t nitpick someone this graceful and gorgeous at this stage of lie. Spectacular, as usual, ms. Mirren!

• KatieKate November 27, 2013 at 04:03 #

*life

9. the ogre November 27, 2013 at 22:54 #

I really like the dress on her and maybe I’m the only one but I feel the necklace is overkill. For me the earrings alone would have sufficed along with the shoes and clutch. Otherwise she’s as regal as ever. If ever I had even a pinch of that confidence, I would be blessed.