25.11.13

Kwai Lun-Mei In Alexander McQueen – 50th Golden Horse Awards

Kwai Lun-Mei In Alexander McQueen - 50th Golden Horse Awards

Kwai Lun-Mei attended the 50th Golden Horse Awards held at Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall on Saturday evening in Taipei, Taiwan.

The actress looked stunning wearing an Alexander McQueen Resort 2014 halter dress.

Alexander McQueen’s creations are always stacked with drama, and this floor-length white gown is no exception. The gown features an embellished high neckline and hip detailing, with a sophisticated nude panel which from a distance looks like a cut-out.

Striking with its silver-tone sparkles, the actress perhaps didn’t need to add the diamond-encrusted bracelet, but that appeared to be the theme throughout this event: one jewelled piece too many.

Credit: Getty

Juliette Lewis In Reem Acra - The Weinstein Company's Holiday Party

Juliette Lewis In Reem Acra – The Weinstein Company’s Holiday Party

Vintage Hermès Trunk Show

Vintage Hermès Trunk Show

14 Responses to Kwai Lun-Mei In Alexander McQueen – 50th Golden Horse Awards

1. Christine November 25, 2013 at 12:38 #

What a stunner! So gorgeous.

2. Nadine November 25, 2013 at 12:41 #

Is it too early for BDOTW?

3. Alina November 25, 2013 at 12:51 #

Outstanding dress! I don’t mind the bracelet.

4. gabis November 25, 2013 at 13:21 #

I’m totally in love with this look. BDOTW worthy.

5. H November 25, 2013 at 13:29 #

Wow, utterly stunning!

6. DM November 25, 2013 at 13:44 #

I like this a lot, don’t mind the bracelet. Chic, edgy,and unexpected.

7. Elle November 25, 2013 at 17:16 #

This is lovely! A little different, but she looks sleek and chic. Didn’t Britney wear this in black when she flew into Las Vegas to announce her big tour?

8. the ogre November 25, 2013 at 17:28 #

I’m stunned by how beautiful this gown is. The details at the neck and waist are exquisite. I think she looks gorgeous. I don’t mind the bracelet at all. Stunning dress for a stunning woman!

9. jeremyrain November 25, 2013 at 20:03 #

The gown looked so great on her much due to her slender frame and absolute femininity. I think the bracelet is needed because this column gown would feel pretty naked without a bit of jewelry- although it doesn’t have to be big like this one.

10. Dhppy November 25, 2013 at 21:48 #

This got an “OH!” from me. She took the wind out of me. This is a confident red carpet look. Sexy yet unwaveringly elegant. Beautifully done!

11. Yeliz November 26, 2013 at 00:25 #

The one thing bothering me here is the white thing on the nude panel. The rest is simply gorgeous, the embellishments are so beautiful.

12. KatieKate November 26, 2013 at 02:10 #

I’m not sharing everyone else’s enthusiasm for this look. I think the nude panel looks wrong-it’s not the color of her skin, so it’s worse, to me, than an obvious illusion panel, which people criticize endlessly if they don’t virtually disappear. This does not either. And the weird belt buckle-but not reallt a belt-concept throws me too. Certainly, she is beautiful, but this could be a better thought out/executed design.

13. FC310 November 26, 2013 at 08:32 #

She looked stunning and carried this gown with aplomb. The nude panel is in white and not supposed to match anyone’s skin.Its an interesting design element.
    As for the too much bling on the actresses, i’m sure its because the major jewelry houses want to have their presence on the Asian red carpet events as much as the couture houses.

14. Ash November 26, 2013 at 11:24 #

this was my favorite from the Golden Horse night.