Jennifer Lopez In Zuhair Murad  - 2013 American Music Awards 2

No wonder Jennifer Lopez didn’t walk the red carpet at the 2013 American Music Awards on Sunday evening; she had a very busy night performing and changing into three looks.

Look 1: Performing a tribute to the late Celia Cruz, Jennifer looked beautiful on stage wearing a custom Zuhair Murad Couture look. The bodysuit – designed to reflect Cruz’s legacy in salsa – featured beaded lavender fringe detailing and banded side panels of alternating silver and lavender crystal. If anyone’s gonna make this piece this work, its JLo.

Jennifer Lopez In Naeem Khan  - 2013 American Music Awards

Look 2: One of the other looks Jennifer performed in was a stunning Naeem Khan Fall 2013 black open-sleeved jersey caftan with an outstanding deco-beaded neckline and central slit, styled with nude lace-up booties and a high bun. No jewels were needed here.

Jennifer Lopez In Zuhair Murad Couture  - 2013 American Music Awards

Look 3: Off-stage, Jennifer Lopez continued to dazzle wearing another Zuhair Murad Couture look; this time the long-sleeved, bronze-beaded gown featuring a high neckline and open back is from the Fall 2013 Couture Collection, and she styled it with a complementary Swarovski bronze-crystal ‘Allegro clutch. The only thing that surprises me here is that she didn’t wear her hair up with such a high neckline. The uber sexiness and sheerness was expected.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ciara In J. Mendel – 2013 American Music Awards

Ciara In J. Mendel – 2013 American Music Awards

Miley Cyrus In Markus Lupfer - 2013 American Music Awards

Miley Cyrus In Markus Lupfer – 2013 American Music Awards

21 Responses to Jennifer Lopez In Zuhair Murad Couture & Naeem Khan – 2013 American Music Awards

1. Noemi November 25, 2013 at 10:37 #

She’s for sure a beautiful woman, but she’s tacky and I really dislike all that glittering, sparkling oily stuff she puts on her face and body. Too much.

2. Alina November 25, 2013 at 10:38 #

Look 1: WOW! Look at that body! Can’t believe she’s now 44 y.o.

Look 2: Stunning dress for this performance.

Look 3: Hasn’t she worn this dress before?

3. Charlotte November 25, 2013 at 10:57 #

look 1 : she looks great but I’m tired to see female singers half naked every time they’re on stage !
    Look 2 : Perfect dress to perform.
    Look 3 : I don’t like the contrast between the sheer panels and the brown sequins. I wish her hair was up. I prefer the dress on the runway.

• Jones19 November 25, 2013 at 13:01 #

Completely agree. The last dress is total deja vu.

• KatieKate November 26, 2013 at 05:28 #

I agree with this assessment, totally.

4. Valissa November 25, 2013 at 11:03 #

She looks amazing for her age…but there is nothing exciting about any of these looks. She’s been wearing the same styles in different colours for years now *yawn*

• Yeliz November 25, 2013 at 22:44 #

Totally agree with you.

5. Christine November 25, 2013 at 11:09 #

Love her third look. She put on a great performance!

6. crystal November 25, 2013 at 12:48 #

it could b just me, but consider both miley and j.lo doenst have much cloth on j.lo still managed to look 10 x times better than miley at age of 40s lol

• kats November 25, 2013 at 17:09 #

you’re comparing completely different body types. gross.

• KatieKate November 26, 2013 at 05:29 #

I agree. And I don’t really see what body types has to do with it.

7. towanda November 25, 2013 at 12:49 #

i’m so tired of seeing swimsuit/ underwear clothes on stage / on the red carpet.

8. H November 25, 2013 at 13:45 #

Guys please, she was honoring a late latina performer, obviously the sexiness and the glitter was needed and the hair and everything else. Besides, I bet she looks better than everyone else in anything she wears.

9. Prov November 25, 2013 at 14:46 #

In case you didn’t watch the show and understand why she wore the first look, it’s right there in the post for you to read. You don’t honor Celia Cruz in a pantsuit, and nobody is going to water down their own culture because of what you do or do not find “tasteful.”

• towanda November 26, 2013 at 09:25 #

i didn’t know Celia Cruz. Therefore, searched Celia Cruz and looked up youtube videos. But i never find a photo or video of Celia Cruz wearing like this.

• me November 26, 2013 at 10:51 #

Same…neither could I.

10. the ogre November 25, 2013 at 16:40 #

I love the regal and all-encompassing vibe Look 2 gives out. She look gorgeous!

I feel like I’ve seen Look 3 a lot of times before on Jennifer. Not impressed at all.

And I’m not even going to comment on Look 1. Simply beyond my scope of understanding.

11. Leti November 25, 2013 at 17:10 #

I think her first look is fine for a performance piece, especially in context. It’s certainly preferable to Miley’s look. My favorite is her second look because it’s a change of pace. I hate the third look–this type of look is beginning to feel repetitive from her.

12. Elle November 25, 2013 at 17:21 #

Favorite looks is the first. It is really revealing, but that is very J.Lo nonetheless. Question: Are the side panelings on her thighs actually a nude suit? Because it doesn’t match her arms etc…Just wondering if it’s the “illusion” of being nude when it’s not in reality.

13. Laura November 25, 2013 at 21:47 #

Miley is 21 and if there is ever time to experiment and dress like a fool its then. J-LO is 44 and to not know better that age than to try to compete with 21 year old in a ridiculous-costume-off – its just sad.

14. Push101 November 29, 2013 at 19:20 #

How are her stage costumes tacky? They are perfect for the performances she gives! No one does it like Jen! Killed it