25.11.13

Ariana Grande In Dolce & Gabbana – 2013 American Music Awards

Ariana Grande In Dolce & Gabbana – 2013 American Music Awards

Ariana Grande shimmered on the red carpet of the 2013 American Music Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday night.

The Nickelodean star wore a sequined Dolce & Gabbana gown that really popped as she posed for photographers.

A simple, black Jimmy Choo clutch, Sergio Rossi shoes and simple diamond earrings and matching ring completed the ensemble.

A subtle cat eye, a muted matte lip and her signature voluminous blonde pony kept the gown fun and flirty.

I would love to see Ariana mix things up a little bit with her red carpet hairstyles, but she looks lovely and age-appropriate.

Credit: Getty

Jaimie Alexander In Giorgio Armani - 2013 American Music Awards

Jaimie Alexander In Giorgio Armani – 2013 American Music Awards

Zendaya Coleman In Donna Karan - 2013 American Music Awards

Zendaya Coleman In Donna Karan – 2013 American Music Awards

24 Responses to Ariana Grande In Dolce & Gabbana – 2013 American Music Awards

1. Christine November 25, 2013 at 00:59 #

Her face is Adorable looking. Here she look like she is trying to sex up her image wearing mum’s clothes.

But this look is much much much better than her last outings, so this is Ok.

2. Malinda Wallace November 25, 2013 at 01:01 #

I can never get past her hair. It makes her look like a teenager, I forget that she’s actually a grown woman. It’s so “Sweet Sixteen” and makes everything she wears look cheaper.

• julyol1972 November 25, 2013 at 06:46 #

ITA! She is twenty years old, and constantly dressing like she’s thirteen. I really wish she’d stop! If this facade is just to appeal to her audience and sell records, she’s doing herself a huge disservice.

• amy November 25, 2013 at 08:33 #

the hair is just terrible. I was shocked when I heard on a TV show that she was in her 20s. She needs to cut or deal with it

• Sophie November 25, 2013 at 18:45 #

Same thing here! I thought she was 14 or something…

3. Natalie November 25, 2013 at 01:17 #

Why is she so attached to this hairstyle? Not a good look for a red carpet. The dress is pretty, but the styling falls flat for me.

4. AW November 25, 2013 at 01:24 #

She’s very pretty but her eyebrows always look gray to me…weird.

The hair is terrible, beauty queen and the dress is not far behind. I don’t want to see this dress on anyone else.

5. Yeliz November 25, 2013 at 01:37 #

I don’t like this at all. And she always looks like a 16-year-old to me, even though she’s 20 already.

• Alina November 25, 2013 at 09:04 #

ITA!

6. Saree November 25, 2013 at 02:05 #

Oh no, she really is a Mariah in the making. This is not age appropriate with that hairstyle. She’s like a Xtina when she started out.

But the hem of that dress to me is awkward. Not quite long enough to be considered a train, it has that strange appearance of being too big for her, the hair greatly enhances it too.

7. Mimi November 25, 2013 at 02:29 #

This looks like a 12 year old playing dress up in mommy’s closet, hair extensions and all..

8. Angela November 25, 2013 at 02:30 #

I hate to be the judgmental kind in fashion, but her hair is frightening. It’s just one step closer to her being a doll. That being said, the rest of the look is ok, nothing special.

9. KatieKate November 25, 2013 at 02:49 #

I am flabbergasted to learn that she is 20 yo. Can that be right?? Surely that’s not right. Because if so, NONE of THIS is right!!

10. Bolsa November 25, 2013 at 02:51 #

Stole dress from my Moms closet.

11. irving cares November 25, 2013 at 03:00 #

She looks literally 12 years old.

Therefore, what she is wearing looks WAY too old for her.

12. Eimear November 25, 2013 at 03:10 #

Why does she always have that stupid look on her face.. cant she smile?

13. Eve_V November 25, 2013 at 03:52 #

This hair will not look good on anyone past the sweet age of 5. Maybe 7. But not on a young woman, for all sake! I understand that she has one of those baby faces, and there is nothing wrong with that, but why would you accentuate it even more with that hair, and then wear a strapless sequined dress? They don’t make any sense put together.

14. Melissa November 25, 2013 at 08:25 #

The hair kills me. Not only because it makes her look like a doll but because her hair always looks like this – on and off the red carpet. Wouldn’t hurt to get a hairstylist and mix it up for once!

15. stella November 25, 2013 at 11:28 #

I don’t know where to start honestly:
    HAIR : perfect If you want to look like Barbie little sister… but however, she’s irritating me like Taylor Swift when she wore only the same curls, with the same kind and color of dresses. She has the possibility to afford any dress or hairstylist…than why keep on showing always the same thing?

DRESS: it looked good only on stage

16. The Dame Intl November 25, 2013 at 11:39 #

I cant believe she is 20. She looks 12. Love the dress but it’s too long! The hair is SO dated.

17. Leni November 25, 2013 at 16:52 #

She looks like she played dress-up and the hair is just way too much and too big and the wrong style. Not a fan at all.

18. Alex V November 25, 2013 at 18:41 #

OMG! Her hair ruinned her first grown-up look! The dress is gorgeous, but I wonder why she can’t get over that Barbie-like hair

19. anonymous as always November 25, 2013 at 18:48 #

No. Just no.

20. Namel November 27, 2013 at 18:58 #

I’s like her head and the dress are in different countries. :P