Nieves Alvarez In Stéphane Rolland Couture - 2013 Marie Claire Prix de la Moda Awards

Following her chic daytime look, Nieves Alvarez took glamour to another level while attending the 2013 Marie Claire Prix de la Moda Awards held at the Residence of France in Madrid, Spain yesterday evening.

The model and Solo Moda host wore a Stephane Rolland Spring 2013 Couture gown featuring a white body and a pewter sequined skirt with black satin panels and a spectacular train.

Wearing an appropriate amount of jewels courtesy of Chopard, which didn’t overpower her breathtaking gown, Nieves styled her look with a Jimmy Choo clutch and Stuart Weitzman sandals, with her hair swept up into a side-parted updo and kohl-rimmed eyes and a soft-pink lip colour completing her look.

We kinda lost faith in Stephane Rolland following Paz Vega’s look during Cannes Film Festival, but this look puts the designer firmly back on the map.

Credit: Elle.com & Gtres

Eugenia Silva In Delpozo - Yo Dona Awards

Eugenia Silva In Delpozo – Yo Dona Awards

Karlie Kloss In Roland Mouret - American Museum Of Natural History’s 2013 Museum Gala

Karlie Kloss In Roland Mouret – American Museum Of Natural History’s 2013 Museum Gala

21 Responses to Nieves Alvarez In Stéphane Rolland Couture – 2013 Marie Claire Prix de la Moda Awards

1. Ramsay November 22, 2013 at 11:31 #

Something seems off in this dress
    Would a belt have helped?
    It just seems schizophrenic with its 2 totally unrelated parts
    I like every part seperately but not the whole
    Maybe a belt would have helped to blend them together?

2. Christine November 22, 2013 at 11:41 #

She looks gorgeous but I am not liking the tail end of the dress.

• amy November 22, 2013 at 11:48 #

I agree. the two parts don’t blend properly. It’s like two completely different dresses put together

3. Sandra November 22, 2013 at 11:52 #

She looks STUNNING… i dont know how she does, everytime she appears, it’s like to see a divinity!

4. CreoleLady November 22, 2013 at 11:55 #

I def get what Ramsay is saying. Plus the neckline plunge could have gone so very wrong on the wrong person. But on Nieves Alvarez, this challenging dress goes straight to my BDOTY list. The styling is perfection.

5. The Very Simon G November 22, 2013 at 11:59 #

Wow wow wow, this is an amazing frock! Rolland is a great designer, so under used on the red carpet!!

6. Senda November 22, 2013 at 12:07 #

IMO the dress is modern, femenine and elegant. It plays with contrast in all senses: colour, texture, length and opacity. Nieves looks spectacular.

7. Pedro November 22, 2013 at 12:16 #

Wow wow wow!
    Amazing dress and Nieves always looks so fierce

8. kane November 22, 2013 at 12:28 #

Very polished look. But very deja-vu and the neckline is just such an obvious attempt to spice things up.

9. dee November 22, 2013 at 13:20 #

I like the dress enough but I think it would have been better without a train. More like a column dress. I still think she looks gorgeous.

10. H November 22, 2013 at 13:33 #

I never lost faith in this designs, and this totally works til perfection, she is shutting down the red carpet as she usually does.

11. Namel November 22, 2013 at 13:59 #

I Love it. The styling is perfect and she is working the hell out of it. For me this could have been BDOTY contender if it wasn’t for the other Rolland dress she wore back in February.

12. Yeliz November 22, 2013 at 15:52 #

She looks absolutely stunning, I don’t have any complaints. BDOTW worthy.

13. victor blanco November 22, 2013 at 17:32 #

so happy you liked FC :)

14. Alina November 22, 2013 at 17:42 #

BDOTY contender for me. Nieves and Stephane Rolland are a perfect match!

15. steph November 22, 2013 at 19:13 #

The change from solid black to sparkly black is quite jarring…I think it’s too jarring. I think it would’ve looked better if there was some gradation from the white to the black.

16. Nat39 November 22, 2013 at 19:25 #

I also think that the top and the bottom parts aren’t combined in a very pleasing way – looks like a random train attached to a LBD, and the top part doesn’t look very inspiring. It’s still a great look, of course, but I’m not wowed.

• Nat39 November 23, 2013 at 00:22 #

oops, I meant LWD.

• KatieKate November 23, 2013 at 06:10 #

I have to agree. It just cuts her in half. Were this any other mere mortal, and not the likes of a total glamazon, they would likely look completely stumpified.

17. Jess2 November 23, 2013 at 11:47 #

Gorgeous!!! Nieves always wears Stephane Rolland so well – her February look is on my BDOTY list.

18. the ogre November 23, 2013 at 17:30 #

Even I’m not very sure about the whole white and black mash-up. The train is a bit too long in my opinion. Her styling is fine and she looks great but for me her other Stephane Rolland look from February was far more superior. This doesn’t even come close to it by miles.