Elizabeth Banks In Jenny Packham - 'The Hunger Games Catching Fire' New York Premiere

Elizabeth Banks has really done nothing but pushed the fashion envelope—in the most stunning way possible—during ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ promo tour, including the most recent New York City premiere at AMC Lincoln Square Theatre on Wednesday night.

The actress again delivered a dynamic red-carpet entrance, even it was left field of her previous looks. She kept the glam, but exchanged the gown for a black two-piece outfit, sprinkled with a hefty dose of dazzle, from Jenny Packham’s Fall 2013 collection.

Indeed, the most alluring facet of the strapless, bustier top and matching pants was the flurry of glittery embellishment that shined across the bodice and shot down the sides of each leg like the most ravishing racing stripes ever.

What’s more, she didn’t clutter the eye-catching ensemble with a host of unnecessary accessories, opting only for a small black Edie Parker clutch and a minimal, but effective smattering of Lorraine Schwartz jewels. Even the black Christian Louboutin pumps didn’t leave me wishing for another, more exciting pair.

A teased, bouffant-style ‘do, along with that completely captivating pop of a coral lip, added another layer of drama to the sparkling look.

She stepped away from her run of sweeping, seductive and sublime dresses. Pants perfection?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jena Malone In Valentino - 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' New York Premiere

Jena Malone In Valentino – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ New York Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior - 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' New York Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ New York Premiere

31 Responses to Elizabeth Banks In Jenny Packham – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ New York Premiere

1. Christine November 21, 2013 at 02:16 #

Not liking this one. Love her lip color though.

2. Mandy November 21, 2013 at 02:49 #

She definitely knows how to shake things up. I think this is a very sexy and glamourous look. I can understand why some people would want the pants fitted but i like the unexpected harem style.

3. Prudence November 21, 2013 at 02:56 #

she should have been Jlaws stylist for this tour, cause she is fabulous while her co-star is a consistent mess

• Nat November 21, 2013 at 15:05 #

4. Michael November 21, 2013 at 03:50 #

I love THIS. What a great way to end the promo tour… with some completely different. The fit is flattering and the lipstick shade is great too. She knows just how to work it.

5. Anj November 21, 2013 at 04:52 #

This is actually a really cool outfit. I’m so impressed by her tour looks overall including this piece.

On another note, I just saw the 2nd Hunger Games movie tonight and it was amazing. Better than the first!

• Fiona-Brasil November 21, 2013 at 09:59 #

6. Ali F November 21, 2013 at 05:24 #

This probably isn’t my favorite look of Elizabeth’s from the tour, but by no means does that mean I don’t like it! What a fantastic succession of looks… not one bad one.

• Marta November 21, 2013 at 16:32 #

She isn’t tall enough to look good in this wide pants in my opinion. But this time her face is not that shiny – bonus for that.

7. bijuk November 21, 2013 at 05:24 #

I love how she always bring a surprise to the red carpet..in a a great way.. the outfit and the lip color have spoken for the rest of the look…

8. easyBlake November 21, 2013 at 05:51 #

confession: I love harem pants!! I just wish the camera hadn’t caught Elizabeth with the weird expression. And while I don’t believe in jewelry with strapless necklines necessarily, she looks bare to me.

9. Alina November 21, 2013 at 05:58 #

I love this! It’s the perfect look for a NY premiere.

With that being said, I think Elizabeth has been flawless during this promo tour (TV appearances, photocalls and premieres) because every look has been styled to perfection, perfect for the ocasion and perfectly worn by her. BRAVO!

• H November 21, 2013 at 13:09 #

My thoughts exactly.

10. kane November 21, 2013 at 08:13 #

She definitely pulls it off. I’m not crazy about the look on her face, makes it look very manish with the hair and this bold lip. But that might be just this one picture.

11. Yeliz November 21, 2013 at 08:30 #

J’adore this look. She definitely pulls it off and looks amazing while doing it. Can’t believe this epic promo tour is over. :(

12. m November 21, 2013 at 10:55 #

best promo tour of the year… she totally wows me with everything she has worn… love her

13. CreoleLady November 21, 2013 at 13:39 #

Love that she brought something different to the fashion table. I prefer this on the model only because the pants are too long on Banks, making the look more harem-ish than it had to be.

• the ogre November 21, 2013 at 15:44 #

My thoughts exactly. The pants look so much better on the runway. It’s different but I’m not quite sure about this on her. But I can’t say anything because she has just outdone herself the rest of the time. This pose, hair and make up make her look a bit like a Genie come out of a bottle and asking for a wish.

14. dee November 21, 2013 at 14:48 #

not my favorite look from her but I still like this. She had the best promo tour this year.

15. Camille November 21, 2013 at 15:08 #

She’s been killing it on this tour. This is probably my least favorite of all her looks. Wish the pants were less voluminous. A skinny cigarette pant with all that gorgeous embellishment would have been better.

16. Rebecca Z November 21, 2013 at 15:56 #

I agree that this is probably the least good look from the tour. I don’t think she is tall enough for this look–at least the pants are too long for her–if they fit better it might be different. Still–she’s totally spectacular in my book. Long may she reign!

• Rebecca Z November 21, 2013 at 15:58 #

Actually, other photos of her do better justice to the pants on her than this one, so my opinion is getting more positive.

17. Nat39 November 21, 2013 at 18:19 #

This is her boldest choice, glad it’s not another safely beautiful/super figure-flattering strapless gown. But I can’t say it’s a complete success, unfortunately. I’m not crazy about this glittery ensemble (there is a costumey feel to it, perhaps it would work better as a performance piece) and I also think that she lacks height to pull it off, it seems to be wearing her instead.

18. gabis November 21, 2013 at 19:16 #

Those pants look like fancy sweatpants. I love her styling but I wish she had opted for a colourful clutch.

19. Teri November 21, 2013 at 19:23 #

Unflattering !

20. anonymous as always November 21, 2013 at 20:22 #

I like everything but the fit of the trousers. It’s not her best look but she still looks great.

21. Cass November 22, 2013 at 00:12 #

Hands down, the Queen of Fashion

22. Danielle Prescott November 22, 2013 at 04:00 #

Well, now she’s just rubbing it in. This is fun.

• KatieKate November 23, 2013 at 23:01 #

Lol! So cute.

23. KatieKate November 23, 2013 at 23:00 #

She just cannot be stopped. I mean is there ANYTHING that this woman does not look amazing in??

24. bisbee November 26, 2013 at 19:26 #

I think the lipstick looks terrible – all you see when you look at her is her mouth.