19.11.13

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Orla Kiely – Only Connect Visit

Catherine Duchess of Cambridge Orla Kiely

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge paid a visit to the Only Connect and ex-offenders projects in London this afternoon.

Working a head-to-toe chocolate and caramel look, the Duchess wore an Orla Kiely ‘Birdie’ shirt dress with brown tights, Aquatalia by Marvin K ‘Royal’ weatherproof booties and a brown clutch.

Having a strong case of déjà vu?

That’s because Catherine wore the same look back in February last year on a school visit in Oxford, England.

While she doesn’t want her clothes to be the focus, especially on official visits like this, I wish she would at least switch up the styling of these looks, they are exactly the same.

Anyone up for a game of spot the difference?

Orla-Kiely-Frill-Ella-Bag-2

Credit: Getty & FameFlynet

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen - Queen Elizabeth II's Official Birthday

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – Queen Elizabeth II’s Official Birthday

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Temperley London - SportsBall

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Temperley London – SportsBall

31 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Orla Kiely – Only Connect Visit

1. Yeliz November 19, 2013 at 16:30 #

It’s a No for me, because of the whole look being the same.

• Alina November 19, 2013 at 18:45 #

It’s a “no” for me too.

• KatieKate November 20, 2013 at 00:07 #

Omg yes…..if. only she would change it up a tad, then the repitition wouldn’t be so obvious.

• Christine November 20, 2013 at 01:30 #

Very tiresome

2. dee November 19, 2013 at 16:33 #

Yeah it would have been nice to see different styling. Michelle Obama often wears the same clothes to events but she usually styles them differently when she wears something again.

3. CreoleLady November 19, 2013 at 16:41 #

I am so bad at spot the difference but I’ll give it a go. Maybe the denier of the tights? Hey, I’m stretching here, even the part in her hair is the same….

• LeeAnn November 19, 2013 at 16:57 #

The dernier of the tight should be so much higher 100 or so not 40 . My only positive to say about this hideous look is that her eyeliner is softer and missing from her lower eye. Baby steps. Baby steps.

• LeeAnn November 19, 2013 at 17:08 #

Oh wait -she restyled it by leaving the top button undone. WOW!!!

• CreoleLady November 19, 2013 at 19:42 #

LOL!

• Sophy November 19, 2013 at 20:43 #

For me the only difference is it looked better on her last year- don’t know if thats because it was new or that she looks much more tired now and its tight across her chest nowand her hair looked better on the last outing

• Sleepless in Chicago November 20, 2013 at 12:55 #

She probably keeps all pieces piled in the same place for ease of dressing. Accessories should reflect a woman’s mood; apparently, this is not the case here. She dresses like a soldier – always proper, with no thrills. I have to give her credit for dressing properly according to the protocol. I hope she has more important things on her mind.

4. Stephanie November 19, 2013 at 16:44 #

Could be a compliment to her. She looks the same pre- and post-pregnancy! But agreed… Even switching in some different accessories is something.

5. Mary November 19, 2013 at 16:59 #

Top button unbuttoned? :)

• Catherine Kallon November 19, 2013 at 17:13 #

Good eye, I had so glazed over, I couldn’t find anything

• elaine2 November 19, 2013 at 19:28 #

you DO have a good eye!

In the current photo she looks exhausted.

• Sleepless in Chicago November 20, 2013 at 12:56 #

Good catch! I find the dress boring in this color. Looks more interesting on the model in green.

6. Charlotte November 19, 2013 at 17:19 #

I think it was only the Queen who has to wear only one color ?

7. the ogre November 19, 2013 at 17:21 #

So blah even from her normal standards. I am not even up for spot the difference. It’s all a bit too brown.

8. helene November 19, 2013 at 17:36 #

Ho God she is boring!

9. Anj November 19, 2013 at 18:05 #

I dislike this dress whether is been worn once or a few times. The material looks like it’s worth less than $10 while I’m sure it was expensive to buy. I also dislike the 70s print of it coupled with the fact that it’s brown. Just a drag overall.

10. kane November 19, 2013 at 18:21 #

This was boring even the first time around, no need to repeat. Figure-wise, she looks great!

11. molly November 19, 2013 at 18:32 #

The thing that annoys me about her repeating outfits is how they act like she isnt always spotted shopping and buying new outfits. I get that its all part if her frugal image, but come on now. Anyway, I never cared for this outfit but what else could she have accessorized it with aside from a pair of brown pumps?

• arabeszk November 19, 2013 at 18:39 #

maybe her trusty nude LK Bennett Pumps?
      just kidding…:-)

• Nat November 19, 2013 at 23:37 #

Completely agree with you Molly. I don’t buy that image of her and this look is just as boring as all her looks plus those boots are dirty on the before and after.

12. elaine2 November 19, 2013 at 19:29 #

Those boots were tired last year and they continue to be so. I guess the Duchess doesn’t own a suede brush….

13. Always the same November 19, 2013 at 23:57 #

Catherine had ten years or so to prepare for this. Why does she never get it right? This whole concept of being “normal” and “frugal” is just ridiculous why did you marry a prince then? To even leave the house with shoes so scuffed she is so tacky and finds the whole process overwhelming, hence she is always touching her hair like a 12 year old girl. At least try or get mummy dearest who wanted this so badly to help you instead of dragging the royal family down all the time. Even Camilla dresses better than her at the worst of times.

14. Dhppy November 20, 2013 at 01:53 #

Though I think she does an admirable job on her own (especially during her pregnancy in which she never once took a bad photo), it may be time for her get a stylist.

15. Jess2 November 20, 2013 at 07:13 #

I have absolutely no problem with the Duchess repeating her dresses but I do wish she would switch up the styling at least.

• anonymous as always November 20, 2013 at 18:00 #

I actually like the fact that she dresses like an everyday girl (same clothes, repeating outfits) but I wish she had more fun with fashion even with the same pieces. She is young and has a nice body. She doesn’t need to look older or so conservative.

16. Susan November 20, 2013 at 14:56 #

Once is definitely enough for this outfit. It was boring the first time around but I’m sure I gave her a pass for the suede boots and tights. Consign to the thrift shoppe.

17. Laura November 20, 2013 at 17:37 #

I actually liked this outfit the first time round and see nothing wrong with repeating it again. You’re telling me that NOBODY has ever worn the same outfit to work with exactly the same accessories? That’s what Catherine’s doing here… representing the royal family on an official visit. There is a dress protocol to follow and I’m sure she has far more important things to think about on this occasion than worry about if she’s worn this dress with these shoes before. Maybe they’re comfortable and she simply liked the ensemble the first time round?
    The negative I could give about her appearance here is that she looks exhausted… completely understandable with a 4 month old baby at home.