Elizabeth Banks In Alexander McQueen – ‘The Hunger Games Catching Fire’ Paris Premiere

After a day’s grace from the red carpet, Elizabeth Banks was back with a bang for the Paris premiere of ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ this evening.

The fashion gods heard my, not so silent, prayer and granted me Alexander McQueen for the evening.

Elizabeth’s black halter gown with decorative, colourful beaded neckline and waist, which was also festooned with feathers, is a commercial look from the Spring 2014 collection.

The look is very much on par with all of her other looks so far, so how will I choose a best of this tour?

A McQueen clutch, featuring the same beaded work as her frock, shoes by the same designer plus Baccarat jewels completed her look.

You will find me weeping in a corner on Thursday morning when this tour is over.

Which would you like to see up for BDOTW?

Credit: Alexander McQueen & Getty

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture - 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Paris Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ Paris Premiere

27 Responses to Elizabeth Banks In Alexander McQueen – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ Paris Premiere

1. Christine November 15, 2013 at 20:48 #

Nice look but not BDOTW worthy. I would like to see her gorgeous Green Elie Saab up for BDOTW.

2. Yeliz November 15, 2013 at 20:49 #

Another flawless look from her, I really can’t get enough of Elizabeth in this promo tour. Even though I absolutely love this, her highlight was her Berlin premiere look for me. I’m looking forward to her LA premiere look.

• Francois B November 15, 2013 at 21:14 #

Same! I love the pops of colors ♥ She is amazing! Haha I’ll give you a handkerchief FC! There will be a 3rd promo tour newt year don’t worry :D

• Nat November 16, 2013 at 01:03 #

She looks gorgeous. She is the best of this tour and I agree with you.

3. kathryn November 15, 2013 at 20:50 #

Can we have a BDOTW that’s all Ms. Banks? If I must I would have to go with Elie Saab in Berlin. Bravo to Ms. Banks for bring the star power on the tour. I will be sad when it ends.

• Marta November 15, 2013 at 23:29 #

Agree.
      She’s on roll.
      And what I love about her is that she can pull off every single thing. She just has it in her, that extra something.

• Rebecca Z November 16, 2013 at 04:26 #

I second the all Elizabeth poll–but only if I get multiple votes! She has really been hitting them all this week. This is a fantastic and fascinating look and she wears it perfectly.

• Alina November 16, 2013 at 06:01 #

I agree with all of you. I just can’t pick only one look because I absolutely LOVE all her looks during this promo tour. Flawless!

4. Nat39 November 15, 2013 at 21:02 #

Another great look for Elizabeth, loving the sleek silhouette, the subtle colourful beading adding some interest and accenting her tiny waist, and how perfectly complementary the clutch is.
    Of all her looks, her silver embellished full-length Elie Saab gown was the most dazzling.

5. Christine November 15, 2013 at 21:03 #

Yes, The Berlin Stunner is also BDOTW worthy. Hard to pick!

6. SilentVisitor November 15, 2013 at 21:05 #

I think her 2 Elie Saab and this one all deserve to be on the BDOTW poll. She has been amazing…….just incredible

7. zineb November 15, 2013 at 21:13 #

I have a feeling her grey embellished Elie Saab gown will win this week’s BDOTW poll

8. Mandy November 15, 2013 at 21:18 #

Another great look, but the Berlin Elie Saab was my favourite of the tour. Im very excited for the LA premiere.

9. V November 15, 2013 at 22:04 #

This is my favourite so far! I expect the camera flashes made the iridiscent bits less outstanding than they would’ve been in real life… I so wish I could have been there! I love how moody, dramatic, yet elegant and not OTT it is. I am just OBSESSED with that feathery peplum detail – a haute couture touch that’s actually figure-flattering, whaddya know! ;)

• CreoleLady November 16, 2013 at 00:00 #

+1!

10. the ogre November 15, 2013 at 22:06 #

She is incredible in this look. I love this gown. So unique and radically different from the Elie Saab creations she wore. Perfectly styled, she looks gorgeous. In my opinion, this and the Berlin Premiere Elie Saab look both should be on the BDOTW poll.

11. ramsay November 16, 2013 at 00:08 #

As much as I have been critical of Elizabeth’s previous looks from the promo tour I must admit that I am much less so on this one – Firstly because I think this cannot be mistaken from an Oscar dress – Secondly and most importantly because I think this is the most daring, the most special, the most innovative of the dresses she’s picked so far – It is a great dress and I have to say she wears it beautifully (with a beautiful hair style – better than her previous hairdos on that tour) – It do predict that the Elie Saab gown will win the BDOTW poll though

• Valerie November 16, 2013 at 10:21 #

I agree. This is perfect for a big movie première. I also think it is less cliché than the Elie Saab, which was of course gorgeous but maybe a bit much. It is totallly in tune with her caracter, but not over the top.

I have to say that her make up is bothering me in all her looks. It feels like her shade of foundation is just a bit off.. But she looks so good that i can overlook it.

12. Thomas November 16, 2013 at 02:33 #

Love this look on her, the commercial pieces of the McQueen Spring 2014 collection are giving me life! And I know Tuesday there is a premiere for this film in Toronto and maybe on for New York? I love her and she has definitely caught my best promo tour of the year!

13. towanda November 16, 2013 at 06:49 #

both Elie Saab look both should be on the BDOTW poll.And London photocall look too. all of her looks were amazing.

14. Cass November 16, 2013 at 09:45 #

She keeps topping herself.

15. Elena November 16, 2013 at 09:49 #

For me, her Elie Saab look from the Berlin premiere should be up for the BDOTW

16. anonymous as always November 16, 2013 at 13:03 #

From all people in Hollywood Elizabeth Banks was one of last I would think she would be such a fashion idol! Congrats!!! She always looks great and she is not afraid to try new styles!

17. Heather Holt November 16, 2013 at 20:43 #

She has killed it! Especially the emerald green Elie Saab. Can Jen Lawrence hire Banks as her stylist?

18. Jess2 November 17, 2013 at 13:27 #

Love love love! I don’t know how to pick a favourite but I think the silver Elie Saab might take it by a hair. How I adore this women, a fashion goddess!

• admmgz November 21, 2013 at 00:22 #