14.11.13

2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Models Red Carpet Roundup

2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Models Red Carpet Roundup

Taylor Swift and Ciara weren’t the only ones making a splash at the 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, held at the Lexington Avenue Armory in New York City yesterday. The red carpet played host to a handful of the show’s leggy models, all of whom wore only slightly less revealing clothing than what was shown on the runway.

Lindsay Ellingson: Decked out in a structural burgundy-hued minidress courtesy of Mugler Spring 2013, Lindsay took a more futuristic approach to sexy styling. To lighten the mood, she accessorized with powder pink pumps.

Karlie Kloss: The statuesque model chose an off-the-shoulder, cleavage-enhancing LWD from Cushnie Et Ochs Resort 2014, and paired it with a white studded Rebecca Minkoff  ‘Coco’ clutch and black sandals.

Alessandra Ambrosio: The Angel showed off her toned physique in a red leather Anthony Vaccarello Spring 2014 look, which featured a daring open front and strange triangle-shaped detail at the skirt’s hem. Metallic pumps and a gold cuff bracelet completed the look.

2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Models Red Carpet Roundup 2

Toni Garrn: This gunmetal grommet-detailed look from Anthony Vaccarello’s Fall 2013 collection has been making the star-studded rounds in its various forms. Despite repeated air time, Toni wore the skin-revealing, one-sleeved LBD well, accenting it with a pair of black pumps and a silver cuff.

Sara Sampaio: Dressed in a printed bandeau top and ankle-cut trousers with a dramatically ruffled waistline — in matching shades of soft pink, no less — the model went a more whimsical styling route in an Osman Spring 2014 look. She finished it off with black pointy-toe pumps and a wristful of black cuff bracelets.

Hilary Rhoda: The newly-engaged stunner selected Prabal Gurung pieces for the occasion, rocking a purple floral Fall 2013 dress and dusty pink and mauve double-strap Casadei for Prabal Gurung shoes. A bold red lip completed the look.

2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Models Red Carpet Roundup 3

Adriana Lima: The Brazilian bombshell wore a one-sleeved colorblocked Emanuel Ungaro Fall 2013 look, which she accessorized minimally with black booties and a silver bracelet.

Izabel Goulart: As the only model of the bunch to go with a floor-length silhouette, Izabel wore a black cutout Versace Fall 2013 gown with heavy ruching down the front, slick sleeve material, and a serious thigh split. Patent black pumps rounded out the look.

Candice Swanepoel: The model chose an itty-bitty LWD from Alexandre Vauthier Fall 2013 Couture collection for her red-carpet appearance. The long-sleeved mini showcased cutouts at the arms and, as you may have noticed, one giant cutout down the front of the dress, leaving ample room for Candice to show off a long chain-link Lorraine Schwartz necklace. A small black clutch and strappy black pumps were her only other accessories.

Credit: Getty

Rinko Kikuchi and Rila Fukushima In Michael Kors - Michael Kors/Elle Japan Event #MKTOKYO

Rinko Kikuchi and Rila Fukushima In Michael Kors – Michael Kors/Elle Japan Event #MKTOKYO

Evan Rachel Wood In Robert Rodriguez - 'Charlie Countryman' New York Screening

Evan Rachel Wood In Robert Rodriguez – ‘Charlie Countryman’ New York Screening

39 Responses to 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Models Red Carpet Roundup

1. Iva November 14, 2013 at 14:33 #

For once – I choose Adriana Lima as the best dressed.
    Hilary Rhoda’s dress is not bad, but I don’t like the shoes.
    The rest is the festival of tackiness.
    And those outfits shown in this post are the ‘decent’ ones.

• sara November 14, 2013 at 21:22 #

I agree, those are the only two decent looks -not saying much! This AGAIN proves most models are made for the runway, not red carpet. I have yet to be more impressed by a VS model’s red carpet look over their street style.

• Noemi November 15, 2013 at 10:06 #

You’re so right, I would say “Tackiness like it was raining” (as we use to say in my country). I like Adriana Lima’s dress and I would have chosen Candice Swanepoel’s shoes.

2. Christine November 14, 2013 at 14:35 #

I only like Hilary Rhoda’s look.

• Alina November 14, 2013 at 15:19 #

+1. She’s the only one who looks good.

• anonymous as always November 14, 2013 at 15:19 #

Well she is the only one descent here.

• Yeliz November 14, 2013 at 19:02 #

• snowlion November 15, 2013 at 12:34 #

Agree. The rest is like a festival of tacky.

3. Charlotte November 14, 2013 at 14:38 #

A lot of uglyness and tackiness !
    Karlie Kloos : I hate the top of the dress, the neckline is too low and the key hole is tacky.
    Alessandra Ambrosio: tacky and extremely old-fashioned ! Plus, the ensemble looks really cheap.
    Sara Sampaio: awful.
    Izabel Goulart and Candice Swanepoel: So tacky. Adriana Lima and Lindsay Ellingson: are the best here.

Adr

• Sherry November 14, 2013 at 14:59 #

Agree!!!

• Sophy November 14, 2013 at 15:50 #

ITA

4. kane November 14, 2013 at 14:48 #

I really don’t like any of them.

5. Ayishaa November 14, 2013 at 14:59 #

Hmmm, the theme dressing for this event must be tacky and cheap cos they all look like that. Linsday’s look is the only look that gets a pass.

6. Pam November 14, 2013 at 15:14 #

Classy.

7. naama November 14, 2013 at 15:16 #

I haven’t seen such a collection of bad taste in a long time.

8. zineb November 14, 2013 at 15:19 #

Was there a dress code? “If it ain’t tacky don’t bother attending the show” or something like that?

9. amy November 14, 2013 at 15:25 #

VS= festival of tackiness. Hillary and Adriana look fine

• Noemi November 15, 2013 at 10:09 #

Festival of tackiness… so true, the fashion show is the ultimate tacky fashion event. Gorgeous women “dressed” like they’re doing the most ancient job of the world.

10. Jess2 November 14, 2013 at 15:44 #

So much flesh! Hilary has the best dress but the shoes aren’t great. I also like Lindsay’s look and Izabel looks ok too.

11. Prudence November 14, 2013 at 15:53 #

OMGGG YALL WHERE DID KARLIE FIND THOSE BOOBS????? FOR ONCE SHE IS NOT FRIGHTENING ME WITH HER SKINNINESS! Okay now the clothes…yes its tackyville at its best, all we are missing is Hedi Klum in some Versace get up. However they are all so effing good looking I aint even mad! If I looked like Candace I would most deffs be wearing that dress! My fave is Izabel tho!

• Marina November 15, 2013 at 00:22 #

lol This really did made me laugh. I thought the same about Karlie’s boobs :D

12. Cris November 14, 2013 at 16:52 #

no offence, they all dress up like hxxkers, probably the words on the street are true.. lots of bosses attended that party…

13. easyBlake November 14, 2013 at 17:19 #

I like Isabel Goulart and Lindsey Ellingson’s dresses, but I wish their styling equaled in edginess. Sara Sampalo would actually make for a nice streetwear look. And the more I look at it, the more I like Alessandra’s ode to Michael Jackson :-)

Am I missing something? Has the VS fashion show been elevated from a fun and sexy (a generic male-defined sexy) venue to showcase drawers to something else? Should we be expecting women in knee-length pencil skirts and button-up blouses?

14. the ogre November 14, 2013 at 17:42 #

Where is all the hate coming from? I think Adriana Lima and Hilary Rhoda look pretty damn good!

• admmgz November 14, 2013 at 19:44 #

15. Anne November 14, 2013 at 18:08 #

It’s a rather impressive feat that almost all of these girls looked classier when they were strutting down the runway in lingerie than they do here.

Props to Hilary Rhoda for being appropriate AND sexy.

16. Nat39 November 14, 2013 at 18:26 #

I like Lindsay Ellingson. Her eye-catching structural burgundy number is quite a standout and looks amazing on her figure, and she doesn’t look tacky, little bold choice – yes.

17. dee November 14, 2013 at 18:28 #

I don’t like one single look.

18. sienna November 14, 2013 at 20:06 #

I am struggling to find favourite. Was the dress code listed as ‘tasteless’ and ‘vulgar’?
    Adriana Lima is the winner but I think her hemline could be lowered slightly and then the dress would be more balanced.

19. The Dame Intl November 14, 2013 at 21:11 #

These women are so beautiful, why do they have to try so hard? All of their outfits are over the top slutty and totally unnecessary.

20. Nuria November 14, 2013 at 22:06 #

Candice looks terrible vulgar! What did people see in Karlie? She’s simply ugly. I think Hilary has the best look

21. sara November 15, 2013 at 00:27 #

Something else I just thought of: The whole hot pink backdrop and carpet add a whole other level of cheesiness. Some of these looks wouldn’t look as tacky against a white or gray backdrop I think. Its just such an awful clash of colors in images.

22. Valissa November 15, 2013 at 01:57 #

All these women are stunning and have amazing bodies…but why all the tacky dresses/outfits? I only like Hilary Rhoda, everybody else does not look good!

23. Parvati November 15, 2013 at 02:31 #

Wow… and I’m saying this in a bad way.

Models tend to favour really short, revealing dresses, but I still didn’t expect to see so many tacky outfits. I mean, there is not even one good look here!

The revealing cut-out on Karlie Kloss’s dress is ridiculous, Alessandra Ambrosio’s dress is too short and that triangle is just weird and Candice Swanepoel’s “neckline” is incredibly tacky.
    I don’t like Adrianna Lima’s look, nor do I like Izabel Goulart’s gown and I find Sara Sampaio’s look also ridiculous and unflattering.

Lindsay Ellingson’s outfit is a bit better than the rest, although I think these shoes aren’t right for this outfit. Toni Garn’s dress isnt’t that bad, but we’ve seen it many times before. As for Hilary Rhoda, whose style I’m a fan, her outfit’s not bad, but she could have done so much better. Still, compared to the rest, she was the best dressed at this event.

24. gabis November 15, 2013 at 02:34 #

I think Alessandra Ambrosio tried to pull a “Anja Rubik at the 2013 MET Gala” but she failed miserably.
    I only like Lindsay Ellingson even though I think the dress could’ve been longer.
    Adriana Lima looks nice if you ignore the horrendous booties.

25. Tiv November 15, 2013 at 06:49 #

Sexy jawlines galore!

26. LM November 16, 2013 at 03:19 #

Disastrous yet again- is this an annual theme- save for Lily Aldridge and Magdalena Frackowiak (not featured here).

27. Reez November 16, 2013 at 15:46 #

they are like totally from out of this world!

28. asin November 16, 2013 at 22:17 #