Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior - ‘The Hunger Games Catching Fire’ Madrid Premiere

On day three of ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ promo tour, Jennifer Lawrence attended the Madrid premiere held at the Callao Cinema in Spain this evening.

It’s also her third Dior look, this time selecting a simple strapless navy-blue bustier gown with an asymmetrical sheer skirt from the Resort 2014 collection.

I would’ve been tempted to add some statement pieces to this look but, as we have witnessed during this promo tour, Jennifer’s looks aren’t about trinkets.

She did, however, add an edgy pair of spiked Anthony Vaccarello sandals with Ana Khouri black-diamond wing earrings and a Rona Pfeiffer ring.

On this occasion her hair had a windswept swoosh, with navy eyeliner bringing out her blue eyes and a glossy pink lip rounding out the look.

Are you charmed by the quiet elegance? Or are you still thirsty for more?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cat Deeley In Sachin & Babi Noir - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Cat Deeley In Sachin & Babi Noir – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ Madrid Premiere Menswear Roundup

‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ Madrid Premiere Menswear Roundup

63 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ Madrid Premiere

1. Chloe November 13, 2013 at 22:04 #

I love this so much. One of her best looks. Absolutely amazing. BDOTW

• Anj November 13, 2013 at 22:48 #

I agree. This is definitely the best look of her tour. She looks fierce!

• Sleepless in Chicago November 16, 2013 at 16:05 #

Fierce was the first adjective that came to mind. Then also young, feminine, charismatic, and totally unique.

• jo November 13, 2013 at 23:43 #

• anonymous as always November 13, 2013 at 23:55 #

+2 She looks amazing!!!!! Those earrings!!! And killer shoes… literally XD

• sara November 14, 2013 at 00:31 #

Agreed, best so far. She looks fierce!

2. amy November 13, 2013 at 22:09 #

this is nice and the hair really adds a rock’n’roll vibe to the outfit. Her outfits are getting better

3. pinksugar November 13, 2013 at 22:11 #

Can she please give Dior a rest? I mean yes, we all get the connection but the collaboration always falls flat. This is no exception. The variety and fun she gave during the first promo tour is putting this one to shame.

• leila November 14, 2013 at 03:41 #

Coudln’t agree more!

• ay November 14, 2013 at 04:45 #

The Dior/zoe collaboration is totally messing up her big moments.. So dull compared to the first promo tour.. I kinda feel sorry for her..

4. ok November 13, 2013 at 22:14 #

She looks amazing! And I love the hair like this!

5. kate November 13, 2013 at 22:19 #

FINALLY she looks good in dior during this promo tour. she should’ve worn that to the world premiere.

• admmgz November 13, 2013 at 23:24 #

• Mandy November 14, 2013 at 00:01 #

+2 she should style her hair like this more often as well, it’s more youthful

6. kathryn November 13, 2013 at 22:23 #

Boring with a capital B! I keep expecting to be wowed, but instead this just gets a meh…I like her makeup!

7. Yeliz November 13, 2013 at 22:23 #

This is definitely the best of her three Dior looks at this promo tour. It’s both youthful and not boring. She looks great, cool styling.

• NooG November 14, 2013 at 00:05 #

• dee November 14, 2013 at 13:17 #

8. AnderBoBo November 13, 2013 at 22:24 #

While I agree that this is the most successful of her Dior outings as of late I miss the DRAMA of her last promo tour. I am praying for another Prabal Gurung moment!!

• Petra November 13, 2013 at 22:29 #

• Marta November 13, 2013 at 23:32 #

I agree.

• Niki November 14, 2013 at 07:31 #

Couldn’t agree more. This is lovely, the best of the 3 Dior looks, but when compared to THAT gold Prabal Gurung dress… She proved Dior and her can be amazing at he Oscars, her stylist just needs to remember she is in her early 20s, not her early 40s!

• Leti November 14, 2013 at 18:14 #

+1 I like this. There’s nothing groundbreaking here, except by comparison to most of her other Dior looks, which tend to be unflattering. I love that she took advantage of the sheer skirt by wearing fun shoes. I also like her hair and makeup here.

9. Christine November 13, 2013 at 22:26 #

She looks much better here. Her hair is even looks good.

10. Anita November 13, 2013 at 22:28 #

She looks good, a definite improvement, and probably one of her better Dior looks. But I’m still waiting for the WOW moment – I mean with all the access that she’s afforded due to her stature in hollywood, it’s really disappointing to see her look so MEH. Which has just been made even more evident on this promo tour as Elizabeth has been killing it.

Her Dior contract needs to be re-evaluated imo.

11. Maz November 13, 2013 at 22:31 #

The runway shoes would’ve added a more youthful flare but it is a little better suited to her shape and personality than the other two Dior efforts. However…what Elizabeth Banks does so well is reflect the themes of the movie in her clothes and that’s what Jennifer’s Prabal gave us last time…that’s what’s missing for me in all these nice enough but pretty plain fabrics of her Dior choices. Bring on the fire!

• Valerie November 14, 2013 at 12:14 #

I actually disagree. I think that she channels the theme of the movie perfectly in this look. It’s a bit dark, yet very modern and edgy. She’s got this “don’t mess with me” vibe going on, while still looking sexy. Totally fits the picture behind her IMO.

I love this look, het best since this promo tour. I know a lot of people are sick of her in Dior, but she can look stunning. She just has to pick the right dress AND accesories, which was the case here.

12. Ramsay November 13, 2013 at 22:32 #

I love her make-up today more than the two other days
    With these exclusive collaborations you wonder what the job of a stylist entails these days – sure there is the styling of the look – but selecting the outfit and creating a signature style used to be the main focus and challenge for a stylist – this is what differentiated the good stylists from the bad stylists – nowadays their options are very narrow and the style they can create for their client is limited by the signature look of the brand their client represents – and any look by a celebrity used to mean more than what it does now because it inplied a choice and therefore an natural affinity to a brand not a contractual obligation to wear a dress…

13. Serena November 13, 2013 at 22:34 #

I love this look! I think that with the “crazy” hair and big hearrings and spiked heels, she didn’t need anything else to make this work. Lovely!

• Malinda Jane November 13, 2013 at 22:58 #

I agree! The styling really makes this look

• easyBlake November 14, 2013 at 17:27 #

+ 2

14. Natalie November 13, 2013 at 22:42 #

Is anybody else getting déjà vu?! This dress just looks like the undone version of her SAG Awards gown. Exact same colour and material, this is almost what her gown could have looked like if she had actually ripped her dress. I much prefer the white Dior coat dress if I had to chose out of the three looks so far.

15. kane November 13, 2013 at 23:06 #

YES! I love the walking effect on the runway and Jennifer owns it. I even want to believe (well, only quarter-seriously) that she’s taking the p!ss out of the hair with that little nod to (There’s Something About) Mary.

• Denise November 14, 2013 at 07:46 #

That’s what I thought when I saw her hair !!!!! I like the dress and the styling. I think she looks great here .

16. CreoleLady November 13, 2013 at 23:13 #

Better. There is a spark — which is almost smothered by the black, er, navy. Have seen this strapless bodice umpteen times from Dior and here it is AGAIN. She has not caught fire yet, Dior is still holding her back. I’ll wait for LA.

17. Nat November 13, 2013 at 23:17 #

I love the hair and make up but that sheer fabric makes no sense in that dress. She needs to stop wearing Dior.

• grace November 14, 2013 at 09:05 #

I couldn’t agree more! The hair, makeup and accessories are the only thing that manage to raise her look. The sheer fabric looks so cheap and wrinkled. It’s quite sub-par for Dior. Oh, wait, no, it actually fits perfectly in the new Dior aesthetic.

• Dean November 14, 2013 at 13:14 #

I completely agree. I love Jennifer, but her and Dior just do not fit. She needs a better stylist. The sheer makes no sense. Dior’s going downhill.

18. Neli November 13, 2013 at 23:43 #

bad

19. justme November 13, 2013 at 23:43 #

Thumbs up from the neck up.
    Jennifer is 23, there’s nothing exciting about this dress.

20. Angela R. November 14, 2013 at 00:04 #

This is a very boring dress. True. So she should have added some “spice” wearing some interesting shoes. Personally, I do not think those Anthony Vaccarello sandals suit the dress. They are too open, they take all the elegance out of the dress, which in fact looks much better on the model who is wearing a lovely pair of shoes from DIOR.

21. Jess2 November 14, 2013 at 00:33 #

I really like this dress on her and the shoes and makeup are fantastic but I’m just not onboard with the hair and earrings. I want to like the hair so bad but it’s just not working for me yet at the premieres and photocalls. Having said that, I saw her recent interview for Yahoo and it was the best her hair has looked so far.

22. crispy November 14, 2013 at 00:55 #

Better but still not giving me the WOW-fire from the last promo tour. Zoe/Dior needs to step it up a notch.

23. yaas November 14, 2013 at 01:18 #

Shoes are by Anthony Vaccarello.

From all looks so far, I like this one

24. Kathy November 14, 2013 at 01:30 #

Love, love, LOVE! She looks so fierce, between the hair & makeup and the daring dress. I, for one, think the Dior/JLaw pairing has always had great potential (albeit a 50% success rate thus far), so I’m thrilled by this. I imagine the skirt would look stunning in movement, judging by the “rippling” effect from the runway photo.

25. Nat39 November 14, 2013 at 01:31 #

It’s not exactly a wow moment but it’s a good look, one of her best lately.

26. jeremyrain November 14, 2013 at 04:15 #

Am I got a feeling that Dior girls like JenLaw, Marion, or Natalie Portman are bounded contractually to wear Dior at almost EVERY events they go to? It’s like meeting a quota-you are not allow to wear other designers until you fulfill your obligation of wearing “XYZ” numbers of Dior dresses.

27. Dee November 14, 2013 at 04:53 #

I think this is perfect FC. I love the surprise of her edgy shoes. def best contender

28. Alina November 14, 2013 at 05:28 #

It’s better than her other looks, but it’s not WOW.

Missed Elizabeth Banks at this premiere.

29. Caro Chanel November 14, 2013 at 05:30 #

Wow! I am thrilled to see her like this. She looks fantastic. This look is perfect for Jennifer because It is elegant yet funky and it matches her hairstyle. It’s like she’s saying: “hey, what do you want from me? Don’t mess with me.” It’s a confident, feminine look. Love it.

30. Dani November 14, 2013 at 05:31 #

Ah, finally a Dior that works for her! Plus, love the hair styled this way! Definately not ageing now!

31. dressaddict November 14, 2013 at 09:00 #

That’s awful.

32. Evil Britta November 14, 2013 at 09:10 #

Feels very early 2000s to me (particularly the navy eyeliner), but still a good look.

33. Pedro November 14, 2013 at 10:21 #

She looks fierce!

34. Leo November 14, 2013 at 11:57 #

First ok look from the promo tour by miss Lawrence, not a great look, but a better one. Where’s Elizabeth Banks to bring us the fabulosity to this premiere?

35. stella November 14, 2013 at 13:10 #

Love the rock vibe! great look! love it!

36. LeeAnn November 14, 2013 at 13:31 #

This dress is really beautiful and so chic. In real life it is beautiful. Her Wonderwoman pose is a little distracting but why oh why does she not wear the resort shoes .they add just a bit of zing and are really comfortable.

37. e November 14, 2013 at 14:14 #

what a killer look!!

38. Rebecca Z November 14, 2013 at 16:17 #

I like the dress–the hair is a little over the top, but…okay, I get it.

39. Fer November 14, 2013 at 17:09 #

Maybe it’s not showstopper premier look, but I have to say the styling is AMAZING, everything from the tip of the hair to the shoes is perfectly thought. Bravo.

40. Nuria November 14, 2013 at 22:08 #

I liked this time! A beautiful look

41. gabis November 15, 2013 at 02:20 #

Gorgeous. Love the styling.

42. Betelgeuze November 15, 2013 at 22:51 #

Excuse me while I breathe a long sigh of relief. I love Jennifer, I really do, and I’m happy that she finally nails it in the fashion department too.

I love the glitzy sandals peeking through the sheer skirt. The cuff earrings look to be a nice homage to her character’s signature dress in the movie. Overall, I really like it.