Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior - 'The Hunger Games Catching Fire' Berlin Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence donned Dior, naturally, for the second premiere for ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ held in Berlin, Germany this evening.

After having to take off her red Dior coat several times for photo ops on a cold, wet night in London yesterday evening, she selected a pale-blue double-breasted coat with pink-and-blue embroidered and printed guipure panels on the skirt from the Resort 2014 collection for a simple, stylish and weather-appropriate look.

Letting the coat/dress do all the talking, she didn’t opt for any accessories, simply adding Stuart Weitzman ‘Nudist’ sandals and a gorgeous warm smile.

I am surprised many of you are not warming to her new pixie cut; I think it gives her overall look a fresh feel.

Do you like this minimalist look after so much sparkle yesterday, or are you longing for more accessories?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

The EDIT featuring Charlotte Gainsbourg

The EDIT featuring Charlotte Gainsbourg

Lady Gaga In Thom Brown -  Glamour Magazine Women Of The Year 2013

Lady Gaga In Thom Brown – Glamour Magazine Women Of The Year 2013

53 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ Berlin Premiere

1. Christine November 12, 2013 at 18:48 #

I feel like no matter what she wears, that hairstyle will always bring it down. Not everyone can rock short hairstyles well. I have to get used to it. She looks older with that mumsy pixie cut.

With that said, the coat dress is not bad. I like this over her other dior premiere and after party look.

2. DaG November 12, 2013 at 18:49 #

I love it…however, it is a better piece for someone older.

3. Iva November 12, 2013 at 18:50 #

This is not bad look, but it’s still nothing special.
    If she had opted for the runaway styling – it would have been much better IMO.

4. Beth Rodrigues November 12, 2013 at 18:51 #

I love the pixie cut…am tired of everyone in long hair and never switching it up! So, I also love this coat dress..elegant, youthful and simply beautiful!

5. anonymous as always November 12, 2013 at 18:52 #

I like the new hair but the coat although nice, it’s a little bit mumsy for her.

6. Juliana November 12, 2013 at 19:02 #

Much better!! I like the new hair, but ages her a little bit.

7. kathryn November 12, 2013 at 19:04 #

Boring! She is the star of the movie and Elizabeth and Jenna are killing her in the fashion department.

• mm November 12, 2013 at 20:26 #

Exactly. I love the cut, however, these dior looks are just not fun.

8. The Dame Intl November 12, 2013 at 19:08 #

I am starting to wonder if she is pregnant, all of these outfits are loose around the stomach area…

• Malinda Jane November 12, 2013 at 19:29 #

I think her stylist is just doing her wrong.

9. Yeliz November 12, 2013 at 19:10 #

This is so boring and a bit aging, not liking this one either. The Lawrence-Dior collaboration only gets worse in my eyes.

• towanda November 12, 2013 at 20:59 #

ITA

• Mandy November 12, 2013 at 23:51 #

10. Paulyne November 12, 2013 at 19:10 #

She looks great , much better than the London outfir but i’m not blown away.. This is boring ! I would have love pop of colour via her shoes and her lips !

I’m really disapointed, she is the star of the movie and everyone else on the red carpet is doing better than her , especially Elizabeth..

11. Dorothy November 12, 2013 at 19:24 #

First, I love the pixie cut on her, she is just 23, so it is perfect for her age and she has the face to carry it.

Second, I’m so glad that she is not trying too hard and going over the top with Oscar type gowns for every one of this movie’s premieres. She is the star of the movie and somebody who has shown countless of times as a person that doesn’t put that much emphasis on high fashion and red carpet appearances. She looks very good and considering the temperature, very appropriate dressed.

12. Cinders November 12, 2013 at 19:24 #

Another boring Dior look. This girl is 23 and has a wonderful bubbly personality. Every outfit they put her in makes her look like my grandmother. Her stylist needs to be canned. I would love to see her in a Tom Ford or Michael Kors. I won’t even wish for an Elie moment.

13. Rebecca Z November 12, 2013 at 19:29 #

Yawn. I like her hair, but she is lacking pizzaz here. I want her to have fun!

14. Malinda Jane November 12, 2013 at 19:30 #

She looks pretty. It’s nothing special or memorable. She deserves much better as the star of the movie.

15. Cinders November 12, 2013 at 19:31 #

Also, you can’t tell me that there is no coordination between stylists on what the women will wear. So when Elizabeth is wearing Elie Saab, Jennifer (the star of the movie) wears a white coat/dress? SMH

16. dee November 12, 2013 at 19:39 #

Nothing special. this is nice for a photocall but not a premiere.

17. John November 12, 2013 at 19:40 #

She needs to get away from the Dior. They don’t do anything for her. Can we go back to some colors

18. Nat39 November 12, 2013 at 19:55 #

This is plain boring – the sandals are too muted and def. needs some accessories. I like how a bit more interesting visible shoes, the necklace and the bright lippie elevate the look on the model. But even with the accessories I’d still expect a little bit more than a little boring coat dress. Underwhelming.

• admmgz November 13, 2013 at 18:50 #

19. Saumya November 12, 2013 at 20:10 #

I like the dress but I think it would have been better suited for the photocall

20. Caro Chanel November 12, 2013 at 20:18 #

If I was her I would have felt so underdressed. Elizabeth was shining but Jennifer was just looking blah. The coat is nice and yes, I do like her hair, but this is a major event and she should have looked the part. Even if she’s not the girly girl, the others are stealing her spotlight. Can’t imagine Dior being happy about that.

21. Marta November 12, 2013 at 20:19 #

she needs to step up her game…
    this dress makes me think she’s at least 15 years older…

it’s a no-no from me… I mean she is the star of this movie, she is THE movie star on the planet right now; it’s just disappointing.

• Fiona-Brasil November 12, 2013 at 21:52 #

• Sleepless in Chicago November 13, 2013 at 21:15 #

+1. Both the hair cut and the dress age her. I think she feels it and feels uncomfortable. I like here latest look in the blue Alexander McQueen. Loved her previous hair style. It looked out of this word in the Dior ad photos.

22. Liz Waitzer November 12, 2013 at 20:25 #

I long for the day that she’s no longer chained to Dior….remember the premiere of the first Hunger Games? She can do SO much better.

23. Namel November 12, 2013 at 20:36 #

Ι actually love it! It would be really boring ,especially for someone with so many premieres, to look like a fashion doll all the time. This is stylish, poised, modern and weather appropriate.

24. Foteini P. November 12, 2013 at 20:55 #

I LOVE her pixie cut! It’s fresh and young!
    BUT I really don’t like her dress choices..
    She can’t even see Elizabeth Banks, that’s how far ahead the later is!!
    And it is a shame because Jennifer is the leading lady in the films!
    Should be fashionwise too!

25. the ogre November 12, 2013 at 21:08 #

I love the new hair cut too but that doesn’t excuse her from this less than impressive showing. Why is she making it so difficult for me? If she really wanted to wear this how much would it have hurt her to style the dress with the runway shoes or add that dramatic pink lip? Not good at all. After seeing Elizabeth Banks’ look, I kept my fingers crossed for a major look from Jennifer as well but she dashed all my hopes.

26. Ashley November 12, 2013 at 21:39 #

I agree with those above who’ve said the problem isn’t her hair (which, I love). The issue is that Dior is not her style. Her Oscar dress and the barefaced ads with the grey pea coat are the only 2 completely successful JLaw/Dior pairings I’ve remember off the top of my head.

Dior is fabulous and elegant, of course, but it doesn’t conjure up the irreverence and sensuality that Jennifer evokes.

• amanda November 13, 2013 at 03:25 #

Irreverence and sensuality? I think you’re in the wrong thread.

• Ashley November 13, 2013 at 15:07 #

Hmmm….I’m not sure if I understand what you mean.

I think that her personality is irreverent and funny, which could be channeled into more youthful, edgy clothes. In addition, some of her most successful past looks have been in curve-hugging dresses from Calvin Klein (red dress at the 2011 Oscars, silver dress at the 2013 Vanity Fair Oscar Party)

27. Kathy November 12, 2013 at 21:41 #

For me it’s not the hair that’s the problem. Her pixie cut is a refreshing change, and I can see her doing what Anne Hathaway and Emma Watson did with theirs–playing with the texture as they grew them out. However, this look is a let-down because there’s no trace of the runway styling. Her hair should’ve been slicked back, she needed a pop of color either via her makeup or some simple jewelry, and the shoes could’ve been much more exciting. She looks like a soccer mom here.

• Sleepless in Chicago November 13, 2013 at 21:20 #

I agree with other reviews in that Dior (or at least the items chosen for Jennifer) is wrong for her. She exudes this “don’t care”, “not trying too hard” charisma that requires a different designer to express. I would hate to see her suffocating in Dior; we do not need another Natalie Portman.

28. amy November 12, 2013 at 22:42 #

cute but not memorable

29. CreoleLady November 12, 2013 at 22:53 #

A white coat dress. Srsly? It doesn’t even fit her. Kors, Karan, Wang, Preen, Erdem, J Mendel. COLOR. Heck, I can find more luscious colorful coats at J Crew. She’s a young woman starring in an action movie, not a French matron going shopping. Ridiculous. She has and can do much better.

30. kane November 12, 2013 at 23:36 #

I didn’t mind the hair for the London premiere look, but it looks so meh all of a sudden. This look needed a pop of colour overall for serious consideration.

31. Rachel W. November 13, 2013 at 00:00 #

ugh. She needs to fire Rachel Zoe and go back with Elizabeth Stewart. Her hair screams Kate Gosselin.

32. ramsay November 13, 2013 at 00:35 #

Definitely better than yesterday (but how difficult was that really?) – still I’m not convinced
    This could’ve looked good on someone else – maybe older
    It just looks OK on Jennifer

33. ay November 13, 2013 at 01:56 #

I am soo bored with her Dior collaboration… She can do so much better than this…

34. Danielle November 13, 2013 at 03:20 #

Just boring… and this cut doesn’t make her any favor. I think some women look beautiful with the pixie cut as Charlize Theron, Natalie Portman, Emma Watson… but Imo JLaw is not one of them…

35. Jess2 November 13, 2013 at 03:44 #

Love the coat, it is far better than her dress from the other night but I wished she had kept the styling from he runway with the bold lip and shoes. Not loving how her hair has been styled thus far.

36. crispy November 13, 2013 at 04:14 #

Well this is better than the London one but the haircut ruins it. She looks about 10 years older than her real age. Which is a shame for such a young girl.

37. Teri November 13, 2013 at 04:20 #

I wish she belted it!

38. Ash November 13, 2013 at 07:25 #

really, wth is she doing? ugly outfit and horrible haircut, and her unwelcoming face… I just cant. If she keeps wearing Dior that’d be the worst promo tour I’ve ever seen. UGH.

39. Nadia November 13, 2013 at 10:33 #

I do love the coat and don’t see the problem with her pixie cut. But I think her stylist could have done more effort with the styling and makeup. Well, guess Jennifer wasn’t in the mood for that.

40. Nadia November 13, 2013 at 10:34 #

I heared she is going to avoid long dresses in the future after her fall at the oscars.

41. Joy November 13, 2013 at 11:22 #

If you’ve ever heard Jennifer talk, I think her new styling is more in line with her personality. She really doesn’t come off as a frothy, flowy, ubber polished girl. And I think that is what fashion is supposed to do, reveal the person who’s wearing it’s style. So I love her new look, now maybe it’s not my most favorite thing in the whole world, but I most definitely respect it, and see Jennifer in it 100%. She looks confident, classy and strong. Beautiful.

42. LeeAnn November 13, 2013 at 11:41 #

This dress is really pretty in real life-the lace panels are a very subtle pink and blue but so subtle they don’t really register in photos.
    I cannot understand why she didn’t wear the runway shoes because the accessories are actually much stronger that the actual ready to wear. The resort collection shoes are stunning

43. Alina November 13, 2013 at 17:34 #

She’s the star of a major movie and she decides to wear a coat at a premiere. Can’t understand…