Elizabeth Banks In Elie Saab Couture - 'The Hunger Games Catching Fire' Berlin Premiere

Elizabeth Banks sent a shiver down my spine while taking to the red carpet this evening for ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ Berlin premiere in Germany – this is why I love her.

Yes, it’s Elie Saab.

I only had two wishes for Elizabeth during this promo tour: some McQueen and some sparkle which we saw plenty of from the first promo tour, and you don’t get more bedazzlement than from the Bling King.

The Fall 2013 Couture gown was presented as a bridesmaid’s gown, but she was definitely not playing second fiddle to her co-star Jennifer Lawrence.

Her silver metallic fully embellished sweetheart strapless gown with silver ridged belt was styled with metallic Brian Atwood ‘Karin’ open-toe platform sandals, Demarco drop earrings, a Carla Amorim ring and a silver Kara Ross envelope clutch.

Wavy tresses completed her BDOTW-worthy look.

Which of Elizabeth’s looks do you prefer so far? The Jason Wu or this Saab stunner?

I will have to flip a coin at this point. I love that she doesn’t make these decisions easy for us.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Lady Gaga In Thom Brown -  Glamour Magazine Women Of The Year 2013

Lady Gaga In Thom Brown – Glamour Magazine Women Of The Year 2013

Lucy Hale's All Saints 'Pitch' Biker Jacket

Lucy Hale’s All Saints ‘Pitch’ Biker Jacket

60 Responses to Elizabeth Banks In Elie Saab Couture – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ Berlin Premiere

1. Nat November 12, 2013 at 19:03 #

OMG! PERFECTION head to toe! BDOTW

• Christine November 12, 2013 at 19:10 #

This is BDOTW Worthy. She wears it better than the model.

2. kathryn November 12, 2013 at 19:05 #

Ooo kill’em Ms. Banks!! Elie Saab for the win! BDOTY worthy for sure.

• Juliana November 12, 2013 at 19:08 #

+ 1!!!

• Dean November 13, 2013 at 13:41 #

+2 BDOTY for sure! Stunning!

3. Shara November 12, 2013 at 19:06 #

Elizabeth is the reason why I am so excited about CF premieres. Once again, she looks amazing.

• Mandy November 12, 2013 at 23:49 #

4. Paulyne November 12, 2013 at 19:07 #

I Love it! This is PERFECTION ! BDOTW ! So far , this promo tour has been perfect for her !

• Paulyne November 12, 2013 at 19:15 #

I just noticed that she wore yellow at the London Premiere and Elie saab at the Berlin Premiere for both HG promo tour… Is that a coincidence ? :) :)
      I love her !

5. Yeliz November 12, 2013 at 19:13 #

Oh. My. God. I LOVE this look. My jaw dropped. She looks perfect and even BDOTY worthy in my eyes.

• mimmi November 12, 2013 at 21:14 #

I completely agree with you!
      BDOTY worthy for sure!

• admmgz November 12, 2013 at 21:44 #

ITA!! :)

• Alina November 13, 2013 at 17:40 #

BDOTY worthy for me too! Flawless!

6. Zerina November 12, 2013 at 19:14 #

This ia absolutely breathtaking. This gown is made beautifully, overall great run for Elie Saab, first Taylor Swift in that divine red gown, not this one.
    But then, when is it not great run for Elie. My favorite.

• Zerina November 12, 2013 at 19:15 #

*now this one

7. mokka November 12, 2013 at 19:17 #

She is perfection! Again, I prefer her style over Jennifer’s. Last night she was my best dressed too!

8. Malinda Jane November 12, 2013 at 19:22 #

SHE LOOKS UNBELIEVABLE. Just unreal.
    BDOTW for sure.

9. Lisa November 12, 2013 at 19:25 #

WOW. The Jason Wu doesn’t even come close. BDOTW and BDOTY.

10. Dorothy November 12, 2013 at 19:26 #

Beautiful, but just like yesterday’s gown a little over the top for the event. Her tour for the previous HG movies managed to be both great and event appropriate, while on this one she is going for a little too much.

• Ramsay November 12, 2013 at 21:27 #

That is exactly my opinion
      She is wearing Oscar dresses to movie premieres
      These dresses are great but widely inappropriate for the events
      I wish more people were raising this point…

• Milla B. November 12, 2013 at 22:25 #

Sorry, but I disagree. This is a premiere of one of the most anticipated movie of the year. They have fans, huge press coverage, huge money involved. We are not talking about a indie movie. It’s is not the L.A premiere, but still big enough. So Elizabeth is not OTT , is Jennifer Lawrence that unfortunately this year, is underdressed for such a big event. I blame Dior and Rachel Zoe.

• ramsay November 13, 2013 at 00:31 #

Even if it’s a huge movie with press coverage and fans why would a cocktail dress be inappropriate? It was always appropriate and enough to wear a cocktail dress or a nice pantsuit or maximum a very simple evening dress to a movie premiere and it was believed to be OTT to wear an embroidered couture dress. It’s only over the last 2/3 years that it has become common to wear ballgowns and evening dresses with intricate embroidery to movie premieres. There is too much sparkle without much distinction to the occasion. And I find that too much. Some actresses still seem to have a sense of occasion look at Julia Roberts at the premiere of August Osage County at TIFF (another huge movie with huge ensemble cast), she was in a simple red Dolce dress, or at Angelina at the premieres of World War Z, she was in cocktail dresses, pantsuits and one very simple black evening dress.
          I mean I don’t see any difference between this dress and an Oscar, Golden Globes or Emmy dress, which seems odd to me – because these events are black tie Awards ceremonies and this is just a movie premiere
          I do understand that people admire this Elie Saab piece (and so do I) but I would’ve preferred if it had been worn on a different occasion.

• Lexa November 13, 2013 at 08:09 #

Sorry, but your examples are a bit off: firstly: Julia Roberts is usually underdressed for most of events she is taking part in and TIFF is a kind of a laid back festival, to which you can wear anything. secondly: Angelina Jolie at “World War Z” was only as a partner to Brad Pitt, who was the star of that movie. In her role of ‘+1′ she was supposed NOT to upstage him, that is why she chose the above mentioned dresses.
            Here we have a premiere of a high budget movie that is widely anticipated and has a huge fan following, so I don’t see why she shouldn’t dress her best. Why should we restrict ourselves to award ceremonies? Last time round she also wore two beautiful embelished dresses: by Bill Blass and by Elie Saab and somehow that didn’t raise objections. I think we should appreciate a great high fashion moment when we get one. Especially such a beautiful one as this one :)

• Khine November 13, 2013 at 10:44 #

• Ramsay November 13, 2013 at 13:15 #

For the record I had complained (including on this website) about Elizabeth Banks looks for the first Hunger Games instalment – and I had mentioned that both her dresses were nice but OTT – so this complaint is not new
              If the above examples don’t work in your opinion just consider the looks of any major stars for one of their premieres (Angelina, Nicole, Charlize, Julia etc.) – the most they go for is a simple long dress, no embroidery, no glitz – and even when they go for couture (Charlize at the Snow White premiere) it’s a simple dress that cannot be mistaken for a Oscar ensemble
              I think for all these stars you can make a clear distinction between their photo call looks, their premiere looks, their “minor” awards ceremony looks and their “major” awards ceremony looks and in my opinion this is how it should be – there should be a distinction
              I understand the point about appreciating Elizabeth’s lovely Elie Saab but I could’ve appreciated this dress at the Golden Globes for example – and I could’ve instead appreciated a different look (e.g. cocktail dress, a pantsuit, a LBD) for the premiere – so we can see a wider variety of looks on the red carpet and we can appreciate each and every one of those looks – and the red carpet would be less note
              That is my opinion and I understand yours (the need and appreciation of beauty no matter when it comes) but I want the red carpet to offer us more variety

• Icee November 12, 2013 at 21:54 #

11. Nat39 November 12, 2013 at 19:29 #

I think my heart just stopped. This is truly breathtaking. Her Jason Wu can’t hold a handle to this look. A Wow BDOTW worthy moment, the one to beat this week.

• Nat39 November 12, 2013 at 19:31 #

*candle

12. mm November 12, 2013 at 19:29 #

BDOTY worthy

13. Rebecca Z November 12, 2013 at 19:32 #

She does looks spectacular. I also prefer this dress to the yellow one. Definitely the one to beat this week.

• admmgz November 12, 2013 at 21:44 #

14. dee November 12, 2013 at 19:36 #

I got my wow moment. There is no contest between this and the yellow gown. This dress is gorgeous and she looks gorgeous in it. BDOTW for sure.

15. Pedro November 12, 2013 at 19:36 #

WOW!
    She looks perfect. BDOTW for sure

16. Larissa November 12, 2013 at 19:37 #

OMG BDOTW

17. Suz November 12, 2013 at 19:42 #

Forget BDOTW, this is a BDOTY nominee for sure! It’s already been said here, but I have to say it again. This is just perfection.

18. Marta November 12, 2013 at 20:13 #

OMG in the best possible way!

19. Namel November 12, 2013 at 20:28 #

Although i’m little bored by Saab this is AMAZING!!!

• Namel November 12, 2013 at 20:38 #

Except the hair. :{

20. Maria November 12, 2013 at 20:49 #

This is just fabulous. She’s blowing JLaw out of the water so far!

21. Aline November 12, 2013 at 21:06 #

WOW! WOW! WOW! This is perfection! I’m completely blown away.

I wasn’t really a fan of the Jason Wu gown, so this one easily wins for me. BDOTW and BDOTY-worthy.

22. Jessica November 12, 2013 at 21:08 #

BDOTW and it’s only tuesday! I love this look from head to toe! Gorgeous dress!

23. the ogre November 12, 2013 at 21:17 #

Thank god for her! It’s a good move, coordinating all her looks in some way with last year’s promo tour. Keeps us admirers busy and in the loop. Absolutely breathtaking! Look at the fit of that gown. There is not a single thing I would change here and this one will be hard to beat! BDOTW as long as someone else doesn’t upstage her.

24. CreoleLady November 12, 2013 at 21:31 #

I’m starting to wonder who the star of this film is. Banks is certainly wearing the types of looks I wish Lawrence could wear — color, metallics, figure flattering silhouettes. Instead, Lawrence is stuck with Dior and looks older/more conservative that Banks, who is ten years her senior. Anyway, Banks looks great, I prefer this over the yellow.

25. Pablo November 12, 2013 at 22:07 #

I’d say she deserves to be up the poll as BDTOW contender twice. Can’t chose!

26. michaboa November 12, 2013 at 22:13 #

slayed.

27. amy November 12, 2013 at 22:42 #

love, love, love!

28. kane November 12, 2013 at 23:35 #

Elie Saab is an easy winner in this fashion stand off with Jason Wu. She looks ethereal!

29. Derro November 13, 2013 at 00:17 #

I personally didn’t like the Jason Wu – the shape was gorgeous but the color was AWFUL on her. This, however, is divine.

30. sara November 13, 2013 at 00:39 #

LOVEEEE head to toe

31. Hannah November 13, 2013 at 01:03 #

I adore adore adore this! I loved her Jason Wu moment, but to be honest, I forget about it when I see this.
    As much as I do love an Elie Saab red carpet moment, I always feel that the runway model looks better, but absolutely not in this case, she has made this gown her own and breathed new life into Elie Saab, which can often seem samey. It’s old hollywood glamour but it is also a breath fo fresh air, somehow. She just kicked Naomie Harris and Lupita Nyong’o off my list for best 2013 promo tour. My only tiny complaint is the overdoing fo the bronzer, but it is only a problem in certain lights.

32. JG November 13, 2013 at 02:42 #

Perfection personified. Elizabeth in this gown is everything.

33. Danielle November 13, 2013 at 03:04 #

Wow, love it! She looks perfect! The dress is gorgeous, and it fits her so well.

34. Jess2 November 13, 2013 at 03:40 #

She was outstanding at the last Hunger Games tour and my fingers were crossed that she would wow us again! At the 11th hour she brings us a BDOTY worthy look! Perfection from head to toe, oh how I adore her.

35. Nishtha November 13, 2013 at 06:26 #

I liked the Jason Wu look but THIS is in another league altogether. I mean the fit of the gown, man! It looks like it was created on her body and for her body.

36. Saumya November 13, 2013 at 09:39 #

So so pretty! I love this year’s Elie Saab fall collection and this dress looks divine on her. I’m hoping for a hat-trick!!!

37. Fiona November 13, 2013 at 10:39 #

I much prefer this look on her – the silvery sparkle is so much softer on her colouring and the fit is perfection. I love that she likes colour (as do I) but sometimes the colour is jarring on her and it looks forced. This looks effortless and elegant – BDOTW contender for sure.

38. Denise November 13, 2013 at 11:21 #

Stunning but she should have saved it for awards season .

39. Larissa November 13, 2013 at 12:16 #

Jaw-dropping! She always looks completely comfortable in the most glamorous and sparkling gowns (unlike many other celebrities).Maybe she’s overdressed for a movie premiere but who cares when she looks that perfect!

40. Noemi November 14, 2013 at 20:42 #

I prefer this one, even if I don’t particularly like the hairstyle.

41. Dhppy November 14, 2013 at 22:35 #

It’s always a good season when Elizabeth Banks takes to the red carpet.