Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture - 'The Hunger Games Catching Fire' World Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence returned to the red carpet for the UK premiere of ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ hosted this evening at Odeon Leicester Square in London.

No big shock that the actress and Miss Dior girl was donning Christian Dior, this time from the Couture Fall 2013 collection. Her white, gathered-waist gown was encrusted with a wide panel of candy-coloured embellishment that added a lighthearted note to the dress—even if it struck at what was not the most figure-flattering, hipline placement.

Perhaps the more stunning aspect of the look, which was missing some of the runway’s streamlined shapeliness, was the backless, mock cape silhouette that had all the right notes of chic sophistication.

Accessories were kept to a minimum here, with midnight-blue Kurt Geiger London pumps taking top billing and stud Sydney Evan earrings playing a minor supporting role.

While Jennifer’s newly shorn pixie locks are sure to cause a stir, I have a feeling her style will, too. Has she won you over, or is this a disappointing entrance that doesn’t meet your expectations?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jena Malone In Monique Lhuillier - 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' World Premiere

Jena Malone In Monique Lhuillier – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ World Premiere

Elizabeth Banks In Jason Wu - 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' World Premiere

Elizabeth Banks In Jason Wu – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ World Premiere

82 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ World Premiere

1. Serena November 11, 2013 at 20:17 #

I like it from the waist up (she looks gorgeous, love the hair and the make-up! She even reminds me a bit of Cate Blanchett for some reason), but the bottom half seems a bit ill-fitting :/

2. Regina November 11, 2013 at 20:18 #

No, this is bad. She has entire collections of Dior at her fingertips, why did she choose this shapeless outfit? The creases don’t help either. Or the haircut!

• Christine November 11, 2013 at 22:23 #

Plus she looks so older with that hairstyle. its aging her.

The dress is unflattering.

• JJ November 11, 2013 at 22:30 #

As Regina inferred, is the Dior collection that bad that she chose this?

3. Elena November 11, 2013 at 20:18 #

Dior must have a really strict policy with the actresses that promote this brand because, really, this dress is atrocious! Step away from any kind of satin Dior, Jennifer!

4. Stella November 11, 2013 at 20:19 #

I was expecting something more fun and sexy, but this.. beside the back I don’t know what to save :( She’s beautiful but Dior is definetly not for her: the Oscar gown was an exception..
    Still missing how incredible she looked in that red CK or in that famous golden Prabal Gurung

• CreoleLady November 12, 2013 at 00:44 #

+1, with feeling. Can’t wait until this arrangement with Dior is O.V.E.R.

• Foteini P. November 12, 2013 at 22:08 #

• Jess2 November 12, 2013 at 12:46 #

All I can think about is that gold Prabal Gurung! While the back of this look is great I remain disappointed with this look overall and the Dior collab. Not sure about her hair yet.

5. Elle November 11, 2013 at 20:19 #

I think she looks good. Good, not great.

As you said, I think the back of the dress is much more stunning.

I know she’s the campaign girl for Dior, but I really wish she could wear another designer because this collection is just not doing it for me.

• Mandy November 11, 2013 at 21:22 #

+1 I also hope she mixes up her designers on this promo, Dior can sometimes make her look boring and aged.

6. Methedrine November 11, 2013 at 20:21 #

Not good at all! I missed the looks she had on the promo tour of the first Hunger Game! Like the Pradal Gurung gown at the LA premiere! She used to look so amazing!

• Gosia November 11, 2013 at 21:32 #

You have totally right!

• Quinn November 12, 2013 at 08:28 #

Exactly! Then come Dior and everything went downhill from that point onward. What a shame, she got huge potential!

7. Juliana November 11, 2013 at 20:22 #

I’m so done with Dior-Lawrence!!

8. Malinda Jane November 11, 2013 at 20:22 #

I don’t like the dress, I don’t like what it’s doing to her body and I don’t like the styling.
    So ready for this J.Law/Dior pairing to be over! How can they do Natalie Portman so right and Jen so wrong? It just doesn’t work.

• Noemi November 11, 2013 at 20:41 #

I agree, this dress is not particularly beautiful (it doesn’t even seem couture for me), but the creases, the styling (the hair is terrible) make it look worse.
      I think that fashion houses should stop to hire actress only because they’re very famous, some of them have nothing to do with them.

• Niki November 16, 2013 at 10:13 #

Couldn’t agree more. This look is aging her. Satin is bad at the best of times, but this is just dreadful. The length is weird, it makes her look boxy (I didn’t think that was possible wither her figure!) and makes her boobs look saggy. This is not doing Jennifer or Dior any favours. Of all the dresses in all the world, why did it have to be this one?!

9. Ana November 11, 2013 at 20:25 #

Definitely not my choice for her!! I hope she wears the look 24 from the Dior Couture Fall 2013, that I have in mind for her to wear it, at the LA premiere next week!

10. Nat November 11, 2013 at 20:28 #

She looks like she is 50+ yo in this dress. It does nothing to her body. I only like her hair and make up.

• jokebetweenthetrees November 11, 2013 at 20:54 #

excactly, it ages her.

11. Kate November 11, 2013 at 20:32 #

Boring and BAD.She is not a good fit with Christian Dior….I wish she would end her contract with them.

• LeeAnn November 11, 2013 at 20:58 #

So do I

12. Ana November 11, 2013 at 20:37 #

I think this is a better option

• Alina November 12, 2013 at 04:28 #

You’re totally right!

This dress isn’t bad, but it’s just NOT the right one for her. The aging hairstyle and the boring pumps only add to the poor dress choice.

On the other hand, I would love to see this dress on Zoe Saldana.

13. Fay November 11, 2013 at 20:38 #

I personally like the dress, but not on Jennifer. Dior has other dresses that would suit her better.

14. Magdalena November 11, 2013 at 20:44 #

This look really ages her. From the back it looks amazing though.

15. The Dame Intl November 11, 2013 at 20:44 #

Oh no, this did not work on her! This has aged her 20 years!! How sad :(

16. Nat39 November 11, 2013 at 20:56 #

This isn’t working for her – very unflattering and a bit too mature for her, the length is awkward, she looks top-heavy and plain mumsy. Just all wrong.

• Erin November 11, 2013 at 22:23 #

• Fiona-Brasil November 12, 2013 at 00:09 #

17. LeeAnn November 11, 2013 at 20:56 #

whilst it pains me to say this as a fan of Dior but I really do not like this at all

18. dee November 11, 2013 at 21:09 #

I don’t like this at all.

19. Yeliz November 11, 2013 at 21:20 #

There is nothing I like about this look. Aging, ill fitted, boring and the dress has an awkward length.

20. Charlotte November 11, 2013 at 21:25 #

Ugly dress, with no shape, the shoes are not working at all and I hate the hairstyle ! Not a good look !

21. kathryn November 11, 2013 at 21:28 #

The dress looks much better on the model. I am not sure this look translates as well off the runway. I like the shoes and her haircut but honestly I am not sure that Jennifer is a Dior girl.

22. justme November 11, 2013 at 21:52 #

Jennifer has an amazing body so whoever pointed her in the direction of those bedazzled satin white sheets must be stopped.

It’s really time for her (and Marion Cotillard) to part ways with Dior.

#freejennifer

• Anita November 11, 2013 at 23:09 #

DEAD.

• amy November 12, 2013 at 11:30 #

PREACH!

23. Marta November 11, 2013 at 21:54 #

Love her.
    But really don’t like the dress.
    Ugh.

24. LEI November 11, 2013 at 22:13 #

The dress is hideous.It aged her.

25. bas November 11, 2013 at 22:13 #

So ill fitting… I don’t think this partnership with dior is making any favors to either party. She only looks good in the campaing.

26. crispy November 11, 2013 at 22:16 #

Jennifer and Dior is just not a god fit. I have to wonder if they purposefully pick out the worst dresses for her to wear. This one does nothing for her shape and totally ages her. She should have signed with Calvin Klein.

• ramsay November 11, 2013 at 22:45 #

No – it never really works between Dior and Jennifer
      She is such an American beauty and Dior is such a French house – Her laid back, girl next door style doesn’t match either Dior’s opulent style or its current designer avant-garde esthetic. This collaboration is just wrong – Sure it works with Marion Cotillard because she is French, and has a classical style and it works with Charlize Theron because she can pull-off the grand, opulent dresses, and works (maybe slightly less but still does work) with Natalie Portman because she does have a glamorous, movie star physic but it doesn’t work with Jennifer – and I know Dior wants to have the it girl of the moment but wouldn’t it be better to make sure there’s a fit before signing her? I mean I can see Jennifer as face of Calvin Klein but not Dior – And Dior has enough movie stars representing it do they really need Jennifer? It just seems all wrong and it’s not beneficial for either Jennifer or Dior…

• crispy November 11, 2013 at 23:12 #

I totally agree. Nothing she has worn since this Dior collaboration started has wowed me not even her Oscar dress. In fact the Lavin dress she wore to the Oscars afterparty was my favorite look of hers from the entire awards season. Rachel Zoe has also been a disappointment in styling Jen, giving her unflattering pieces that dont show accentuate her cures. The day this partnership ends will be a blessing for both parties.

• CreoleLady November 12, 2013 at 00:49 #

Rachel Zoe styles Jennifer Lawrence? Well, Jennifer needs to dump RZ because this is terrible.

• admmgz November 12, 2013 at 01:09 #

I cannot express exactly how much I agree w/ you on all points!

27. Paulo November 11, 2013 at 22:42 #

I wish she chose something more
    fun and lighthearted.

28. Sanette November 11, 2013 at 22:45 #

I like her new haircut but the fit of the dress is off. I can’t wait for her to stop wearing Dior. It makes her look 10 years older than she is.

29. kane November 11, 2013 at 23:48 #

Where to start? What’s going on around the top? Strange levies… but ironically it’s even the part I like better. The pattern and structuring of the skirt have potential, but it is too long and shapeless. Meh for me, sorry Jennifer.

30. Betelgeuze November 12, 2013 at 00:14 #

I like the back very much, the front – not so. Too shapeless.

As far as I can think of right now, I realized that lately everytime she DIDN’T wear Dior it was a hit look for me. I’m afraid this collaboration is one of the main reasons I sigh everytime I see another Dior look on the red carpet.

The shoes are too dark IMO, the makeup could’ve been a little bit more dramatic and while I do love her new haircut, somehow she suddenly feels 5 years older. And, although I so hate to say it, but this particular pose and face in combination with the edgy haircut and couture dress are so… Nope.

31. Derro November 12, 2013 at 00:20 #

Beautiful. The back is gorgeous. Give me this over Portman’s Dior messes any day.

32. christy November 12, 2013 at 00:41 #

I just don’t understand how Raf Simons is winning any fans for his work at Dior. I loved his work at Jil Sander, however, in my opinion, every collection he has put out since he started at Dior has looked like something pieced together by a high school fashion student. I just don’t get it. I understand why Dior had to let Galliano go, but boy do I miss his beautiful work. Dior simply no longer holds the appeal it did while he was at the helm.

• admmgz November 12, 2013 at 01:07 #

• Iva November 12, 2013 at 08:40 #

• dee November 12, 2013 at 13:22 #

33. Prudence November 12, 2013 at 00:46 #

good god this is attrocious.
    I have said this a thousand times before, JLaw x Dior = epitome of disaster. She is simply not that girl! I mean really no one is Diors’s girl with the clothes Raf is making. Is she like not allowed to choose from the archives?? Pull out some splendid Galliano magic or simply wear another brand! Charlize has worn plenty of other designers why cant Jennifer? This is a WDOTY.

• Lee Ann November 12, 2013 at 13:21 #

Charlise is the face of the perfume which means she hasd more wiggle room in terms of dress designers where Jennifer is assiciated with the handbags and by implication the clothing. Yes the dress is frankly hideous -I don’t even like it from the back as ot looks like a Child’s attempt of sewing a Toga for the school play but Jennifer is not a model size and unless they make a dress especially for her like they did for the Oscars she is limited to dresses that can be adapted to fit her body like this baggy sheath. These Couture dresses at £65,000 and up are size 34-36 she is at best 40 so if there isn’t much in the seams she isn’t going to get into it

34. Liz November 12, 2013 at 01:09 #

The back is great, but she isn’t one of those celebs who can get away with going bra-less.

And the pixie cut does not suit her at all. Maybe a bob length would have been better.

35. cherrysoftness November 12, 2013 at 01:21 #

Dior snapped her up with high hopes after her Oscar, but after tonight, it’s official: she’s no Charlize Theron. I’ve lost all will to see her after this, the magic is just gone.

• Elle November 12, 2013 at 04:33 #

You’re totally right.

I actually would like to see her in a more sporty brand i.e. Calvin Klein, Victoria Beckham. But I also think she would do very well in something super romantic. Anything but this wishy washy Dior getup.

• Derro November 12, 2013 at 05:57 #

They snapped her up before her Oscar.

People are way too harsh on Jennifer. So many of her Dior looks during awards season were BDOTY-worthy. People praise Marion Cotillard for ‘working’ Raf’s Dior and yet if you look through her tag, so many of her looks have been hot messes… I find her more hit-and-miss than Jennifer in Dior.

• cherrysoftness November 12, 2013 at 09:22 #

That’s true, it wasn’t actually her win, but that upward trajectory that gradually pushed her to stardom after her first Oscar nomination some years back. At the time she was just, so golden. But seeing her in these dresses, NOT comparing her to Marion but just, to my own expectations, lately it’s been feeling so lackluster. Perhaps other people have been harsh but I don’t feel like I am – she’s a big star, backed-up by a mega fashion house, and my opinion was about how she was presenting clothes on the red carpet.

36. Lila November 12, 2013 at 07:57 #

I thought this dress was beautiful on the runway but it looks awful on her. The back is gorgeous but the dress just doesn’t suit or fit her. She looks incredibly uncomfortable in most of the pictures I’ve seen.

I can see Dior fitting with Jennifer’s flirty, quirky personality but Dior also requires a polish that she doesn’t have (yet). In this dress, she can pull off the sexy back and interesting skirt but she doesn’t give the dress any power.

37. grace November 12, 2013 at 08:00 #

This dress is terrible! It definitely does nothing for her. Good thing Dior has these contracts with actresses because nobody in their right might would wear such a satin horror.

38. grace November 12, 2013 at 08:11 #

Is there any reason why comments don’t show up? I doubt my opinion towards this dress (and Dior for that matter) was offensive in any way as to be deemed unworthy of appearing here.

• Catherine Kallon November 12, 2013 at 08:41 #

It hadn’t been modified as I was asleep. It has now been published.

• Lee Ann November 12, 2013 at 09:57 #

you sleep?? (-:

39. Pablo November 12, 2013 at 09:06 #

Seriously, what’s happening?

Is nobody going to shout out loud what a mess Raf Simons is doing at Dior?
    I couldn’t miss Galiano more… (only fashion-wise, though).

Having said that, Jen’s smile would brighten the gloomiest night! Such a fun gal! :)

• christy November 12, 2013 at 22:34 #

Completely agree!

• sara November 13, 2013 at 00:52 #

Agreed. Not only is Jen & Dior an awful match, but I’m pressed to come up with who actually would be a current good match!

40. roxana November 12, 2013 at 10:02 #

How ugly is the dress! Since Galliano left Dior, I recognize their dresses by how ugly they are.

41. Cat November 12, 2013 at 11:16 #

This dress should be ‘Catching Fire’ its atrocious! The whole ting is car crash! Can’t believe it! What happened? She so gorgeous… hopefully this is a one off. Poor girl!

42. Leo November 12, 2013 at 13:15 #

Is her stylist sabotaging her? This is terrible. Another Dior mess.

43. the ogre November 12, 2013 at 16:04 #

I love this girl, I do. I can also understand that it’s difficult for everyone to get over last year’s promo tour for ‘Hunger Games’ but there is some really harsh criticism going on over here. Even I don’t get the Dior-Jennifer Lawrence collaboration because she’s too young and spirited for something like that. But just lets please sit back and think about it. It’s not her fault! There’s a big team working for her who must understand her style which obviously does not add up with anything close to Dior’s aesthetic. So, they need to realize that too.

Coming to the look, the skirt is beautifully embellished but the top destroys the look overall. She looks wide and her beautiful body is not highlighted at all. Add to that, the aging hairstyle. I feel sad for her because I do love her.

44. Ash November 12, 2013 at 16:49 #

omg it’s awful!!
    ugly h2t

45. Saumya November 12, 2013 at 16:59 #

How unflattering and ill-fitting. If it wasn’t for Natalie Portman, I’d be likely to think that the Dior collection wasn’t wearable. I love her new hair though!

46. chisyelda November 12, 2013 at 22:17 #

I was really disappointed when I saw this. Could she not have picked many other dresses from the same collection?

My picks :http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/F2013CTR-CDIOR/#51

All these are remotely better than her dress… But I agree,this whole Dior collaboration just doesn’t work with her. Seeing the couture collection also made me wonder if Raf Simons is right for Dior. Most of it were such a mess.

47. Gabrie1a November 13, 2013 at 02:52 #

I dont understand how dresses like these get made… and then even worse be given such a brand name. Just ew.

48. Chloé November 13, 2013 at 04:42 #

Sorry to say this but I can’t take Dior anymore, specially on her. The dress looks awful!! When are people gonna understand that Raf is doing terrible at Dior???

• Niki November 16, 2013 at 10:16 #

Totally agree.

49. Lynnette November 13, 2013 at 18:07 #

Whilst I miss this version Jennifer Lawrence

I like that she is trying new things as she is growing up and for still being true to herself.