Elizabeth Banks In Jason Wu – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ World Premiere

Elizabeth Banks In Jason Wu - 2013 London Hunger Games Premiere

Elizabeth Banks brought a veritable ray of sunshine to the UK premiere of ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,’ hosted this evening at Odeon Leicester Square in London.

The actress completely commanded the red carpet in her bold and beautiful, custom-made Jason Wu strapless confection, a yellow extravaganza of a glam ball gown that still served up sexy appeal with its peekaboo side cutouts.

But it was really the dress’s bright, zesty citron shade—a delicious lemon curd of a hue—that stole the show, so much so that too much added sparkle would have been an unnecessary distraction.

So, Elizabeth maintained a more minimal jewelry approach, wearing just an on-trend Gaydamak hand cuff and a Jacob & Co. ring, also accessorizing with a Nancy Gonzalez clutch and Brian Atwood heels. She polished off the look with a sleek, side-parted updo and a coral-red lip.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

31 thoughts on “Elizabeth Banks In Jason Wu – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ World Premiere

1. Malinda Jane

I love it! So simple but really makes an impact. I love the orange lipstick with this look, too. She nailed it.

2. Nat39

Not sure if I like this hue on her at all, or the stiff angular skirt. I do like her presentation, however, with the sleek updo and contrasting coral red lippie.

3. dee

Not crazy about this gown on her. The color isn’t quite right, the cutouts and way the bust fits are not working.

4. Yeliz

She wore a yellow gown last year at the London premiere of the first movie and was my best dressed of the year. Now she is wearing another yellow gown. Although I am not totally wowed, I still think that she looks stunning. I love me some grand gowns. Definitely the best dressed at this event.

5. Mandy

I do like this however, there is something off putting about the rigid structure of the gown. I really hope she continues with her fiery colour palette like her last hunger games tour.

6. Paulo

Between her two vibrant yellow moment, I prefer the Bill Blass she wore to the Hunger Games London Premiere over this.

1. CreoleLady

I prefer the Blass too. This is a custom gown, not understanding why the fit in the bodice is less than perfect. The unnecessary cut outs don’t help. This Wu is certainly eye-catching and I do like it.

7. ramsay

She’s better dressed than Jennifer Lawrence but still I am not amazed
    Plus it seems she is doing a Fan Bing Bing but going waaaay overboard for a movie premiere…

8. Alina

Stunning! I love this – the vibrant colour, the minimal accessories, the perfectly chosen lipstick.

After her photocall look and this one, all I can say is: let the “colour feast” begin!

9. Pablo

Thank God for Elizabeth Banks!

Grand premiere big skirt, striking colour and lipstick perfection!

This is how it’s done, ladies! ;)

10. the ogre

I still can’t get over her yellow Bill Blass moment. That was perfect. It’s not that she doesn’t look great here, she does but there’s something off about the look because of the uncomfortable-looking fit of the bodice. Otherwise, hair and make up are perfection. Find this better than Jena’s look because that’s the only one I’ve seen oof this premiere.