Lupita Nyong’o In Lanvin – BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards

Lupita Nyong'o In Lanvin - BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia AwardsLupita Nyong’o was among the starry list of talent at the 2013 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards, hosted at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in California on Saturday evening.

The monochromatic palette was popular yesterday night, and Lupita continued the trend with her Lanvin Resort 2014 black-and-cream, dual-side gown.

Small touches added visual spice to the sophisticated, Grecian-inspired dress, including the embellished belt and the asymmetrical, draped shoulder detail, cut through with a bow-accented, ribbon neckline.

The actress, who has really done nothing but impress on the red carpet, wore the languid, floor-sweeping design well, even if the bodice appeared to be ever-so-slightly ill-fitting at some angles.

A bronze-lacquered lip emitted a glossy finish to the look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Elisabeth Moss' J Brand Classic Leather Jacket

Elisabeth Moss’ J Brand Classic Leather Jacket

Jaime King In Jason Wu - 2nd Annual Baby2Baby Gala

Jaime King In Jason Wu – 2nd Annual Baby2Baby Gala

18 Responses to Lupita Nyong’o In Lanvin – BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards

1. Christine November 10, 2013 at 16:43 #

Although, she is one of my new red carpet favorites…. I am not liking this dress.

2. Jess November 10, 2013 at 16:44 #

so beautiful, my favourite look from her so far. Isn’t it a snakeskin belt though? Looks perfect with the dress

3. Melinda Loves November 10, 2013 at 16:45 #

The dress needed a tad bit more nuanced tailoring but Lupita is one refreshingly gorgeous woman!!!!

4. Nat39 November 10, 2013 at 17:25 #

The glittery belt is pretty, I like it, but I think a simple black belt pulls the look together better. The ribbon detail at the neckline looks awkward – feels more like a last minute solution to hold the draped shoulder detail in place and prevent it from falling off. The bodice does appear a tad ill-fitted but overall it’s not bad, Lupita looks great and carries the gown gracefully.

5. the ogre November 10, 2013 at 19:31 #

My only complaint is the ill-fitted black part of the bodice. Otherwise, she once again hit the right notes with this Lanvin look. I would have preferred a black belt too.

6. Tatiana November 10, 2013 at 19:59 #

Gorgeous one head to toe. I really love the dress, it looks different and fresh. One of my favorites at this event.

• Yeliz November 11, 2013 at 14:39 #

7. CreoleLady November 10, 2013 at 21:29 #

I’m a Lanvin fan but I am very disappointed in the design, namely the strange ribbon detail. I don’t like the top on the tall model, never mind on the petite Lupita. Still, although not perfect, the fit isn’t fatal. She looks elegant and assured.

8. Anj November 10, 2013 at 21:45 #

I love this dress. She looks like a greek statue come to life.

9. kane November 10, 2013 at 22:14 #

Strange dress. Lupita looks good though!

10. Joy November 10, 2013 at 22:37 #

Lupita has impecable style or the best stylist around. Her being a newby this year, she has done nothing but wow me each time out. I’m loving her in this Lanvin dress. Absolutely gorgeous! I love how she wears the dresses instead of the dresses wearing her. Each look only showcases her beauty. Everyone should take notice, how to wear fashion to let your beauty shine through. She is definitely my up and comer this year.

11. Sherrie Golden November 10, 2013 at 22:38 #

This dress would look better if the ribbon was a little tighter across the shoulder with a larger bow that would lay on the shoulder.

12. snowlion November 11, 2013 at 10:09 #

Gosh, so beautiful.

13. msd November 11, 2013 at 10:40 #

Damn, this is the first miss I’ve seen from her on the red carpet. It clearly doesn’t fit her, although it’s a fairly limp and messy dress anyway.

• Alina November 11, 2013 at 16:12 #

Sadly, I agree.

14. anonymous as always November 11, 2013 at 20:08 #

I have to confess that something holds me from loving her style as much as the rest here. I do like it but not loving it yet…

15. Daisy November 11, 2013 at 23:11 #

The color suited her well. She actually wears blk nicely. However there is nothing special to say about the dress, lanvin or not

16. Dhppy November 12, 2013 at 15:52 #

Oh! Oh! How perfect! Her taste is sensational! So many look uncomfortable in Lanvin but she takes to the label like a duck to water.