Katy Perry In Zac Posen – 2013 MTV EMAs

Katy Perry In Zac Posen - 2013 MTV EMAs

Katy Perry took a fairly conservative approach for the 2013 MTV EMAs, which was held at the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam this evening.

I was expecting something far more provocative, but that doesn’t mean I am disappointed by her efforts.

The singer wore a Zac Posen Resort 2014 aqua-blue satin frock flared back hem in the designers signature fitted silhouette which hugged her gorgeous figure.

Opting for a bejewelled Dolce & Gabbana headband, she simply styled the look with Charlotte Olympia open-toe nude platforms and red nails.

I love the retro-meets-modern glamour appeal.

Where you expecting more? Do you wish quirky Katy came out to play?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Zoe Saldana In Calvin Klein -  'Out Of The Furnace'  AFI FEST Premiere

Zoe Saldana In Calvin Klein – ‘Out Of The Furnace’ AFI FEST Premiere

Ellie Goulding In Dolce & Gabbana - 2013 MTV EMAs

Ellie Goulding In Dolce & Gabbana – 2013 MTV EMAs

27 Responses to Katy Perry In Zac Posen – 2013 MTV EMAs

1. pinksugar November 10, 2013 at 19:24 #

While I do like this dress I think it is far too conservative and stuffy for the event. It’s a MTV event, have a little fun! Katy has an amazing figure but where she is busty the cut at the top makes her look a bit matronly. I also don’t care for the shoe choice. I will throw her a bone on the sparkling headband.

2. Christine November 10, 2013 at 19:24 #

I was expecting more. Not liking this.

3. Nat39 November 10, 2013 at 19:29 #

I’m normally not a fan of headbands but it actually works wonderfully with the look here, a sweet touch. The look does feel a tad boring/conservative but she looks delightful nevertheless – the color is lovely, the dress shows off her curves beautifully, I like the touches of red via lippie and nail polish. She looks radiant, sweet and ladylike. Thumbs up from me.

4. The Dame Intl November 10, 2013 at 19:41 #

I am really surprised at this demure choice for something like an MTV music awards event. Very strange. I’m confused at this choice.

5. Noemi November 10, 2013 at 20:12 #

I think she looks good and the headband is very beautiful.

6. Christina November 10, 2013 at 20:17 #

Like above, I am also confused at this choice. Although I think she has managed to look classy in the recent past, this time she is taking it a bit too far. I am also not impressed with the hem of the skirt: the folded nature of it makes it look like a last-minute adjustment.The headband is getting the thumbs down too. Shame, when she gets it right, she looks amazing.

7. Ana November 10, 2013 at 20:34 #

While I was watching her live on TV I was thinking: “Where is quirky Katy?”! That doesn’t I don’t like the look, I love it! I even like the hairband. She looks good!

8. Nee November 10, 2013 at 21:12 #

The hem is completely throwing me off liking the look. Very sloppy.

9. H November 10, 2013 at 21:36 #

Give me this over the Miley Cyrus hoebag look any day! Classy and elegant.

10. larissa November 10, 2013 at 21:52 #

love it great colour, love the shoes, great outfit surprsingly subtle choice given the event

11. lisam November 10, 2013 at 21:53 #

This would be a great street style look, but it is far too tame for an award show

12. kane November 10, 2013 at 22:08 #

Not crazy about this… especially the styling is disappointing… but at least we are talking “disappointing” rather than “disastrous.”

13. Joy November 10, 2013 at 22:31 #

Katy didn’t get the memo to dress as cheap & trashy as possible? I can’t hate on her since everyone else at this event is SO bad. She looks pretty, but not really a fan of this dress or the shoes.

14. Kathy November 11, 2013 at 01:32 #

Can’t say I like this. It looks very matronly, and it doesn’t make much sense at the EMAs. Katy is still the best dressed of the event, but that’s hardly saying anything at all because it was such a disappointing bunch.

• admmgz November 12, 2013 at 00:22 #

15. Malinda Jane November 11, 2013 at 02:51 #

She looks beautiful, I really really love the look. Having said that, she could have had a lot more fun given the event; this would’ve been more appropriate for a charity event or something more conservative.
    Compared to everyone else, she’s definitely the best dressed of the evening.

16. sam November 11, 2013 at 07:10 #

The dress is very elegant on Katy, she looks very grown up here. But this is an MTV event, she should play her ‘quirky’ side on this kind of event.

17. CreoleLady November 11, 2013 at 07:19 #

I haven’t been able to take my eyes off of the model, who looks like Pat Cleveland. So I googled it — and indeed Pat Cleveland and her daughter are modeling for Zac Posen. Stunning! Pat Cleveland is what, 60+ years old?! Sorry Katy, you can’t touch that, lol….

• KatieKate November 15, 2013 at 19:27 #

Yes, Anna Cleveland is a mainstay of Zac’s, and I was excited, too, to see Pat medel in this lookbook along with her. They both have such poise and grace.

• KatieKate November 15, 2013 at 19:27 #

*model

18. Dean November 11, 2013 at 11:46 #

She looks fairly good. I’m not loving the headband or the shoes, or the hemline. But I do like the dress, the colour looks good on her. Also, I do kind of agree that she should have been a bit wilder for the event.

19. Anne November 11, 2013 at 13:05 #

This reminds me of when Katy first hit the scene and her look was very pin-up girl. I think she looks lovely

20. Valerie November 11, 2013 at 14:26 #

I like it more after seeing the other looks at the event. She actually stands out more by being more conservative than usual. I find it refreshing to see a 50’s retro kind of look instead of the 90’s trash the others are wearing. That just wasnt the classiest decade and i dont really want it to come back.

21. Yeliz November 11, 2013 at 17:14 #

Well, since I mostly dislike her looks when quirky Kate comes out to play, I don’t mind that she looks rather elegant here and that this is not very MTV Awards material.

• Alina November 11, 2013 at 17:24 #

ITA with you. Also, her face and hairstyle looked absolutely FLAWLESS.

• dee November 11, 2013 at 19:08 #